Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Hammers sign Tevez & Maschareno? - Transfer Deadline Day  (Read 8261 times)
BrightonRed

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Thursday, August 31, 2006, 17:23:45 »

Quote from: "StefPol"
Well Tevez and Mascherano were owned by media sports investments, who according to the BBC, were interested in a takeover of West Ham last season, but eventually pulled out.

There's a possibility this is the key link. I think we can be quite clear that there's no way in the world West Ham could afford to buy these players at this moment in time.

I've done a little bit of research and it appears the president of Media Sports Investment Kia Joorabchian (who by all accounts owns Tevez and Mascherano) is very good friends with Boris Berezovsky (who has a very fucking dodgy history).
Boris Berezovsky used to be very good friends with Roman Abramovich but the pair fell out over a money dispute with Boris Berezovsky threatening to sue Abramovich for billions of dollars.

I wouldn't be suprised to see msi succeed in a take over of West Ham at some point this season and i wouldn't be surprised to see Boris Berezovsky somewhere in the background.

I think this looks more like someone trying to bring in players before the deadline to compete with Chelsea rather than Chelsea 'grooming' some awesome South American talent for their own purposes.

Haven't had a chance to look into it fully, this is just my gut feeling.

nicotine, valium, vicodin, marijuana, ecstasy and alcohol...
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Thursday, August 31, 2006, 17:24:50 »

Quote from: "STFCLady"
To top it all off, I would love to see the Hammers beat Chelsea this season with those new signings each getting at least one goal  

both will be 'injured' im sure
Scot Munroe

« Reply #32 on: Thursday, August 31, 2006, 17:38:22 »

the fees for both players are undiscolsed. Cannot believe this is going on.
STFC Village

« Reply #33 on: Thursday, August 31, 2006, 18:09:39 »

Shabani Nonda has signed for Blackburn Cool
Scot Munroe

« Reply #34 on: Thursday, August 31, 2006, 18:12:53 »

Quote from: "STFC Village"
Shabani Nonda has signed for Blackburn Cool

he is a bit injury prone. Missed most of last season with a bad knee injury.
STFC Village

« Reply #35 on: Thursday, August 31, 2006, 18:13:57 »

He's fookin' ace though! Shabani, wooooooooooaaaaaaaaaoooooooooo! Cool
Scot Munroe

« Reply #36 on: Thursday, August 31, 2006, 18:37:05 »

Quote from: "BrightonRed"
Quote from: "StefPol"
Well Tevez and Mascherano were owned by media sports investments, who according to the BBC, were interested in a takeover of West Ham last season, but eventually pulled out.

There's a possibility this is the key link. I think we can be quite clear that there's no way in the world West Ham could afford to buy these players at this moment in time.

I've done a little bit of research and it appears the president of Media Sports Investment Kia Joorabchian (who by all accounts owns Tevez and Mascherano) is very good friends with Boris Berezovsky (who has a very fucking dodgy history).
Boris Berezovsky used to be very good friends with Roman Abramovich but the pair fell out over a money dispute with Boris Berezovsky threatening to sue Abramovich for billions of dollars.

I wouldn't be suprised to see msi succeed in a take over of West Ham at some point this season and i wouldn't be surprised to see Boris Berezovsky somewhere in the background.

I think this looks more like someone trying to bring in players before the deadline to compete with Chelsea rather than Chelsea 'grooming' some awesome South American talent for their own purposes.

Haven't had a chance to look into it fully, this is just my gut feeling.

it is all true. saw it on sky sports news earlier today.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Thursday, August 31, 2006, 18:56:44 »

i must admit i was shocked to hear this news. especially as Tevez did well at the world cup and was linked with Man U and Arsenal
Scot Munroe

« Reply #38 on: Thursday, August 31, 2006, 19:21:52 »

well their old club corinthinas won this morning 1-0 away to sao caetano. I think that west ham will not 100% registration of the players. MSI will have some percentage of the registration.
Northern Red

« Reply #39 on: Thursday, August 31, 2006, 19:24:57 »

Theory is that Chelski have influenced the decision to ensure that they didn't end up at Arsenal, Man U or Liverpool.....
Thus West Ham benefit...
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Thursday, August 31, 2006, 19:37:17 »

Couldn't believe it when I saw it on SSN this morning. Fair play to West Ham and we can only hope the conspiracy theories are a load of crap! That sort of thing would be aweful for the game
STFC Village

« Reply #41 on: Thursday, August 31, 2006, 20:47:44 »

The Geordies have signed Antoine Sibierski from Man City :?
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Thursday, August 31, 2006, 21:09:08 »

Wigan Sign David Cotterill from Bristol City for 2 million  :shock:

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
Scot Munroe

« Reply #43 on: Thursday, August 31, 2006, 21:12:37 »

Pascal Cygan got to villarreal for £2M. Man city have signed American winger/striker Damarcus Beasley from PSV. I still cannot believe that the hammers pulled this transfer out.
Scot Munroe

« Reply #44 on: Thursday, August 31, 2006, 21:19:02 »

this is from the west ham website
West Ham United are delighted to announce the double signing of Argentinian World Cup stars Carlos Tevez and Javier Mascherano from Brazilian club Corinthians.

The pair have been signed for an undisclosed fee and put pen to paper on permanent contracts with the Club this afternoon. All other aspects of the transfers will remain confidential and undisclosed.

The transfers represent a massive coup for the Hammers, who have beaten off some of Europe's biggest clubs to secure the services of the duo - both of whom played a key role for Argentina as they reached the World Cup quarter-finals in Germany this summer before losing to the hosts in a penalty shoot-out.

Tevez, 22, is widely regarded as one of the most talented young strikers in the world. Labelled by many as 'the new Diego Maradona', he began his career with Boca Juniors, making his debut at the age of 17 and going on to become a cult hero at the Bombonera Stadium.

The Argentine football writers voted him Footballer of the Year in 2003 and 2004, and also Sportsman of the Year in 2004, after he had led Boca to the Argentine championship and the Copa Libertadores.

In December 2004, Tevez moved to Corinthians in a $22.6million deal - the biggest ever in South American football. Initially, he wasn't well received in the country of Argentina's greatest rivals, but soon won the supporters over and became captain as the club secured the Brazilian championship in 2005.

He appeared in every one of Argentina's five games at the World Cup finals in June, scoring a goal in the memorable 6-0 victory over Serbia and Montenegro, and winning the man of the match award in the 0-0 draw with Holland. He currently has 25 full international caps to his name, and has scored four goals for his country.

Javier Mascherano, also 22, is a highly-rated defensive midfielder who earned rave reviews for his performances at the World Cup finals in the summer, when he provided the steely backbone behind Argentina's attacking style of play.

Like his good friend Tevez, Mascherano left an Argentinian club - River Plate, the great rivals of Boca Juniors - to join Corinthians in 2004, for a fee of $15million, and helped to play a key role in their title success last year.

With 20 caps for the national team, he is considered one of the county's hottest properties, and has also been linked with a number of top European clubs recently.

Both Carlos and Javier are currently in London preparing for Argentina's showcase friendly match against South American rivals Brazil at Arsenal's Emirates Stadium on Sunday and will be available for selection when Hammers return to Premiership action against Aston Villa next week.

Exclusive reaction from Alan Pardew and both players will follow here on whufc.com soon.

The players have now returned to the Argentinian national team camp and will not be available for any further interviews. West Ham United will make a further announcement later regarding the official unveiling of both players.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: