Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wombles away  (Read 25057 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Saturday, October 15, 2016, 17:34:03 »

Probably the weakest defence I have ever seen Swindon put out, going to be a long afternoon.

The worst has to be the 3 man defence of Viveash, Reeves and Heywood away at Chesterfield.
ferret

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Saturday, October 15, 2016, 17:41:00 »

My favourite Womble is Great Uncle Bulgaria. 

Today is a horrible game. Defeat leaves us in the same position as v Millwall last season. Then as now, we could barely field a viable XI, nevertheless Cooper was sacked.

Think most punters will have this down as a banker home win..... if by some good fortune we don't lose by a few, then it might be regarded as OK, actually getting something would be a major achievement.

Sounds like either we were unbelievably fortunate, or you were talking bullshit. Let's not speculate.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Saturday, October 15, 2016, 17:46:17 »

On the open terrace?

I heard that people up by the dug out spent the entire game abusing Embleton and Williams.

I was to the left of the dugout (I could barely see the pitch) and yes, a number of 'fans' gave Embleton pelters, questioning what he was paid for. Unfortunately Ross gave him the time of day which is a recipe for disaster. A handful of fans booed at the end and he gave them a sarcastic shake of the head. It was nothing really but bearing in mind it's quite a good point the abuse was pretty unwarranted.

However, our set pieces continue to wind the fuck out of me, consistently awful.

2 pretty poor sides today, neither side created much. A point fair and a clean sheet handy. Nobody stood out although I personally was disappointed in the effort by Kasim and I thought Goddard was anonymous in the second half.

The lack of confidence is clear as nobody want to shoot!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Saturday, October 15, 2016, 18:01:51 »

Personal attacks on staff is sad. Wrong.

BUT it is happening for a reason. That reason is because the fans are not galvanised....the results are shit....the football is shit (unless you like a dominating loss).... The model has stopped working and is broken, that's shit.....the communication between fans and club is shit...AND the relationship between factions of the fans is shit.

It is awful at the minute.

That today was a good result in my eyes and saving a pen felt like a goal.

Clems Army!
Panda Paws

« Reply #94 on: Saturday, October 15, 2016, 18:27:02 »

Not read back. Home from footy by 6 is great. Good point. Good day. Can imagine those who were crying for 451 and a boring 0-0 are delighted.

Thomas, Thompson excellent. Norris far more effective than Delf.

A significant proportion of our fans, unfortunately, proved themselves to be brain dead. I was on the receiving end of some verbals from a group of old knob heads who thought it best to abuse our own manager, owner, players and fans who disagreed from minute 1, and slag me off because they "didn't recognise me and I wasn't wearing colours". Heard a few fans on the way out say they were ashamed of our fans today and I agree. I had a neutral with me and he was appalled at the consistent and unwavering negativity.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Saturday, October 15, 2016, 18:34:17 »

When I heard the group to the left of me start the Martin Aldridge song I knew I was in for an afternoon of braindeadery. And so it proved with the consistent slagging of Williams and Embleton.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Saturday, October 15, 2016, 18:38:14 »

Not read back. Home from footy by 6 is great. Good point. Good day. Can imagine those who were crying for 451 and a boring 0-0 are delighted.

Thomas, Thompson excellent. Norris far more effective than Delf.

A significant proportion of our fans, unfortunately, proved themselves to be brain dead. I was on the receiving end of some verbals from a group of old knob heads who thought it best to abuse our own manager, owner, players and fans who disagreed from minute 1, and slag me off because they "didn't recognise me and I wasn't wearing colours". Heard a few fans on the way out say they were ashamed of our fans today and I agree. I had a neutral with me and he was appalled at the consistent and unwavering negativity.

Unfortunately the rift between club and fans is going to be difficult to fix.

Power was alright as long as results held up, but was always going to be in trouble when as now results and performances are indifferent to poor.

A few points at the CG will help.... without this it will get worse before it gets better.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Saturday, October 15, 2016, 18:45:33 »

Sounds like either we were unbelievably fortunate, or you were talking bullshit. Let's not speculate.

Nah. Great Uncle Bulgaria is my favourite Womble...

Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Saturday, October 15, 2016, 19:06:25 »

I don't agree with Reg's pessimism generally, or the weird logic it often entails, but I really don't think anyone who has seen us play lately (or looked at the league table), then thought "we might lose today" was talking completely out of their arse.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Saturday, October 15, 2016, 19:09:12 »

Unfortunately the rift between club and fans is going to be difficult to fix.

Power was alright as long as results held up, but was always going to be in trouble when as now results and performances are indifferent to poor.

A few points at the CG will help.... without this it will get worse before it gets better.

Nailed it.

We are not Millwall with a consistent following of mongs.

This shit is happening for a reason.

If we get beat on Tuesday it will just get worse.

Patience is wearing thin if not gone in some quarters.

Clems Army!
ferret

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Saturday, October 15, 2016, 19:11:41 »

I don't agree with Reg's pessimism generally, or the weird logic it often entails, but I really don't think anyone who has seen us play lately (or looked at the league table), then thought "we might lose today" was talking completely out of their arse.

Thinking we might lose is one thing yeah, but assuming we will lose by a few goals is another. There's nothing to suggest that the team will lose by a few goals; it hasn't done so for months. Bizarre.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Saturday, October 15, 2016, 19:15:33 »

Thinking we might lose is one thing yeah, but assuming we will lose by a few goals is another. There's nothing to suggest that the team will lose by a few goals; it hasn't done so for months. Bizarre.

The game against Bolton was only 1-0 because Vigs played a blinder and they were really shite. Sooner or later if we keep making mistakes at the back in the way we have been doing we are going to get battered.

By the way I'm considered a rose tinter. I am not despondent over this season.
« Last Edit: Saturday, October 15, 2016, 19:19:31 by Ells » Logged

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Saturday, October 15, 2016, 19:38:16 »

there was lots to suggest that the team are capable of being hammered. mainly by how easy even mediocre teams carve is open at the county ground, couple with a patchwork defense

LW did the right thing and a good job steadying it up with a change to the system. But you couldn't have predicted he would do that after his 'its not the system' and some drivel about 'dominating the ball' list week.
Flashheart

« Reply #103 on: Saturday, October 15, 2016, 19:47:46 »

Just got back in. It was a strange night. You don't notice it a first but when it is pointed out to you, it's rather profound that EVERYBODY is wearing black. It's also the first time I've not been able to find a place open for late night boozing.

Anyway.

I hope that the game gave us reasons to have confidence in the manager?!.........
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Saturday, October 15, 2016, 19:50:49 »

Over the course of the last 11 away games we've conceded 21 including 6 at Scunny. We've won once.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: