Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 36   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Colchester U v Swindon Pre Match Chat and Matchday Thread  (Read 68175 times)
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 10:18:45 »

Yes, I also fear the players might be thinking about the next game rather than focusing on this one.

Henceforth to be known as 4D Syndrome.  Wink

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 10:26:09 »

I fear we will lose this to drag everyone back down to earth after the excitement of the last 24 hours.

That's my fear too.

You'd have hoped we've learnt from the two 3-0 defeats, but the way they play doesn't suit our style at all. If we can win the midfield battle, and Grant and Doughty play like they did on Saturday, then we might nick something (plus Lyden's back).

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 10:38:58 »

That's my fear too.

You'd have hoped we've learnt from the two 3-0 defeats, but the way they play doesn't suit our style at all. If we can win the midfield battle, and Grant and Doughty play like they did on Saturday, then we might nick something (plus Lyden's back).

In the 3 seasons we've been in Div 4 our Tuesday night record is woeful, apart from 3 wins v Stevenage, who we always seem to get midweek.  It was that which derailed Flitcroft season when having got into auto contention we lost at Accy and Wycombe midweek.  This season is pretty similar, so far. However we do have a little buffer, so perhaps can just about afford bad Tuesdays at ColU and Cobblers. 

Getting a a positive result would be a strong indicator that things are improving......
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #93 on: Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 10:39:08 »

That's my fear too.

TBF I was speaking to a few TEF members in the last few weeks and all of us thought we would lose vs Crewe, then again we all thought we would lose vs Port Vale and that in both games we would be happy with a draw.

This team proved us wrong both those times, so who knows, maybe we actually are pretty good?

The years of shit we have had to endure makes us naturally more negative, "we are Swindon we always go to peices when it really matter" mentality etc, that seems to be changing thanks to Wellens.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 10:44:17 »

That's my fear too.

Hopefully the pitch suits a smooth fluid passing game and not trench warfare.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 10:45:04 »

Yes, I also fear the players might be thinking about the next game rather than focusing on this one.

Henceforth to be known as 4D Syndrome.  Wink

Fourth dimension? 
Peter Venkman

« Reply #96 on: Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 10:45:07 »

Colchester have beaten us twice so far this season, 3-0 both times.

We are poor in midweek games.

We don't have our 2 leading scorers at the club (currently).

Colchester are on an undefeated 15 game run.

In my book thats a free hit for Wellens, nothing to lose in going out there to attack them from the off.

It seems no Swindon fan is confident we can go there and actually win, so lets upset the apple cart and do it, what the fuck have we got to lose?

Nothing.

Everything to gain.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 10:55:36 »

Colchester have beaten us twice so far this season, 3-0 both times.

We are poor in midweek games.

We don't have our 2 leading scorers at the club (currently).

Colchester are on an undefeated 15 game run.

In my book thats a free hit for Wellens, nothing to lose in going out there to attack them from the off.

It seems no Swindon fan is confident we can go there and actually win, so lets upset the apple cart and do it, what the fuck have we got to lose?

Nothing.

Everything to gain.

That's a good analysis. Sometimes in football you get unlikely results...
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 11:02:06 »

Agree with all of the above - we just have to keep our feet on the ground after all the excitement. We're crap away in mid week matches and Colchester isn't a happy hunting ground. A draw would be a massive result and would keep us top when Exeter come to town.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 11:04:06 »

It seems no Swindon fan is confident we can go there and actually win, so lets upset the apple cart and do it, what the fuck have we got to lose
Speak for yourself. I expect us to win most games - doesn’t mean we do, obviously - but, come on, the standard in this league is dire and we should be looking at winning every time we play.

We are top of the league for a reason.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #100 on: Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 11:10:00 »

Speak for yourself. I expect us to win most games - doesn’t mean we do, obviously - but, come on, the standard in this league is dire and we should be looking at winning every time we play.

We are top of the league for a reason.
Yes the league is shit, but I never go into games EXPECTING to win, I always go into them HOPING we will win.

Even under PdC and Macari previously, when we are playing great football, I have never had a hubristic attitude as to us winning games with such ease.

Every time I have been confident of winning games in the past it has come back to kick me in the ass so thats not a stance that I take as a Town supporter, also its not one that I know of any other Town supporting mates taking, we aren't Man City, they have earned a right to such arrogance.

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 11:11:23 »

Yes the league is shit, but I never go into games EXPECTING to win, I always go into them HOPING we will win.

Even under PdC and Macari previously, when we are playing great football, I have never had a hubristic attitude as to us winning games with such ease.

Every time I have been confident of winning games in the past it has come back to kick me in the ass so thats not a stance that I take as a Town supporter, also its not one that I know of any other Town supporting mates taking, we aren't Man City, they have earned a right to such arrogance.

Very much this.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 11:13:00 »

nothing to lose in going out there to attack them from the off.

Nothing.

Everything to gain.
This 100% - They're there for the taking !!.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Jilted John

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 11:13:24 »

Absolutely this 100%

We're not really violent people... this is our first gun.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 11:23:43 »

That’s me told!

You lot are all Reg-lites!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 36   Go Up
Print
Jump to: