Pages: 1 ... 1705 1706 1707 [1708] 1709 1710 1711 ... 3979   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 9014631 times)
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #25605 on: Monday, August 21, 2017, 11:54:39 »

But, as per usual, he's been on Match of the day so town fans will love the signing

Things get better but they never get good
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #25606 on: Monday, August 21, 2017, 12:49:58 »

http://www.thehotelend.co.uk/

He's gone to a L2 club according to this, there's just no mention of which one. They're not very complimentary of him.

Now with added Swindon:

Quote from: bungle
I'm hearing Swindon.

Quote from: memyhead
Logical. He's lives in Oxford area I believe (check with Mad Michelle for exact location!)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #25607 on: Monday, August 21, 2017, 12:51:35 »

offers little outside of a decent set piece

Like Michael Rose Sad
I wish we could have brought him on for free kicks like in USofA football
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #25608 on: Monday, August 21, 2017, 13:06:08 »

I'm not one for writing our players off early before they've even signed but Jesus Christ he sounds even fucking worse than James Dunne.
Flashheart

« Reply #25609 on: Monday, August 21, 2017, 13:48:27 »

I've never heard of the guy, had no idea he's played so many games in the Premier League. Hopefully he still has some of his mojo left. If he signs, of course.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #25610 on: Monday, August 21, 2017, 15:17:43 »

I'm not one for writing our players off early before they've even signed but Jesus Christ he sounds even fucking worse than James Dunne.

Presumably this is laced with irony. Is this the same James Dunne, signed to break up play and do the ugly stuff, who has won 2 from 3 and is unbeaten? Taylor makes sense. Known quantity, who covers two positions, who (for anyone that has ever heard him speak) would be a great influence around the place.
« Last Edit: Monday, August 21, 2017, 15:19:20 by Frigby Daser » Logged
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #25611 on: Monday, August 21, 2017, 15:29:18 »

http://www.thehotelend.co.uk/
They're not very complimentary of him.
There are a few better comments on there now, a few saying he can still play a part but not for 90 mins and not just a set piece taker.

We have little/no creativity elsewhere on the pitch I don't see how we can drop him

Would keep him as he kept us out of the relegation quagmire last season.

I would be keeping him too, and I'd probably have him the team. I do agree he is on the decline and cant do 90 mins week in week out,  but the difference with him is he knows what to do and what others need to do (granted he cant always pull it off anymore) but he is decent leader. Even hearing him 'coaching' from the bench its clear he knows his stuff.

He doesn't have the legs anymore, that's not his fault it happens to everyone. I am far from his biggest fan, but from sitting close behind the subs bench pre season he is great giving his advice and encouragement to the younger players.

Put a few quality balls in the box in the final 20 minutes and not be relied to run the length of the pitch all game.

I was a fan but he was clearly relied on far too heavily and over played last season. His set piece delivery and goals from free kicks certainly added a value. Someone will be happy to have him.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #25612 on: Monday, August 21, 2017, 15:49:57 »

There are a few better comments on there now, a few saying he can still play a part but not for 90 mins and not just a set piece taker.

As an aside I wonder what they're making of Yaser.  He's played 4 lost 4 so far  Smiley
Peter Venkman

« Reply #25613 on: Monday, August 21, 2017, 15:57:19 »

As an aside I wonder what they're making of Yaser.  He's played 4 lost 4 so far  Smiley

Kasim-Non league fodder

Kasim:    seems OK when given time but found wanting when pressurised, which he will be in this system.

OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #25614 on: Monday, August 21, 2017, 16:02:09 »

I was thinking the same. He's had quite the fall from grace...
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #25615 on: Monday, August 21, 2017, 16:07:27 »

Smiley

Not to worry he'll be off on an international break soon, which will then require rest and recuperation
bilko

Ignore
« Reply #25616 on: Monday, August 21, 2017, 16:21:39 »

On the Northampton forum they class Yaser as a non league player based on what they've seen of him so far.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #25617 on: Monday, August 21, 2017, 16:37:29 »

On the Northampton forum they class Yaser as a non league player based on what they've seen of him so far.

As PV shared with us.

Yaser really needs to be playing in a higher level team, sadly for him though the ticka tacka horse has bolted, probably only still to be found at Swansea, who at one time were rumoured to be interested.

Instead Swansea shipped a good few million on Roque Mesa, who is a marvellous two fingered salute to the preceived Prem norm of stack your midfield full of 6 foot + sub-Saharans by way of France, and let them play roller ball.

Roque is about 5 foot wears his shorts Steve White stylee and wanders about receiving passes from the back 4 and keeper, then does little give and goes. Las Palmas were great to watch with him, but very easy to beat.  The hugely underrated Leon Britton, would be the Swansea trade mark.

Roque has made one start at the Vetch, they lost 0-4.

Our little experiment with sexy football was fun while it lasted... and I do wonder if some might start to pine for a bit of 2 season's back Yaser.
« Last Edit: Monday, August 21, 2017, 16:43:25 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
Peter Venkman

« Reply #25618 on: Monday, August 21, 2017, 16:45:40 »

Unfortunately Yaser could have been a true class act if he was less petulant and full of his own self importance while away with Iraq, something that can be levelled at a lot of overseas footballers who play for smaller footballing nations.

Yes he has lots of skill at times but often looks lost and drifts out of games when his head drops if he misplaces a pass.

His style, as Reg says, does not suit lower league football, his ship has well and truly sailed. He was a passenger for us in half his games last season if not more.

corner

Ignore
« Reply #25619 on: Monday, August 21, 2017, 16:47:42 »

FOOTBALL : BREAKING 10 days to the transfer deadline, @Official_STFC sign midfielder Matt Taylor from Northampton #stfc
Pages: 1 ... 1705 1706 1707 [1708] 1709 1710 1711 ... 3979   Go Up
Print
Jump to: