Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: England vs Shevchenko Official Matchday thread  (Read 77548 times)
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Tuesday, June 19, 2012, 22:13:23 »

Only saw the second half tonight, but sounds like I didn't miss much.

Got to give Gerrard credit, 3 assists in 3 games now isn't it? Agree that Cole was unlucky with his chance - it was a good save and I thought it was in. As for their goal that wasn't, they may feel hard done by but we've been on the other end of it. And there was an offside in the build up anyway.

Definitely looking forward to the Italy game. Think it's 15 years since we last played them in a competitive game? That qualifier where Wright hit the post on an open goal...
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Tuesday, June 19, 2012, 22:19:03 »

You probably are, but I thought he done well tonight

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Tuesday, June 19, 2012, 22:23:52 »

Its nice to see England playing as a team instead of as individuals, it was nice to see rooney get on the scoresheet, hopefully that'll give him a boost for the next game, there is still room for improvement we can't keep giving the ball away as easily as we did, we'll get punished by better teams. Cole was unlucky with his chance. Terry can't stand the bloke but fair play to him he worked his nuts off.

I'm looking forward to the Italy game on Sunday.

It was nice that he scored, because that's why we won.
But, he had 3 chances that I would have scored, and the one he actually scored could have been scored by my grandmother (and she's dead)
Trouble is, that means he'll get picked on Sunday, and he is the most over rated player I can remember
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Tuesday, June 19, 2012, 22:28:46 »

But, he had 3 chances that I would have scored, and the one he actually scored could have been scored by my grandmother (and she's dead)
Trouble is, that means he'll get picked on Sunday, and he is the most over rated player I can remember

Why do I bite?

Bollocks!
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Tuesday, June 19, 2012, 22:32:14 »

Your wasted being on here when you should be abroad scoring goals for the national team. Smiley

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Tuesday, June 19, 2012, 22:33:44 »

Now you've made me bite............

Apart from a great Euro 2004, and a single overhead kick............what the fuck has he ever done apart from flatter ??

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Tuesday, June 19, 2012, 22:35:01 »

Now you've made me bite............

Apart from a great Euro 2004, and a single overhead kick............what the fuck has he ever done apart from flatter ??

Fair comment
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Tuesday, June 19, 2012, 22:38:27 »

Nothing, absolutely nothing. Fergie just whispered in my ear.

If you can't see son, give up watching football.

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Tuesday, June 19, 2012, 22:41:50 »

You're right, missing open goals and giving the ball away about 50% of the time should be given more credit.

Maybe if I read the Sun more often, I would understand
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Tuesday, June 19, 2012, 22:43:30 »

You're right, missing open goals and giving the ball away about 50% of the time should be given more credit.

I bet you were among the fans that booed when Connell was substituted too weren't you Wink
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Tuesday, June 19, 2012, 22:45:02 »

To be honest mate, I think you read The Sun far to much as it is!

They like to pat themselves on the back too.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Tuesday, June 19, 2012, 22:51:51 »

Rooney Did come across as a bit rusty tonight with a few wayward passes but did what he was put in the side for and scored a winning goal. Saying you or your grandmother would of scored doesnt help in your assesment of Rooney though.

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Tuesday, June 19, 2012, 23:04:33 »

You don't know my Grandmother (she's not dead by the way, just put that in there to make a point - sorry gran), I honestly belive she would have got atleast two of his gult edged headed chances.

Andy Carroll would of had a hat trick given those chances.

I was impressed with the team performance tonight - more so than most people, but Rooney was distinctly average.

The longer people keep making excuses for him, the longer we will be treated to his "potential"

Believe me, i would love to be proved wrong - I am England through and through, and used to be a massive Rooney fan but he's done fuck all for ages and we have better tallent sitting on the bench waiting for him to "reach his potential"

Please respond with the usual abuse
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Tuesday, June 19, 2012, 23:10:56 »

Rooney was average or worse, but since it was his first game for 5 weeks I think you have to make some allowances.

Gerrard is really turning in some consistently high performances. He gave the ball away quite a few times against France, though still played well. I didn't see the Sweden game apart from some highlights but was told he was good in that too, and tonight again he was superb. Parker of course is the disciplined partner who allows him to roam about the pitch.

I also think Ashley Cole has been very good. Defends our left solidly and gets forward to good effect.

If somebody on the right and a striker can hit consistent form we could go a fair bit further.
Spud

« Reply #89 on: Tuesday, June 19, 2012, 23:12:59 »

I thought Ashley Cole did well tonight, but his first two performances were below par for his usual high standards IMO.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: