Pages: 1 ... 1974 1975 1976 [1977] 1978 1979 1980 ... 3981   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 9104792 times)
Townend80

Ignore
« Reply #29640 on: Thursday, January 24, 2019, 16:30:35 »

Apparently this wild card could be in for sat? 
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #29641 on: Thursday, January 24, 2019, 16:30:42 »

Sid is a decent defender with plenty of promise and it would be good if Town got their man but I don't think he's worth stressing over too much.

Don't think stressing over is the right term, from my POV but I think we can all agree that Sid is a better (slightly nuts) defender than Woolf. A CB of Sid and Broadbean could quite be a CB pairing to be feared in not only L2 but also L1. Sid's never say die, old fashioned, Butcher, Adams, Taylor style is welcomed in a game that continually shirks away from putting a body on the line. Coupled with Broadbent who seems to have slotted in nicely, capable of a good seeking pass and gets forward. As well as looking like a Flint type, that may get us a few goals.

If we're developing for an outside chance of promotion and/or a challenge for it next season then I'd say Sid would be a great fit for this. Who knows, by then his experience may have him naturally ready for Championship football. Clearly at 19 it was far too early/overwhelming for him.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
HorlocksLegs

Ignore
« Reply #29642 on: Thursday, January 24, 2019, 16:41:27 »

The club got this out quite fast today.  https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2019/january/wellens-pressing-is-our-most-important-feature/
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #29643 on: Thursday, January 24, 2019, 17:14:46 »

Quote from: horlock07
[So who to believe?

I'm going to edge towards Wellens on this one
sir windon

Ignore
« Reply #29644 on: Thursday, January 24, 2019, 17:23:28 »

As I said, I can still see us getting Nelson.  Cheesy

I see Nelson as a future club captain and look forward, one day,  to his words of wisdom in the match day programme......'Nelson's Column'.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #29645 on: Thursday, January 24, 2019, 17:24:25 »

One more in before the weekend... I'm going to call it as Mark Marshall, based on nothing.
I will call it as Connor Ronan from Wolves as they are looking to send him out on loan for more game time than he got at Walsall, can play on both wings, attacking midfield and striker and sounds like the kind of attacking "wildcard" that Wellens is after.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
digby

Ignore
« Reply #29646 on: Thursday, January 24, 2019, 17:54:01 »

I see Nelson as a future club captain and look forward, one day,  to his words of wisdom in the match day programme......'Nelson's Column'.

Cheesy  Clap Cheesy
Sir red ken

« Reply #29647 on: Friday, January 25, 2019, 08:23:08 »

Fulham are confident of offloading Aboubakar Kamara before the close of the transfer window.

He's got the right surname to be playing for STFC.
Townend80

Ignore
« Reply #29648 on: Friday, January 25, 2019, 09:26:05 »

I will call it as Connor Ronan from Wolves as they are looking to send him out on loan for more game time than he got at Walsall, can play on both wings, attacking midfield and striker and sounds like the kind of attacking "wildcard" that Wellens is after.

Ticktock, needs to be completed by 12 for 'wildcard' to be signed up and able to play. No BBC understands as yet, we might have to wait a week to see him.
« Last Edit: Friday, January 25, 2019, 09:33:25 by Townend80 » Logged
Panda Paws

« Reply #29649 on: Friday, January 25, 2019, 09:55:01 »

Ronan would go against what I think Wellens has been talking about unless it's with a view to a permanent move. We'll see I guess.

Marshall is out of contract in the summer, so would make sense for him to look to get out now if he's not involved. I'd have thought there'd be a lot of L1 competition for him though.
Townend80

Ignore
« Reply #29650 on: Friday, January 25, 2019, 09:58:33 »

Can't see it being Ronan he's a CM
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #29651 on: Friday, January 25, 2019, 10:01:50 »

Ticktock, needs to be completed by 12 for 'wildcard' to be signed up and able to play. No BBC understands as yet, we might have to wait a week to see him.

He could have already signed, just hasn't been announced.

The kid we signed from Southend was only announced yesterday but was training with us on Tuesday, I think Wellens had said?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #29652 on: Friday, January 25, 2019, 10:08:08 »

Can't see it being Ronan he's a CM
Wolves forum has him also playing either wing and as a striker for their U23's last season. A utility player.

Ronan would go against what I think Wellens has been talking about unless it's with a view to a permanent move. We'll see I guess.
Wellens hinted in his interview that the attacking wildcard would be a loan.

Marshall is out of contract in the summer, so would make sense for him to look to get out now if he's not involved. I'd have thought there'd be a lot of L1 competition for him though.
Marshall has been on the bench for most games this seaosn and has actually played in 16 matches.

Whichever way it is I am confident that Wellens will get the right man he is after even if its neither of the 2 mentioned.
« Last Edit: Friday, January 25, 2019, 10:27:34 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #29653 on: Friday, January 25, 2019, 12:49:42 »

He could have already signed, just hasn't been announced.

The kid we signed from Southend was only announced yesterday but was training with us on Tuesday, I think Wellens had said?

Just shows the communication issues at stfc in not announcing him until the managers presser
Flashheart

« Reply #29654 on: Friday, January 25, 2019, 12:57:38 »

Just shows the communication issues at stfc in not announcing him until the managers presser

No, it doesn't. That is really scraping the barrel.
Pages: 1 ... 1974 1975 1976 [1977] 1978 1979 1980 ... 3981   Go Up
Print
Jump to: