Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Leyton Orient v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 54232 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: Sunday, September 8, 2019, 01:09:38 »

It's almost as if the manager has had a well thought out plan and constructed a team in regards to said plan? For Town, that seems quite innovative at the moment. Especially since the garbage we have had to defend/lose it/get frustrated at times, in several recent years.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
dogs

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: Sunday, September 8, 2019, 01:09:58 »

There is a lot of individual talent in this team. Those responsible for recruiting have done an impressive job, some of our players should not be playing in L2.

Looks like an actual cohesive team as well. Can only hope we tie those on short/loan deals down for longer.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: Sunday, September 8, 2019, 02:38:12 »

Given some time to think, I am reassessing my review - we were fucking brilliant.  It was never in doubt, not for a second.  Now, Reg does have a point, sort of, in that if we want to be in the top three, we have to put these teams away.  But, as per my insistence that this feels like 95/96, we ARE putting them away and the teams are changing to try and stop us.  That season we didn't really batter anyone scoreline wise, but we usually came out on top or looked far better.  Last season we were ok, but struggled in some games to put teams away.  Yes we should be beating Orient if we want to go up, well, we did, and with plenty to spare.

Of course, we'll go and lose Wellens half way through the season now!

Lets enjoy it while it lasts, go on Reg, let is slip for a few days, or weeks.
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: Sunday, September 8, 2019, 05:59:55 »

Great result.

2 goals per game is promotion stuff.  True the defence looks sloppy at times but that's a far easier problem to address than a lack of goals.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: Sunday, September 8, 2019, 06:09:22 »

"We can see you washing up". Also think we'll concede but think we'll have too much for them, second 3-1 win on the spin
Just sayin' Smiley
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: Sunday, September 8, 2019, 06:27:55 »

Love this from (I assume) an Orient fan on Twitter:

"Memo to L2 teams who play Swindon-mark and tackle the no.7 else he’ll take the piss all game #LOFC"

https://twitter.com/JulianCabbie03/status/1170358904846462976

Not bad for a close season trialist is he?
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: Sunday, September 8, 2019, 07:45:59 »

Listen to the latest Talk of the Town here:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p07mrrmh

Love those little pod casts...just what you need to sum up the game on a Sunday morning Smiley
scribblemilk

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: Sunday, September 8, 2019, 07:54:14 »

Just looking at season stats so far...

Eoin Doyle - 5 goals
Jerry Yates - 4 goals
Keshi Anderson - 2 goals, 2 assists
Lloyd Isgrove - 5 assists.

Some very impressive stats by those four players seven games into the season.

Special mention to Keshi, I was ready to let him move on. Looks a totally different player after being on the verge of leaving the club and performing brilliantly. Showing some of the potential he's clearly always had.

Whats Keshi's best position? Currently I see him as an overlapping midfielder as opposed to a forward which i think this season really suits his game and positioning, it massively helps that we've now got forwards doing the running and closing down ahead of him, and players dedicated enough to do the hard work behind him. Yesterday we looked like a 4222 as opposed to a 442 or a diamond, both Anderson and Isgrove played large amounts of the game relatively central with the midfield going out wide as a unit to press. It will be really interesting to see what happens when there is competition for places once Siddy and Diallang Jaiyesimi are free to play let alone throwing Doughty back in the mix.

Siddy by all accounts is a beast with long shot and a very impressive range of passing, whether he is a player that can do the hard pressing that Wellens requires could be the question whilst the Norwich kid is supposed to be lightening.

I haven't been this excited about a season in years.
scribblemilk

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: Sunday, September 8, 2019, 08:02:00 »

Great result.

2 goals per game is promotion stuff.  True the defence looks sloppy at times but that's a far easier problem to address than a lack of goals.

Whilst i agree there are moments of sloppiness in the defence, I think its more down to the system of pressing high and quickly moving the ball back forward, there are going to be moments that we are countered, yet so far this season it feels like those moments are few are far between and opposition teams even if they make the most of these few chances can't get a grip on the games, we are dominating teams from back to front.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: Sunday, September 8, 2019, 08:35:41 »

To be ultra picky, a pity that we couldn't keep the clean sheet.
Orient weren't far off a second on a couple of occasions.

Still, we created enough chances in the second half when in second gear.
If the form holds up then it's inevitable that someone will be on the receiving end of a proper hiding at some stage.

I'm sure RW will want the team to dominate for the 90 in games similar to yesterday.

Impressed with Grant. Fitted in well when he came on, yes, got caught out a couple of times, but kept it simple with no fuss and was forward thinking.

A chance to build up a positive home record coming up.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: Sunday, September 8, 2019, 09:14:18 »

Perhaps we can also put to bed all the ridiculous historic reasons why we can’t expect to beat certain teams - the sort of reasons so beloved of Reg, for example.

I’ve never subscribed to the thought that previous results have any bearing on future results.

Next up it will be the midweek games voodoo.

October will be interesting with Crewe, Plymouth (twice) and Bradford all in a row.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: Sunday, September 8, 2019, 09:17:41 »

Perhaps we can also put to bed all the ridiculous historic reasons why we can’t expect to beat certain teams - the sort of reasons so beloved of Reg, for example.

I’ve never subscribed to the thought that previous results have any bearing on future results.

Next up it will be the midweek games voodoo.

October will be interesting with Crewe, Plymouth (twice) and Bradford all in a row.

Easy tiger don’t get ahead of yourself. We have the FA cup & league bogeymen next. Lest we forget that we also have the taffies at the arse end of the month as well. Run for the hills, run for the hills.
« Last Edit: Sunday, September 8, 2019, 09:28:26 by Legends-Lounge » Logged
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #327 on: Sunday, September 8, 2019, 09:26:31 »

superb day out great result, I fucking love the Isgrove song Pint Pint
Watching and Listening on iFollow we don't have the priviledge of hearing it as the singing is often turned down, yesterday the sound was totally fucked anyway all game so I had it turned off.

What is the song may I ask?

Edit: I see the link above I posted before I read it.
« Last Edit: Sunday, September 8, 2019, 09:31:05 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: Sunday, September 8, 2019, 09:28:46 »

Great performance and great result. One of my mates said it feels like watching us in the McMoan promotion season where you just knew we were going to win. Confidence in bucket loads from players and fans alike. I know our away support and noise is always decent but yesterday it seemed to go up a notch too so credit to the support too !
woolster

« Reply #329 on: Sunday, September 8, 2019, 09:33:10 »

Watching and Listening on iFollow we don't have the priviledge of hearing it as the singing is often turned down, yesterday the sound was totally fucked anyway all game so I had it turned off.

What is the song may I ask?

Edit: I see the link above I posted before I read it.
the lyrics,
Always believe in your soul
You've got the power to know
You're indestructible, always believe in....
...LLOYD ISGROVE!”
to the tune of
Too Cool
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: