Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Tuesday's International Football  (Read 6420 times)
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Wednesday, September 8, 2010, 13:25:27 »

Yeah but who

Harry Redknapp

As for not giving a shit until we do well that's pretty crap really ! As with the Town I'll support England through thick and thin, even if it is almost always thin, and therefore give credit if and when it's due and not just wait until they finally win something.

I care far more about Swindon than England. I had a season ticket for Swindon when Malpas was there and we were shit. In contrast I've never been to see England play and don't watch them on TV much except for major tournaments.
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Wednesday, September 8, 2010, 13:39:42 »

You always get that up here so just ignore it.  To say that the Tartan Army soon stopped laughing last night would be the understatement of the year.  I don't know what made me laugh more.  The degree of celebration after beating a country whose population is about the size of Penhill's or the manager talking about it as being a "great night". 
I think you will find it was more cheers of relief than thinking it was a good result. Levein on the other hand is practicing at becoming Tony Blairs new spin doctor.

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Wednesday, September 8, 2010, 13:46:25 »

I think you will find it was more cheers of relief than thinking it was a good result. Levein on the other hand is practicing at becoming Tony Blairs new spin doctor.

Nice booing of the Liechtenstein National Anthem as well!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Wednesday, September 8, 2010, 14:07:33 »

[quote author=Spy link=topic=40703.msg871992#msg871992 date=1283952
I care far more about Swindon than England. I had a season ticket for Swindon when Malpas was there and we were shit. In contrast I've never been to see England play and don't watch them on TV much except for major tournaments.
[/quote]

I'm not questioning your commitment to the Town at all, just don't agree that you or anyone else should put the boot into England when they've just played well if you don't or have never particularly cared ?
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Wednesday, September 8, 2010, 14:47:17 »

I'm not questioning your commitment to the Town at all, just don't agree that you or anyone else should put the boot into England when they've just played well if you don't or have never particularly cared ?

I kind of see what you mean but all I was saying was my level of interest in England is that I only properly follow them when they're in tournaments and I won't be happy about them again until they do well in the next one. That might be harsh but it's the way I feel at the moment.
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Wednesday, September 8, 2010, 15:02:20 »

Nice booing of the Liechtenstein National Anthem as well!
hmmm, yeah. Needless to say that has caused quite a stir on the message boards. What sort of fuckwit boos a national anthem because it sounds like the anthem of a different country?

Its like booing the Marseillaise because it sounds a wee bit like the Star Spangled Banner!

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Wednesday, September 8, 2010, 15:35:40 »

hmmm, yeah. Needless to say that has caused quite a stir on the message boards. What sort of fuckwit boos a national anthem because it sounds like the anthem of a different country?

Its like booing the Marseillaise because it sounds a wee bit like the Star Spangled Banner!

I was very surprised as the Scots are generally pretty respectful of opposition anthems. However as we know, there are some very very stupid football fans out there!!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Wednesday, September 8, 2010, 17:54:43 »

I think it's a little naive to expect anything less, to be fair.  Imagine Oxford were a Championship or lower end Prem side, and then imagine the next team to play us at the County Ground ran out wearing yellow & blue and a picture of an Ox on their shirts.  I'll hazard a guess that they would get booed.

I'm in Scotland at the moment, and the people I've spoken to are almost embarrassed to have won.  Still - they've given themselves a lifeline.  Scotland's games vs the Czech Republic are key.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Wednesday, September 8, 2010, 18:47:17 »

Just got back. Great atmosphere in Basel city centre, some of the swiss were joining in too.

Adam Johnson looks great, hopefully he will become a regular. Before the game I thought it would be our toughest test, now either Montenegro or Wales away will be, the Swiss weren't really up to much other than their wonder strike.

As for the debate, I'll always support England, but don't really give a crap about most of the players.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Wednesday, September 8, 2010, 20:33:00 »

Hamit Altintop scored an absolute screamer for Turkey against Kazakshtan (I'm awaiting the very nice jokes)

A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Thursday, September 9, 2010, 07:07:46 »

Nah he shinned it!
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Thursday, September 9, 2010, 11:59:09 »

Reminds me of Mendieta's goal against Barca :

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up