Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Rangers Fans.  (Read 5095 times)
dell boy

« Reply #15 on: Thursday, May 15, 2008, 08:44:10 »

Quote from: "janaage"
Yes as long as we get to keep OUR oil.

And you pay for your perscriptions and university students!! Wink
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, May 15, 2008, 08:44:48 »

Quote from: "flammableBen"
You wish.

Why can't we have what's ours then?
flammableBen

« Reply #17 on: Thursday, May 15, 2008, 08:49:11 »

Because we're bigger than you. What are you going to do about it?
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, May 15, 2008, 08:56:24 »

It really depends on the level at which you believe resources are 'owned'.  If you believe that oil revenues should benefit the residents of Scotland only (and not the residents of the UK as a whole), why then should the residents of Aberdeenshire not benefit more than the residents of Argyll?

Don't get me wrong - I'm a big Scotophile (made up word, but you get my meaning) - but I've never really understood why some Scots feel that the oil is a Scottish only resource.

At present, Scotland is an integral part of the UK and, at present, the majority of Scots are in favour of retaining the union.  I accept that both of these situations could change in the future - particularly if/when the Tories win at the next election.  But for now, surely the oil is British...just like we are.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, May 15, 2008, 09:01:14 »

Quote from: "Ardiles"
It really depends on the level at which you believe resources are 'owned'.  If you believe that oil revenues should benefit the residents of Scotland only (and not the residents of the UK as a whole), why then should the residents of Aberdeenshire not benefit more than the residents of Argyll?

Don't get me wrong - I'm a big Scotophile (made up word, but you get my meaning) - but I've never really understood why some Scots feel that the oil is a Scottish only resource.

Probably because the majority of english people seem to think Scotland bring nothing to the table.  It's all talk at the end of the day.

Back on subject I suppose last nights events will fuel Celtic's "Scotland's Shame" campaign against the 'gers fans.  Which in turn will increase the "Large John was aware" calls from the hun.  And there you have the never ending battle of Glasgow.
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, May 15, 2008, 09:11:05 »

Quote from: "Ardiles"
at present, the majority of Scots are in favour of retaining the union.  

as of 04/04/08 when asked if Scotland should be independent: 41% yes  40% no  19% undecided. Cool

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, May 15, 2008, 09:16:04 »

To be honest, if I were asked, and I hate to say this but I'd be an "undecided" at this time.  And I hate undecideds!!
flammableBen

« Reply #22 on: Thursday, May 15, 2008, 09:22:54 »

Are there any major arguments for it apart from "Yey! Nationalism!"? There's the oil thing, but surely the North Sea Oil reserves won't last forever and I'm sure you wouldn't just be able to claim it all. They'll be contracts and stuff still in place, and the whole infrastructure won't suddenly become Scottish.

What started with me fishing (successfully as well, seriously I started by saying something about genetics and apes) might end up with me learning something.
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, May 15, 2008, 09:36:43 »

Football wise what really gets me about scotland is that if Scotland are playing a world cup or ero game english supporters generally want then to win, or aren't bothered. However whn England play the scots would actively support & back anyone against us.
Politically if they want independence that would be fine by me. What really galls me is that the people who run our country are labours scottish mafia,  scots MP's vote on English only matters, but English Mps have no say on Scot's only matters. So I would say you want independence great have it but take your politicians with you too.
Overall, my view is that scotland remaining part of the UK is not as important as the question of whether we should remain in Europe !

From the Dark Side
Foggy

Ketchup wanker

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, May 15, 2008, 09:54:03 »

Is there any truth in the the rumour that the rioting started when someone dropped 2p on the floor?

Sad to say, i must be on my way
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, May 15, 2008, 10:09:41 »

I wonder if a Celtic fan (working as a technician in Manchester) sabotaged the big screen??  Ruining 20,000 Rangers fans' year!
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, May 15, 2008, 10:18:34 »

Quote from: "Phil_S"
Football wise what really gets me about scotland is that if Scotland are playing a world cup or ero game english supporters generally want then to win, or aren't bothered. However whn England play the scots would actively support & back anyone against us.
Politically if they want independence that would be fine by me. What really galls me is that the people who run our country are labours scottish mafia,  scots MP's vote on English only matters, but English Mps have no say on Scot's only matters. So I would say you want independence great have it but take your politicians with you too.
Overall, my view is that scotland remaining part of the UK is not as important as the question of whether we should remain in Europe !

Most English fans I know laugh when Scotland get beat or don't make the world cup finals or euro championships so I would have to disagree sir.
dell boy

« Reply #27 on: Thursday, May 15, 2008, 10:29:37 »

I think most English fans will say to your face, we always support Scotland when they play, but in reality they want you to lose, I know I come into that category unless of course you are playing Germany or Argentina.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, May 15, 2008, 10:41:33 »

But why do you not like Germany or Argentina Dell?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Thursday, May 15, 2008, 10:43:49 »

Quote from: "janaage"
But why do you not like Germany or Argentina Dell?

Well, during the war.........
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: