Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Rangers Fans.  (Read 5090 times)
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Friday, May 16, 2008, 15:09:54 »

Quote from: "flammableBen"
Isn't the McCrone report about teaching? Have you read it STA?
no, its about how the government has lied abotu North sea oil income since the 1970s. I have read bits of it but its a bit heavy going for my liking.

actually there was also a Mccrone report abotu teaching but thats not the one im on about

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/this-britain/how-black-gold-was-hijacked-north-sea-oil-and-the-betrayal-of-scotland-518697.html

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Friday, May 16, 2008, 15:18:15 »

Quote from: "ron dodgers"
Quote from: "janaage"
Yes as long as we get to keep OUR oil.

It's not your oil - sea boundaries follow the national boundary so it's our fucking oil - give us the fucking money back for unclogging all your arteries!
try reading the The Continental Shelf Act 1964 and the Continental Shelf (Jurisdiction) Order 1968.

Antything north of 55 degrees Lat is Scottish. Equates to about 90% of it

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
flammableBen

« Reply #62 on: Friday, May 16, 2008, 15:53:36 »

So are you for Scottish Independence STA? Are there any other arguments for it about from just general nationalism / grr.. at english? North Sea Oil is fairly short term income stream, what would Scotland be left with when that ran out, presuming of course you could keep the infrastructure, got to renegotiate contracts with drilling companies etc.? What about currency, would you be pro-euro for scotland, or stay with the pound?

So many questions yet to much laziness to do my own research into the subject
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Friday, May 16, 2008, 16:17:47 »

Im pro independence, yes. A large part of it for me is the fact that Some much of the worlc see GB and england as the same thing. One of the most infuriating things is talking to some yank and them saying "oh your from Scaatland, thats in England, isnt it?" A big factor for me is if the ROI can be successful as an independent country why cant Scotland? They certainly dont have the natural resources that Scotland has. Obviously oil isnt Scotland only income. Tourism and Whisky brings in a huge amount. Edinburgh is a huge financial centre and RBOS is actually the second largest bank in Europe. And I believe that businesses will thrive upon independence after ROI style tax breaks for overseas companies etc. Post independence, I would have a problem with the Euro.

herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Friday, May 16, 2008, 16:22:06 »

Quote from: "SwindonTartanArmy"
Im pro independence, yes. A large part of it for me is the fact that Some much of the worlc see GB and england as the same thing. One of the most infuriating things is talking to some yank and them saying "oh your from Scaatland, thats in England, isnt it?" A big factor for me is if the ROI can be successful as an independent country why cant Scotland? They certainly dont have the natural resources that Scotland has. Obviously oil isnt Scotland only income. Tourism and Whisky brings in a huge amount. Edinburgh is a huge financial centre and RBOS is actually the second largest bank in Europe. And I believe that businesses will thrive upon independence after ROI style tax breaks for overseas companies etc. Post independence, I would have a problem with the Euro.

Well fuck off back up there then.

Or do you have to live down here to earn decent money?

It's All Good..............
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Friday, May 16, 2008, 16:25:18 »

Quote from: "herthab"
Quote from: "SwindonTartanArmy"

Well fuck off back up there then.

Or do you have to live down here to earn decent money?
Keeps an english person out of a job  Soapy Tit Wank

Plus its too far if I am gonna get a season ticket in the DR stand. Beers

herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Friday, May 16, 2008, 16:26:41 »

Good point well made.

It's All Good..............
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Friday, May 16, 2008, 16:29:01 »

Nah sod it, we don't want your jock tainted money  Wink
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Friday, May 16, 2008, 16:48:00 »

Ireland get (or got) a  lot of funding from the EU though. Would scotland get the same...

Things get better but they never get good
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Friday, May 16, 2008, 18:31:37 »

If that had been Man U or Chelsea fans behaving like that in Glasgow the Scots would be going barmy.....20 fans beating a copper isnt hard its pure cowardice and gang mentality..
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Saturday, May 17, 2008, 10:12:45 »

"If that had been Man U or Chelsea fans behaving like that in Glasgow the Scots would be going barmy.....20 fans beating a copper isnt hard its pure cowardice and gang mentality.."

Leefer the Scots are going mad about THIS.  Do you think they don;t care about what happened, or are pissed off at the way the gers fans have disgraced the nation?  

I haven't heard anyone supporting the Manchester events.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Saturday, May 17, 2008, 10:24:55 »

Quote from: "leefer"
If that had been Man U or Chelsea fans behaving like that in Glasgow the Scots would be going barmy.....20 fans beating a copper isnt hard its pure cowardice and gang mentality..

Not quite so much prominence given to the fact that it was a Rangers fan who got the copper out of it, according to an interview with the copper himself on the BBC. But then that doesn't fit quite so well with the "hero cop/savage animal football fans" tabloid agenda does it?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: