Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Simon Cox  (Read 30783 times)
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Tuesday, January 20, 2009, 09:33:20 »

Very happy with them talking to Cox about a new deal but who are the other 5 he has identified? surely no one else has earnt the right to be discussing a new contract as yet.

I disagree - if we don't start these negotiations we won't have much of a squad left at the end of the season. We might not be overly impressed with what we've got, but given our difficulty in attractnig new players we've got to start somewhere.

I'd guess at Ifil, J.Smith,Easton,McGovern and McNamee as being the five - bearing in mind it says 'extending' as opposed to 'offering new'

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Tuesday, January 20, 2009, 09:35:13 »

Probably Easton, Brezovan... not sure on others unless they are some of the kids (did they sign 1 year deals?)

Even Easton should be playing for a contract, we have players that lack appetite at the moment at least lets make them fight for there future.  Why give players that already seem unmotivated the luxury of a longer stay.  Cox definitely give one to, Morrison I could understand, maybe even an on form Brez but beyond that I am struggling.
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Tuesday, January 20, 2009, 09:37:23 »

I disagree - if we don't start these negotiations we won't have much of a squad left at the end of the season. We might not be overly impressed with what we've got, but given our difficulty in attractnig new players we've got to start somewhere.

I'd guess at Ifil, J.Smith,Easton,McGovern and McNamee as being the five - bearing in mind it says 'extending' as opposed to 'offering new'

Half of these players have had plenty of time to prove there worth and have done very little.  Personally would let vast majority go in the Summer unless there is a massive turn around and let Danny Wilson build his own squad.  They have shown a lack of enthusiasm, ability, consistenty and fight for the best part of 2 years, why reward them for it.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Tuesday, January 20, 2009, 11:41:22 »

Id guess the 5 would be Brez, Ifil, Morrison, Macklin & Kennedy
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #214 on: Tuesday, January 20, 2009, 12:04:45 »

Id guess the 5 would be Brez, Ifil, Morrison, Macklin & Kennedy

Would be happy if they were the 5. Couldn't give a monekys about the rest bar Vincent.
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Tuesday, January 20, 2009, 12:13:45 »

Could be when he talks about starting contract discussions with 2 or 3 of them that AF is planning to use them as hit-men to take out the rest of the mob.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Saturday, January 24, 2009, 00:16:36 »

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2008/nov/25/football-scoutingreport-swindon-simoncox

Didnt catch this....hope other clubs note the valuation!
And i know SC isnt the sharpest tool in the book and apologies if its already been posted,i didnt see it.
Dozno9

« Reply #217 on: Saturday, January 24, 2009, 17:15:09 »

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_4841394,00.html

Bye, Bye?
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #218 on: Saturday, January 24, 2009, 17:28:24 »

hmmm  well Cox said he WANTED a contract extension so think that parts bollocks. I still think he wont go anywhere until the end of the season.
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Saturday, January 24, 2009, 21:00:32 »

hmm his agent Alex Cowdy is a canny sort - he's a travel agent as well - I think we'd like him very much
Arnold.J.Rimmer

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Sunday, February 1, 2009, 10:51:54 »

its been spoken about for ages but wasnt going to happen in January, but now it will be done in January

how much did we get for him in the end?
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Sunday, February 1, 2009, 10:57:29 »

Under MM everyone wanted to go in January!...i would like to think that DW being made manager and the fact Fitton is keeping him in the know about bids makes it easier for Cox to stay for a while...hes said he aint going anyware to sit on the bench so lets hope he can get 25 goals for us this season.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: Sunday, February 1, 2009, 11:14:51 »

Under MM everyone wanted to go in January!...i would like to think that DW being made manager and the fact Fitton is keeping him in the know about bids makes it easier for Cox to stay for a while...hes said he aint going anyware to sit on the bench so lets hope he can get 25 goals for us this season.
Even I wanted to go under MM!
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: Sunday, February 1, 2009, 13:35:50 »

I think a lot of young players move on far too quickly from clubs like Swindon. They rush in to a big money move to a bigger club and often end up not playing much before moving back to a lower division club.

Out of those clubs the Sky article mentions only Fulham and Sheff Utd would make any sense for him as neither of them have a forward with a double figure goal count, so he could possibly go straight in to the first team.

A million for him would be good, but I'd prefer it if they offered him a decent pay rise to get him to sign for a couple more seasons. If we were currently in the Championship, with his goal count so far this season we could easily be talking £4 million for him.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: Sunday, February 1, 2009, 14:12:59 »

I feel a whole lot more comfortable with the idea of selling our best players on for a fee knowing that Diamandis has left the scene.  If we got something like £750,000 for Cox I'd be happy enough.  I'm sure Danny Wilson would see a fair slice of that to buy other players.  We're a selling club...and at least now we're going to get fair valuation for our players, rather than clubs lining up to offer nuppence for our best players because they think we're desperate and will be going to the wall next week.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: