Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: England vs New Zealand  (Read 4148 times)
DMR

« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, January 23, 2007, 20:37:38 »

We've just got to bite the bullet on the keeping front.

Read- not enough with the bat at first class level, never mind international. Best keeper though.
Jones- probably the classiest batsman but been poor for 2 years, better gloveman than Prior.
Prior- at best, a decent county keeper. For me the best batsman here but has had chances in ODI's and been utterly out of his depth.
Foster- like Read, has improved but for me he's a prior; still not good enough in either discipline.
Davies- too young to go with, keeping the worst of the 5 and still learning his batting art.

For me, Read is the best of a poor bunch. If you wantg a genuine batsman play Batty.
DMR

« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, January 23, 2007, 20:38:12 »

We've just got to bite the bullet on the keeping front.

Read- not enough with the bat at first class level, never mind international. Best keeper though.
Jones- probably the classiest batsman but been poor for 2 years, better gloveman than Prior.
Prior- at best, a decent county keeper. For me the best batsman here but has had chances in ODI's and been utterly out of his depth.
Foster- like Read, has improved but for me he's a prior; still not good enough in either discipline.
Davies- too young to go with, keeping the worst of the 5 and still learning his batting art.

For me, Read is the best of a poor bunch. If you wantg a genuine batsman play Batty.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, January 24, 2007, 00:28:29 »

dave does the best parrot impressions.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: