Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Wilson Hokey Cokey  (Read 31565 times)
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Sunday, January 9, 2011, 16:19:12 »

Who would you replace him with?

It is interesting that, statistically over the last 5 years, less than 50% of English league clubs who sack their manager between December and January (i.e. When there is time enough to make a difference) finish the season in a better position than they were in when they sacked him.

So for over 50% of the clubs it does make a difference, hence statistically we'd be better of we sack Wilson now.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Sunday, January 9, 2011, 16:26:00 »

More than half the clubs finished in either the same position, or lower.

Who would you replace him with?
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Sunday, January 9, 2011, 16:31:18 »

Whoops, read that the other way round.

I wouldn't get rid of him unless there was a decent manager with a history of getting clubs like ours promoted to the Championship (or beyond) lined up to replace him. Whilst there is normally a good supply of such managers looking for work I'm not sure Fitton would want to pay the salaries they command.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Monday, January 10, 2011, 07:05:22 »

Odd that all the mouthy fuckers slagging off those who'd run out of patience with Wilson for only being online after a defeat, and having nothing to say when we'd won, are themselves nowhere to be seen this evening.

Hey Mr Hertha Pot, let me introduce you to Mr Kettle............

I'm sorry, I haven't been around the last few days, too busy enjoying myself.

We lost away at Oldham, big fucking deal. I still think there are posters on here who get off on moaning and who never post anything positive.

Why that's upset you so much, I don't know and tbh I don't give a shit.

It's All Good..............
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Monday, January 10, 2011, 10:48:05 »

I expected us to take a maximum of 3 points from the last two games. We got 3 points.

We now have Yeovil, Rovers, Tranmere and Exeter. THESE are the games we need to be winning.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Monday, January 10, 2011, 11:12:21 »

These next 4 games will define our season.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Monday, January 10, 2011, 11:14:40 »

These next 4 games will define our season.
#

Between midtable safety or shitting ourselves......

Clems Army!
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Monday, January 10, 2011, 11:18:33 »

#

Between midtable safety or shitting ourselves......

I'll take the former please.
Spencer_White

« Reply #248 on: Monday, January 10, 2011, 12:07:07 »

Even as a rock solid Wilson supporter, I think that next saturdays home game against Yeovil is vital, and a 100% must win game for all the playing staff.

Must win, no excuses. Its going to cause serious long term to the club damage if we dont draw a line in the sand now and get some results.

Orient at home was the vital must win game if we wanted to get in the play offs, and we failed. Yeovil this saturday is the must win game if we dont want to be fighting relegation for the rest of the season.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Monday, January 10, 2011, 12:10:40 »

I agree with Nick Spencer.
blah blah

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Monday, January 10, 2011, 12:13:35 »

Even as a rock solid Wilson supporter, I think that next saturdays home game against Yeovil is vital, and a 100% must win game for all the playing staff.

Must win, no excuses. Its going to cause serious long term to the club damage if we dont draw a line in the sand now and get some results.

Orient at home was the vital must win game if we wanted to get in the play offs, and we failed. Yeovil this saturday is the must win game if we dont want to be fighting relegation for the rest of the season.

Dont understand this - you are saying we have no chance of the POs, yet we could still be relegated. Yet we are 5 points from the relegation zone & 5 points from the POs.

Yes there are more teams between us & 6th than there are between us and 20th, but 2 or 3 wins from the next 4 games will be just as great as 2 or 3 defeats will be disastourous
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Monday, January 10, 2011, 12:17:27 »

Dont understand this - you are saying we have no chance of the POs, yet we could still be relegated. Yet we are 5 points from the relegation zone & 5 points from the POs.

Yes there are more teams between us & 6th than there are between us and 20th, but 2 or 3 wins from the next 4 games will be just as great as 2 or 3 defeats will be disastourous

Bam.

jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #252 on: Monday, January 10, 2011, 12:21:48 »

We look infinitely more likey to produce 2 or 3 defeats rather than 2 or 3 wins though don't we?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Monday, January 10, 2011, 12:22:57 »

But all the teams below us have games in hand on us, therefore it's more likely that the gap between us and the relegation mire will be narrowed once those games are played. Currently we're potentially in an artificially higher league position than we actually will be. Erm, you know what I mean.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Monday, January 10, 2011, 12:28:18 »

We look infinitely more likey to produce 2 or 3 defeats rather than 2 or 3 wins though don't we?
We'll produce 2 wins and 2 defeats, the way we've been going this season. I forgot we've played a game more - 2 in Orients case - than those below. Bums are going to get squeaky.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: