Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Favourite/least favourite Grounds You have Been Too!  (Read 8705 times)
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Sunday, March 7, 2010, 20:25:17 »

I have also been lucky enough to attend a full azteca:mexico v brazil, was immense 112,000.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Sunday, March 7, 2010, 21:33:37 »

I had to buy a scarf! soapy tit wank

Thats alright.

Bushey Boy had to buy some socks for his fetish remember
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Sunday, March 7, 2010, 21:34:11 »

Maybe but you and tans loved it in their club shop caravan!

Cheesy
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #63 on: Sunday, March 7, 2010, 22:27:26 »

I was also there - great fun if a bit slippery underfoot.  I also went in the league game when Tim Flowers was dogshit. It was a crap ground. The Pikeys away was also fun.
blah blah

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Monday, March 8, 2010, 12:05:33 »

I'm surprised no-one has mentioned Vicarage Road yet - it seems that wherever you park, you have to walk about 3 miles around the allotments to get to the away end. Then when you are in there, you have home supporters in the tier above gobbing, throwing whatever down on to you. What a shit hole.

I still quite like Anfield as a ground, again its all about keeping the history, and Anfield has got the right sort of balance between old style real football ground and modern facilities. The old Wembley will always hold special memories obviously, and I think Boston deserves a mention as I remember at the time thinking this is how a football ground should be - ie a real shithole but with a certain old school charm.

And bending the rules slightly, another fantastic ground is Twickenham. Football clubs could learn a thing or two from the design of this ground. Spectacular when full, but even when half/third full you still get a decent atmosphere with plenty of beer & food stands all around the ground meaning no queues.
westcountry

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Monday, March 8, 2010, 12:15:41 »

Best...  Walkers or Cravern Cottage

Worst... Yeovil followed by Brighton

The 2 have i chosen for worst because no atmopshere, no roof and just generally shit!!

Walkers was great atmosphere!! Fulham was good also
Rich Pullen

« Reply #66 on: Monday, March 8, 2010, 12:18:40 »

Highbury was good. I like the away terrace at Torquay United

Old Trafford isn't shit but it was a massive disappointment.

Hartlepool United is a bit of a shit hole.
Melksham Red

« Reply #67 on: Monday, March 8, 2010, 12:24:40 »

Victoria Ground Stoke is a great shout. Anyone else there for the 1 all draw in 90. Fuck me what an atmosphere that was.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Monday, March 8, 2010, 12:42:15 »

Yes i was there, was also there a couple of years before when we lost one nil, but had about 30 shots to their 1, most one sided unfair defeat i've ever been to.
ReadingRed

Pragmatist clapper

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Monday, March 8, 2010, 12:45:44 »

Of the biggish modern grounds, Molineux is my least favourite - you're miles from the pitch and the sound and atmosphere just evaporates. White Hart Lane and Villa Park have the right mix of old-school tradition, decent facilities & location and great atmosphere.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #70 on: Monday, March 8, 2010, 12:51:03 »

I was there too, got a bit slippy when we started getting back into the game, if I recall.

Nasty hateful ground was Springfield Park, would never be allowed now with elf and safety, that bank was terrible as soon as it started raining...which in Wigan was all the time!

A good night out, but not as good as the final at Palace against Gillingscum.

heres the Wigan highlights you can make out that shitty bank behind the goal on the left.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: