Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: On Line Poker  (Read 907 times)
yeo

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, November 8, 2006, 11:21:48 »

Has anyone everr been asked to provide copies of passport and utilty bills via a fax to confirm identy?Seems well dodgy to me and im certainly not going to do it and have asked them to refund my balance and close the account.

the site is 24 hour poker

/
W56196272
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2006, 11:23:43 »

Sounds like identity theft/fraud.

There are similar scams using Ebay/Paypal, where they ask your for confirmation of your card details and/or your username and password authentification.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2006, 11:50:35 »

give them a ring?
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2006, 12:00:43 »

you're wise not to do it... might be someone using 24-hour poker and defrauding you and them. report it to the website and then go to party poker.com...
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2006, 12:38:32 »

Quite a few sites ask for that yeah, noble poker and cd poker do, although emailing them a photo of your passport is normally ok. As long as your sure it's from the site it's no scam, they just need it to verify that you are who you say you are. 24 hour poker is a pretty big site.
Barry Scott

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2006, 13:22:36 »

I think i had to do it once, but now i use Netteller and i had to do quite alot to open that account, so presumabley that qualifies me as being legit. Who knows...
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2006, 18:19:40 »

Hmmm after kicking off and saying Im not sending them that stuff they have reactivated my account and apologised.

/
W56196272
Dazzza

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2006, 18:23:14 »

A lot of them ask for a passport number but I've never herd of them wanting a copy of a passport, although one dodgy paypal style company did once.

No idea why there's not a hope these companies have access to the UK passport database so what they're checking against is anyone’s guess.

Now that the US has threatened to jump on any of these sites being used by Yanks they’ll be bending over backwards to keep punters happy.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: