Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The holiday period  (Read 2269 times)
santini

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, January 2, 2006, 21:32:05 »

Quote from: "Batch"

... we need to unlock cureton's potential. Hence why I think loan signings will make or break us.

Today's evidence confirms that Cureton is not going to be our saviour. We need fresh blood in strikers who can actually
run
think
anticipate
stay on side
hold the ball up
pass the ball
score goals.
dogs

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, January 2, 2006, 22:12:37 »

Quote from: "rudeboydreas"
That's the beauty of it being so close, Shitty will leave us behind, but because they are beating everyone, more teams will drop into trouble.
You need to consider that teams not far away from us (like 12-20) are losing even if Shitty are winning, so one of them will fall to the foot soon enough.
We just need to keep picking up points, at least we're not losing, it's good for morale - for both the players and the non-pessimists of us fans (which are a rarity sadly)
(Just noticed post no 69 Cheesy )

That is very true as we are only 7 points away from 15th, so a lot of other teams are being dragged into it. We must pick up wins against these teams though.
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, January 2, 2006, 22:15:05 »

im happy with the christmas period, need to build on it though like you've all said!
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, January 2, 2006, 23:03:48 »

Quote from: "santini"
Quote from: "Batch"

... we need to unlock cureton's potential. Hence why I think loan signings will make or break us.

Today's evidence confirms that Cureton is not going to be our saviour. We need fresh blood in strikers who can actually
run
think
anticipate
stay on side
hold the ball up
pass the ball
score goals.

you're not asking for much then?

6 points over the christmas period will do me fine, although it is slightly irritating when you consider the fact we could have won against swansea and chesterfield which would make it 9 points out of 12. i think we'll turn a corner soon and start converting these draws into wins.
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2006, 02:37:13 »

I think that we are slightly better off than we were before Christmas even though we are further from 20th because like rudeboydreas says there are a number of teams now just above the relegation zone who aren't too far away. If you look at the form table, it looks a bit upside down with Swansea at the bottom and Bristol City at the top. http://www.soccer-stats.com/divisions/recent_form.asp?divno=3&lastgames=5

You have teams like Scunthorpe who have gone from 1st to 17th and are only 6 points ahead of us now, hopefully one of those teams will go on a bad run.
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2006, 08:55:06 »

I'm very pleased with our results over the X-mas period, after the awful Blackpool performance i only thought it could get worse Sad .But the boys proved me wrong Smiley We do need to start winning of course,but hopefully we will now feel more confident against the teams around us after the good results we've had in the last four games.

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
fatbury

« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2006, 08:58:47 »

couldve been worse .. hopefully we can cash in on the home games v Walsall and Bournemouth  ... but Gills away will be bloody hard .. they are playing well and supporters are well up for it!
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, January 3, 2006, 09:18:35 »

they are playing well and supporters are well up for it!

Sorry to sound a bit blase about their dislike for us,but i can't really understand or care about them.I feel a bit sorry for Gills fans,imagine not having a proper derby game and having to create one.The best thing we could do is ignore the silly sods and sing about how much we hate the Pox instead Smiley .

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: