Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Beckham  (Read 7726 times)
Rich Pullen

« Reply #60 on: Friday, January 12, 2007, 14:10:02 »

Quote from: "stfcfan"
Not sure if this is true or not but apparently there was a wage cap before Becks arrived in MLS but they abandoned it for him....

Yep it's called The Designated Player Rule, aka the Beckham Rule.

It's a bit like the marquee player system in Austrailia.

The rule allows each of the MLS teams to sign one player that would be considered outside of the clubs salary cap.
red macca

« Reply #61 on: Friday, January 12, 2007, 15:21:40 »

Quote from: "Summerof69"
If Beckham says it's not for the money, then he can surely donate a days salary from his new contract to each of the 150 Supporters Trusts.

They all could do with £70k...and they would use it by helping save their clubs.

Personally, it is disgusting him getting paid as much, when there are clubs on the breadline, and it's thanks to Premiership players like him, that they are.
You cant blame him for that though can you,Mel gibson can earn £40 million for doing just one film and no one will cause a fuss then will they
flammableBen

« Reply #62 on: Friday, January 12, 2007, 16:07:37 »

I do. Mel Gibson's a drunken anti-Semitic twat....

:--
millom red

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Saturday, January 13, 2007, 03:11:17 »

Macca i admire your loyalty towards becks, but ive just heard him interviewed on the radio saying money didnt enter his mind when the opportunity to move to america came his way!! :evil:
 Does he think we are as daft as he is? It's all about Brand Beckham init....I bet hollywood directors are running for the hills for fear that Victoria will be knocking on the door!
Comedy script writers however, will be well chuuffed!

f it dont need fixing....dont fuckin break it

Await The Day
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Saturday, January 13, 2007, 08:04:00 »

Im sorry but that salery is fucking digusting,
There are people in the world who work their asses off to bring good to the world (doctors/fireman etc etc) earning pittance in retrospect of what they actualy do and heres a has been, past it footballer earning 80p/sec, half a mil a year for doing something he loves doing and im sure  if the salarys weren't so lucrative in the first place he would still be doing anyway purley from the love he has of the sport its disgusting.

Lower league football all the way,

What i found even more disgusting is that its estimated he is earning 500x more than most poeple in the team.
cavpete

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Saturday, January 13, 2007, 08:16:44 »

Quote from: "Chubbs"
Im sorry but that salary is fucking disgusting,

What i found even more disgusting is that its estimated he is earning 500x more than most poeple in the team.

Yes, I agree what about if he plays like a cunt and the other players do all the work. Would you be chuffed running your ass off for pennies while mr advertising agency just dawdles around but gets paid a players salary in one day. I don't think so.

STFC Village

« Reply #66 on: Saturday, January 13, 2007, 10:15:56 »

Salary! Oh Ah! Salary! Oh Ah!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: