Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Warnock sacked tonite  (Read 8011 times)
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Sunday, January 8, 2012, 20:48:33 »

I'd cry if Paolo left.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #31 on: Sunday, January 8, 2012, 20:50:00 »

Zero chance that any club will take a risk on PdC currently, well not one vying for their lives in the Premier League anyway.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
König

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Sunday, January 8, 2012, 20:51:46 »

plus Paolo has got a unique opportunity here to completely rebuild a club from the bottom and make us something great, if he went to QPR now, or anywhere else, he'd be left with all their players who might not buy into his ethos. I think he'll be here for a good few years.
DMR

« Reply #33 on: Sunday, January 8, 2012, 20:53:51 »

The new owner at QPR is a West Ham fan. He tried to buy them twice in recent years.

He might want PdC as manager, but I don't think Paolo will be interested as he'll think it's too early for him. He wants to manage in the lower leagues first to learn his trade. One think I do know that there is a large compensation fee in PdC's contract, which Wray put in, in case there was an approach from another club.

You don't think he'd be interested? In a London based Premier League team? With money to spend?

You sir are an idiot.
Dozno9

« Reply #34 on: Sunday, January 8, 2012, 20:53:58 »

Now, I may be naive but I belive that PdC has an affiliation with us over and above his contract size. Looking at the way he talks and treats his players he'd be pretty two faced to turn his back after 6 months in charge and I don't believe he's that kind of man.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Sunday, January 8, 2012, 20:56:25 »

Now, I may be naive but I belive that PdC has an affiliation with us over and above his contract size. Looking at the way he talks and treats his players he'd be pretty two faced to turn his back after 6 months in charge and I don't believe he's that kind of man.
I agree completely.
DMR

« Reply #36 on: Sunday, January 8, 2012, 20:56:40 »

You are naive.

You hear the same rhetoric in football all the time, it's hardly unique to PDC.
phelpsieboy

« Reply #37 on: Sunday, January 8, 2012, 20:58:11 »

Well QPR have already employed one "De" Canio :p

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Sunday, January 8, 2012, 21:00:26 »

You don't think he'd be interested? In a London based Premier League team? With money to spend?

You sir are an idiot.

He comes across as loyal. If he did leave he would go from hero to zero and it would surprise me. He does appear different to the norm in that he is focussed on doing a job here and seeing it through.
The emotion of the man and the work he puts in tells me alot about the guy. His commitment i think is the biggest of his qualities
Dozno9

« Reply #39 on: Sunday, January 8, 2012, 21:01:42 »

You are naive.

You hear the same rhetoric in football all the time, it's hardly unique to PDC.

I do believe that there is something different in him than in others.
DMR

« Reply #40 on: Sunday, January 8, 2012, 21:03:07 »

If he's still here in 2 years having taking us up then you make a valid point.

How anyone can praise someones loyalty after 20 odd games is frankly astonishing. What's he proved? It's just words that you hear from any new manager.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Sunday, January 8, 2012, 21:03:47 »

You sir are an idiot.

No need to get personal.

I think PdC wants to finish the job he started here.

Anyway, would you want to work with Joey Barton?!!

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Barry Scott

« Reply #42 on: Sunday, January 8, 2012, 21:05:59 »

Di Canio vs Barton would be nice. Forgetting Di Canio vs the never lazy Taarabt.
fatbasher

« Reply #43 on: Sunday, January 8, 2012, 21:09:13 »

Paolo, it's Paolo is more than a big fish in a small pond. He is in fact a sperm whale in coate water, except that Coate Water is a fresh water lake, however, mere details you know what I mean.

Why tarnish your fledgling and growing reputation by taking on a job in a club that will as likely as not be relegated and owned by a megalomaniac? He'll keep his powder dry and either take us all the way to at least the Championship building an empire around him where to be fair in that instance he'll be a demi god or he'll leave and get a top premier job when the timing's right and it won't be in the next few years the mans a great strategist and thinker.

He could if he has the patience and the board the balls & money be a premiership manager with us in the fullness of time and in that capacity he would be to us what Sir Alex is to Man utd.  
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Sunday, January 8, 2012, 21:20:27 »

I would never write off any manager ditching us at the first opportunity, especially to the top flight.

Do I think PDC is ready for Premier League management? Of course not.

Do I think PDC would be interested if a team like QPR made an approach? Definitely.

We're a nice starting point for PDC. At Swindon he can make mistakes and won't be in the spotlight all the time (at the the moment the media come and then go quite quickly).
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: