Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: CCTV  (Read 2943 times)
Chubbs

Ignore
« on: Friday, February 22, 2013, 18:19:32 »

Anyone got any experience in this field.

Looking for something thing to keep an eye out for yoofs trying to mess with my car. The options are an in car camera or a wall mounted CCTV camera.

Does anyone have either or can recommend anything? Nothing that breaks the bank. :-)

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #1 on: Friday, February 22, 2013, 18:20:27 »

Damn I thought this might be a thread about Coventry City TV showing our game live next week Wink

Sorry Chubbs.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, February 22, 2013, 18:22:43 »

I was hoping this was the CCTV footage of Paolo "breaking" into his office.
kerry red

« Reply #3 on: Friday, February 22, 2013, 18:28:14 »

I'd suggest a thermos of hot, black coffee and a baseball bat (preferably impregnated with nails).

Batter the fuckers!
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, February 22, 2013, 18:33:28 »

I'd suggest a thermos of hot, black coffee and a baseball bat (preferably impregnated with nails).

Batter the fuckers!

I'd rather be sleeping, but i could be tempted to get the rocking chair out, but i dont have a porch :-(
Farmboy

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, February 22, 2013, 18:36:58 »

It all depends what you want to do with the footage you'll record from the system. If you want to prosecute you will need a professional system (£500ish for a 1 camera system). If it is just for you to keep an eye on things, go to maplins and buy one of their systems (£150-300 2-4 camera kit)
Not knowing where you live, be careful of putting lots of cameras around your house, otherwise you'll look like a drug dealer, and you WILL get broken into, or police knocking on your door!

Follow my ramblings @farmboyjon
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, February 22, 2013, 18:55:04 »

Anyone got any experience in this field.

Looking for something thing to keep an eye out for yoofs trying to mess with my car. The options are an in car camera or a wall mounted CCTV camera.

Does anyone have either or can recommend anything? Nothing that breaks the bank. :-)

Installed a few systems including my own - CCTV over the iPhone and iPad - Maplins do some good deals or I can point you to a more expensive option if you want HD.

Do you park it outside your house? I would try installing a dummy camera first to see if that deters them - if not go for a live camera...

http://www.maplin.co.uk/diy-anti-theft-kit-dummy-cctv-kit-224903

http://www.maplin.co.uk/500gb-8ch-network-security-system-and-smartphone-viewing-and-4-x-480tvl-cameras-589999
« Last Edit: Friday, February 22, 2013, 19:04:28 by @MacPhlea » Logged
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, February 22, 2013, 19:02:29 »

Installed a few systems including my own - CCTV over the iPhone and iPad - Maplins do some good deals or I can point you to a more expensive option if you want HD
Just after a basic set up really, will not need to cover a distance of more gthan 10 meters, Night vision would be a must. It will just be the 1 camera. if you could recommend a good starter kit that would be great.
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, February 22, 2013, 19:06:32 »

Just after a basic set up really, will not need to cover a distance of more gthan 10 meters, Night vision would be a must. It will just be the 1 camera. if you could recommend a good starter kit that would be great.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/500gb-8ch-network-security-system-and-smartphone-viewing-and-4-x-480tvl-cameras-589999

it's got 4 cameras but is a good system - installed on for my sister-in-law when she had the same problem... soon put a stop to it

2 camera system

http://www.maplin.co.uk/500gb-2-camera-4-channel-cctv-system-with-internet-and-smartphone-viewing-636713

or a very basic single camera system... you have difficulty identifying anyone on this though

http://www.maplin.co.uk/b-grade-wired-colour-cctv-sd-dvr-recording-kit-684045
« Last Edit: Friday, February 22, 2013, 19:10:36 by @MacPhlea » Logged
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, February 22, 2013, 19:08:55 »

Cool, only really need 1 camera, 2 at a push, but will have a look. cheers
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Friday, February 22, 2013, 19:12:15 »

I use my Synology box for surveillance - you just need the camera, everything else is built in. The mobile apps are pretty good, for remote viewing and notifications. Only downside is it only comes with a license for one camera and you have to pay for extra licenses if you want more. Not much use if you don't have a Synology box but another good reason for getting one.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: