Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Doncaster Rovers vSwindon Town Matchday Thread  (Read 32579 times)
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Tuesday, September 29, 2015, 21:14:05 »

But wasn't he 'recalled' not 'sent back'? And how could it not have been made public?

Recalled or sent back, doesn't really matter if he's now returned.  All seems a bit kneejerk (don't know whether it was from Liverpool or us or both) and I can't imagine it's done much to help settlement within the team.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Tuesday, September 29, 2015, 21:14:53 »

Our defence is truly awful- was leaky last year but 17 conceded in 10 games is dire and only beaten by Crewe on 18
Jesus
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Tuesday, September 29, 2015, 21:16:52 »

Jesus

What's your point, shock in the goals conceded, or disagreement with the quote?
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Tuesday, September 29, 2015, 21:18:26 »

Or supreme belief in our life and saviour, Jesus navas?

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Tuesday, September 29, 2015, 21:19:07 »

Recalled or sent back, doesn't really matter if he's now returned.  All seems a bit kneejerk (don't know whether it was from Liverpool or us or both) and I can't imagine it's done much to help settlement within the team.

I get where you are coming from. I guess it may have been reported as "recalled" rather than "stropped off/gone back for a bollocking". T'was a bit odd because the "recall" doesn't seem to fit the crime. Possibly there was more to it than was made public..

Either way they can hopefully draw a line under it and move on.
Red and Proud

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Tuesday, September 29, 2015, 21:22:18 »

Re Viggs, i think he would have been recalled by Liverpool after a full consultation with Swindon over the incident and his overall attitude. Then he was probably read the riot act by their management. Town & Liverpool have an excellent working relationship and will have a similar disciplinary structure/regime as us. Both clubs benefit from this relationship and a player of Viggs standing would not be allowed to piss us or them about. He would have been told to buck his ideas up fuck off back to Swindon, apologise and prove your worth to Swindon and Liverpool.  
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Tuesday, September 29, 2015, 21:23:21 »

The former. I know we struggle at the back, but put in that context it really is a disgraceful record.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Tuesday, September 29, 2015, 21:24:56 »

For the record, I don't think we should get rid of cooper.

It would be nice to sort out 6 months of the same rubbish defending though.

Cooper not happy with TEF
Is this not the main reason for change? He has had 6 months to sort the defence. Nothing has changed since last season
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Tuesday, September 29, 2015, 21:34:33 »

Is this not the main reason for change? He has had 6 months to sort the defence. Nothing has changed since last season

Well ordinarily I could see it would be a valid argument.

[conspiracy]
Under this new model something doesn't sit right, I'm not sure Cooper has the traditional managers role. Too many stories about interference, others dictating how we play, Cooper seeming to want out, etc. Plus something a former print media man said about not blaming Cooper for defence/conflicting reports about who chooses who plays where.

The other day I read someone post on here something along the lines of us only being interested in developing attacking players, as they command bigger fees. I laughed at it, only the more I think about it...
[/conspiracy]

So I guess if Cooper has carte blanche in team matters then his methods and inability to address our defending are very much in the spotlight over the next month or two.

If he doesn't then...
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Tuesday, September 29, 2015, 21:54:31 »

League 1 attendances seem desperately low tonight.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Tuesday, September 29, 2015, 22:04:08 »

We didn't lose thank fuck...

Clems Army!
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Tuesday, September 29, 2015, 22:06:44 »

Well ordinarily I could see it would be a valid argument.

[conspiracy]
Under this new model something doesn't sit right, I'm not sure Cooper has the traditional managers role. Too many stories about interference, others dictating how we play, Cooper seeming to want out, etc. Plus something a former print media man said about not blaming Cooper for defence/conflicting reports about who chooses who plays where.

The other day I read someone post on here something along the lines of us only being interested in developing attacking players, as they command bigger fees. I laughed at it, only the more I think about it...
[/conspiracy]

So I guess if Cooper has carte blanche in team matters then his methods and inability to address our defending are very much in the spotlight over the next month or two.

If he doesn't then...

A fair point perhaps. I have heard many stories as well. It comes down to someone though, be it Williams (conspiracy) or Cooper. If this is powers shop window for young saleable assets it only works half a half successful team. I even heard cooper got a job at a championship side last season. Who to believe!
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Tuesday, September 29, 2015, 22:18:27 »

I think if your model is to develop players and sell them, there can't be any doubt attacking players will be the premium assets. 

I guess it depends on your outlook / how well we're doing / how optimistic you are, but I see the STFC set up as more of a system (several parties that interact) rather than your straightforward manager, owner hierarchy. To me, getting rid of cooper would just be removing a cog from the machine rather than actually fixing anything.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Skinny Pete

« Reply #208 on: Wednesday, September 30, 2015, 03:09:25 »

Cooper on Ajose:

'We know if we play him in the right position he will score goals'.

Here's a thought, Mark - play him in the right fucking position, then!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Wednesday, September 30, 2015, 06:30:31 »

To me, getting rid of cooper would just be removing a cog from the machine rather than actually fixing anything.

Well put.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: