Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Favourite/least favourite Grounds You have Been Too!  (Read 8707 times)
manc red

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Saturday, March 6, 2010, 23:10:37 »

Ive never enjoyed going to Peterborough, just generally a dull crap place.

Enjoyed going to Adams Park a few times, beating them 3-2 a few years ago was quality.  Ball through the roof supports always good pre match entertainment
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Saturday, March 6, 2010, 23:19:14 »

Enjoyed going to Adams Park a few times, beating them 3-2 a few years ago was quality.  The white horse is always good pre match entertainment

Fixed it for you Cheesy
Coca Fola

« Reply #47 on: Saturday, March 6, 2010, 23:31:24 »

Like - Bournemouth and Carlisle as well. Don't ask why, I don't know why myself.

Dislike - Doncaster's new ground is a soulless box with no atmosphere.
           Walsall is pretty dire, but I still go there every year because it's close.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #48 on: Sunday, March 7, 2010, 00:29:19 »

Peterborough was ace last year
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Sunday, March 7, 2010, 08:10:43 »

Best... Highbury was fantastic when I went. Next to loads of good pubs and a great atmosphere. Also liked Loftus Road. Proper old fashioned ground in the middle of a city.

Maine Road was also a good ground but in a very rough area of Manchester! I passed one house with about 300 beer cans in the tiny front garden. The chap must have sat there in his chair, drank a beer and lobbed it out of the window!

Worse... Chesterfield was a fucking shithole. The gents were basically a gutter you pissed into and then it ran along the terrace. Manor Ground was a dump and Accrington was like sunday league standard.
Sussex

« Reply #50 on: Sunday, March 7, 2010, 09:31:33 »

Accrington was like sunday league standard.

Maybe but you and tans loved it in their club shop caravan!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Sunday, March 7, 2010, 09:48:09 »

Difficult one to answer. I quite like shitty old grounds, well mostly. And new grounds seem much a muchness. So I guess I'll answer taking into account lots of things like location, result, personal circumstances at the time. Etc. Etc.

Favourites:

- Brentford. Especially when we had the terracing. Piss easy to get to. Plenty of boozers. etc.
- Blackpool. Rocks. Weekend away
- Grimsby. But only because we only had to travel from York. The fish and chips were nice and they literally gave me a medal for going.
- Accrington. Purely because of the milk advert.

Least Favourite:

- Brighton (Withdean) shit hole.
- Kassam - only been the once.
- Oakwell. Mainly because Barnsley itelf is shit. There was too high a 'cash converters' concentration per square mile. And that was pre-recession.

My favourite grounds to go to are the non-league pre season.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Sunday, March 7, 2010, 09:59:44 »

Maybe but you and tans loved it in their club shop caravan!

I had to buy a scarf! soapy tit wank

Not many people can say (or own up) to going to Accrington!
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Sunday, March 7, 2010, 10:33:56 »

Fulham and Brentford - easy to get to, decent pubs nearby, usually good following.

Stockport - always shit weather and shit drive when I've been there, and lots of dark satanic mills !
Withdean - might as well stay at my house in Swindon and try to watch from here. Surprised they don't issue gay opera glasses for away fans. Still not long now to put up with that dump (new ground or relegation for Brighton..don't care which)
china red

« Reply #54 on: Sunday, March 7, 2010, 10:46:40 »

My favorite was Highbury, an excellent atmosphere and felt really close to the pitch even though I was sat near the back.  Galpharm is also a really good stadium.

Least favorite's are Goodison park (real let down for a top division team) and Elland Rd which has seats big enough to fit a midget.

Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Sunday, March 7, 2010, 19:00:17 »

Am i going mental but wasnt wigans old grounds away just a grass bank?

Yeah it was.
I remember the Celery song there (in the play-off game when we came back from 2-0 down to win 3-2). Everyone was picking up handfulls of grass and throwing that in the air.

Oh, those were happy days.

As for my favourites, I did like Old Trafford & Highbury as away days, also Griffin Park was always a good day out.

Hate/Hated the Withdean & also Trumpton.  Colchester's new ground is also shit, middle of nowhere & a soulless concrete hell-hole.

But best of all has to be the old Wem-ber-lee, because we always won Cheesy
« Last Edit: Sunday, March 7, 2010, 19:04:13 by Posh Red » Logged
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Sunday, March 7, 2010, 19:07:14 »

he he he i remember picking up grass there. next game i had my celery confiscated at priestfeild by kents finest.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Sunday, March 7, 2010, 19:13:29 »

he he he i remember picking up grass there. next game i had my celery confiscated at priestfeild by kents finest.

Was that the night where the OB decided that a bit of tape was all that was needed to keep the two sets of fans apart.

Funnily enough it didn't do a very good job.

I just remember battering them for most of the 90 mins but being unable to score, and them scoring from a free kick which was given for handball after one of our players had been pushed over and had the ball kicked against him.

Still, it all worked out in the end Cheesy
Spencer_White

« Reply #58 on: Sunday, March 7, 2010, 20:01:28 »

Best... Highbury was fantastic when I went. Next to loads of good pubs and a great atmosphere. Also liked Loftus Road. Proper old fashioned ground in the middle of a city.

Maine Road was also a good ground but in a very rough area of Manchester! I passed one house with about 300 beer cans in the tiny front garden. The chap must have sat there in his chair, drank a beer and lobbed it out of the window!

Worse... Chesterfield was a fucking shithole. The gents were basically a gutter you pissed into and then it ran along the terrace. Manor Ground was a dump and Accrington was like sunday league standard.

Some real good shouts there. Maine Road was the absolute real deal. Proper spectacle having that sort of ground shoehorned into that area. Quite intimidating as well.

Highbury was definately the most picturesque ground I ever went to. Easily the best thing about Arsenal!

Love the intimacy of Loftus Road, always creates a great atmosphere.
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Sunday, March 7, 2010, 20:20:05 »

Fuck is that wigans old ground? went there for play offs in the eighties, so it was a grass bank, ace im not going senile.

I was there too, got a bit slippy when we started getting back into the game, if I recall.

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: