Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 28   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Northampton Vs Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 40096 times)
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: Sunday, January 1, 2012, 10:50:36 »

Left the gae just after half time 

I'll do it then.  Why?
Spencer_White

« Reply #301 on: Sunday, January 1, 2012, 10:53:58 »

Just seen a couple if tweets from our scouts saying that the formation was a 4231. If so, how did it look? I take it that Risser was the anchor and Muarry the attacking midfielder behind Magera?

I thought it was a mess to be honest. Northampton were the better team in the first half, and that really shouldnt be happening. I hope we dont put anything like that on the park against Wigan or they could embaress us.
DarloSTFC

« Reply #302 on: Sunday, January 1, 2012, 10:57:19 »

Thought today may be a decent time to do my first post.

Yesterday I brought a couple of family members with me, both being Rushden & Diamonds/AFC Rushden fans, they were well up for a Swindon win, I've never seen a 'non Swindon fan' sing so much. Was great to see, singing 'down with the Oxford' and 'that's why you're going down' etc was sheer elation. The team spirit shone through, not only with the character of turning the game on it's head, and getting a 93rd minute winner from an unlikely source (McCormack) BUT the celebration too!! Northampton & O****d fans are all kicking off about it...but I'm pretty sure if it was their manager it'd have been fine.

I've not felt like this about an away day since Charlie Austin rounded the keeper at Southampton in the playoff season.

Happy new year all.
fatbasher

« Reply #303 on: Sunday, January 1, 2012, 11:04:42 »

Thought today may be a decent time to do my first post.

Yesterday I brought a couple of family members with me, both being Rushden & Diamonds/AFC Rushden fans, they were well up for a Swindon win, I've never seen a 'non Swindon fan' sing so much. Was great to see, singing 'down with the Oxford' and 'that's why you're going down' etc was sheer elation. The team spirit shone through, not only with the character of turning the game on it's head, and getting a 93rd minute winner from an unlikely source (McCormack) BUT the celebration too!! Northampton & O****d fans are all kicking off about it...but I'm pretty sure if it was their manager it'd have been fine.

I've not felt like this about an away day since Charlie Austin rounded the keeper at Southampton in the playoff season.

Happy new year all.

Nice one!
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: Sunday, January 1, 2012, 11:09:24 »

The day we start taking the views of Cobblers and Oxford fans in to consideration will be a sad one.  It was a wonderful celebration.  And every one of the whingers would have lapped it up had their manager done something similar.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: Sunday, January 1, 2012, 11:12:12 »

Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #306 on: Sunday, January 1, 2012, 11:16:05 »

Cheers Batch, hadn't seen the goals. Connell's goal was really well worked and taken, hopefully he and Benson can make a good partnership.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: Sunday, January 1, 2012, 11:21:02 »

The last goal doesn't do justice to Alan McC's run, hopefully the official highlights will.
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: Sunday, January 1, 2012, 11:22:42 »

Great ball from De Vita as well for the winner.

First time i've seen Connell's goal properly and it was a brilliant finish, would love to see him start tomorrow.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: Sunday, January 1, 2012, 11:28:22 »

Yesterday the fitness levels could be seen.

Even with 10 men we were still playing for a win and our legs still looked fresh.

Connell's goal a great finish and Macca's (where did he come from ?) again a neat finish past the advancing keeper.
Macca to me was MOM.

..........and then the goal celebration that keeps on making me smile. Never have I ever seen anything like that.

Thought Di Canio spoke well on the Northants Radio and my Cobblers Mates were gutted to lose in the way they did but complimented Swindon on the attitude and fitness.

As for other Cobblers and Pox fans having a go that is football and having a Manager like Paolo. If he is yours you love him and if he is against you then you loathe him. Imagine Steve Evans doing that at the CG in the last minutes then you have the answer.
Great way to start of the New Years Eve celebrations.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: Sunday, January 1, 2012, 11:34:37 »

I thought De Vita had a fine all round game. Getting his form back after Paolo sang his praises and it all went wrong Smiley
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #311 on: Sunday, January 1, 2012, 11:35:14 »

Imagine Steve Evans doing that at the CG
Christ if Evans did that it would measure 10 on the Richter Scale!
DarloSTFC

« Reply #312 on: Sunday, January 1, 2012, 11:39:50 »

If Steve Evans did that....we'd have an 'audience with Great Western Ambulance Service' on the pitch.

Cool
stfcinbmth

« Reply #313 on: Sunday, January 1, 2012, 11:54:36 »

First time i've seen Connell's goal properly and it was a brilliant finish, would love to see him start tomorrow.

That finish should give him immense confidence, hope he starts with Murray, Benson to come on for Murray at some stage
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #314 on: Sunday, January 1, 2012, 12:01:34 »

I see that the picture of Paolo on the pitch has been removed from the official site 
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 28   Go Up
Print
Jump to: