Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Scoring in Brothels - Half Time  (Read 6992 times)
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Thursday, June 15, 2006, 19:48:01 »

Quote from: "Ben Wah Balls"
Robinson had little to do and fucked up once which nearly led to them taking the lead. I rate him highly but by his standards not a good game. Carragher and Ashley Cole I thought were both poor, Neville was just as bad last game though. 7 just isn't generous for Crouch he scored the fucking winning goal! Without that goal we wouldn't be through to the next round, so that alone puts his score up by 1 or 2. Even if he hadn't scored he was worth at least a 6 so 7 is perfectly fair.

Lennon wasn't on for that long but when he was on he won corners, beat players easily and caused all sorts of problems for them which we hadn't being doing up till then. He was also involved in the buildup for both goals. Maybe just 8 would be fair but I really think that bringing on Lennon made the difference, more so than Rooney. One positive was that Sven got the substitutions right today.

BWB, you do realise that you are so easily wound up when people start criticising the Crouchmeister  Wink Sometimes you just have to let it go. For what its worth, I agree with your second paragraph.

My opinion of Crouch has changed dramatically in the last 6 months. I still remember that friendly at the CG when he was with Southampton, and he was utter shite. I thought he was a one-trick pony with his height, but watching him play for Liverpool and England recently is changing my opinion of him. Granted, he isn't the most technically gifted player, but for his height he adapts well and causes defenders different sorts of problems.

I stand by my opinion that he didn't play that well today. Better than Owen, yes. He scored a very good goal that effectively won the game, but missed other chances. He set up a couple of other chances which were not taken. But my point is he didn't stand out (height excepted) in a poor overall performance. He can and will play better. I'm not disagreeing with you per se, just stating a difference of opinion. And isn't that what football is all about?
Dazzza

« Reply #31 on: Thursday, June 15, 2006, 19:59:41 »

As long as he scores and wears the England shirt I couldn't give a fuck.  

Overall bar the missed chances he did alright.  Kept it tidy when needed and got the winning goal which is what counts.  Like BWB not many would have got a head to that without a step ladder.

For what it's worth the pass to Lampard was nothing special but the knock down and chest down to Rooney before he played it back to him made the difference.  

Lampard’s miss was horrific at the end of it all so it makes no difference.  

Question is with Rooney now selectable is Sven going to drop Owen against Sweden?  

Tough call, I can’t help but think Owen needs match practice and is badly needed back on song but can you possibly drop the Crotch Rot?   On song it has to be Owen and Rooney up front with the Crotch coming on to mix it up and meet crosses into the box.  

If Sweden don’t pick up the win tonight (0-0 at the time of asking) I’d be tempted to start Owen and Rooney with a view to the latter being replaced early in the 2nd half and giving Walcott a go later on for Owen.  Jesus if the young fella is going to be of any use in this tournament that’ll have to be the game to blood him.

Same goes for Lennon.

reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Thursday, June 15, 2006, 20:01:04 »

Okay. What was wrong with Robinson? He missed one cross.
Cole and Carragher were okay.
Terry and Ferdinand were quite solid.
Owen didn't see much of the ball but he created a couple of chances for others, notably one of the many Lampard wasted.
Lampard was poor
Gerrard wasn't great until the goal
Beckham for some reason couldn't find his range

Crouch wasted oppertunities but his goal proved why he is valuable to the team. Joe Cole had a bit of an off day but still looked a decent player.

All in all England are not suited to playing against teams who sit back. We are better at defending, drawing players forward and then catching teams on the break. Next game I would start Owen and Rooney and give them around an hour then bring on Crouch and Walcott. Rest Beckham and Gerrard and give Campbell a game.

The result really doesn't matter
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Thursday, June 15, 2006, 20:03:10 »

Quote from: "coxernator"
Quote from: "Ben Wah Balls"
Robinson had little to do and fucked up once which nearly led to them taking the lead. I rate him highly but by his standards not a good game. Carragher and Ashley Cole I thought were both poor, Neville was just as bad last game though. 7 just isn't generous for Crouch he scored the fucking winning goal! Without that goal we wouldn't be through to the next round, so that alone puts his score up by 1 or 2. Even if he hadn't scored he was worth at least a 6 so 7 is perfectly fair.

Lennon wasn't on for that long but when he was on he won corners, beat players easily and caused all sorts of problems for them which we hadn't being doing up till then. He was also involved in the buildup for both goals. Maybe just 8 would be fair but I really think that bringing on Lennon made the difference, more so than Rooney. One positive was that Sven got the substitutions right today.

BWB, you do realise that you are so easily wound up when people start criticising the Crouchmeister  Wink Sometimes you just have to let it go. For what its worth, I agree with your second paragraph.

My opinion of Crouch has changed dramatically in the last 6 months. I still remember that friendly at the CG when he was with Southampton, and he was utter shite. I thought he was a one-trick pony with his height, but watching him play for Liverpool and England recently is changing my opinion of him. Granted, he isn't the most technically gifted player, but for his height he adapts well and causes defenders different sorts of problems.

I stand by my opinion that he didn't play that well today. Better than Owen, yes. He scored a very good goal that effectively won the game, but missed other chances. He set up a couple of other chances which were not taken. But my point is he didn't stand out (height excepted) in a poor overall performance. He can and will play better. I'm not disagreeing with you per se, just stating a difference of opinion. And isn't that what football is all about?

I'd say he was one of the better players in an average performance and hence worth a 7. He can do better but was by no means awful. What does piss me off is when people ignore the fact he's scored 6 goals in 5 games for England and still don't rate him at all or even think he should be at the world cup which is just unbelievable to be honest.

I've got no problem with people having different opinions and you've not been too unfair so that's fair enough.
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Thursday, June 15, 2006, 20:07:15 »

Quote from: "reeves4england"
Okay. What was wrong with Robinson? He missed one cross.

Yeah but the thing is he didn't have much else to do but when he was needed made what could have been a disastrous mistake, in the Paraguay game he didn't have much to do but when he was needed made a great save so I thought he did much better.

I do think he's a good solid keeper though.
land_of_bo

« Reply #35 on: Thursday, June 15, 2006, 21:03:29 »

You cant drop Crouch, Englands record with Crouch in the team...

P9
W9
sonic youth

« Reply #36 on: Thursday, June 15, 2006, 21:25:46 »

the problem with crouch is he looks utterly hopeless as he ambles around the pitch like a spastic, but he does pop up with the goods eventually. think he needs to keep things simpler.
Dazzza

« Reply #37 on: Thursday, June 15, 2006, 22:26:31 »

Who do you pick against Sweden then?

Owen, Crouch or Rooney?

Owen and Rooney it has to be for me.  Crouch has shown what he can do and Owen needs the confidence of a goal.  One way or another one of them is not likely to play the full 90 minutes so it wouldn't equate to a snub for Crouch.

Walcott to get 15 - 20 minutes run out at the end.  Job done.

sonic youth

« Reply #38 on: Thursday, June 15, 2006, 22:56:02 »

all three, rooney behind owen and crouch and drop lampard
STFC Village

« Reply #39 on: Thursday, June 15, 2006, 23:05:48 »

Showed a slo-mo of Crouchy's goal, he was pulling the defenders hair!  Cool
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Friday, June 16, 2006, 02:51:27 »

Couldnt give a fuck,yup we were shit but we won.

All you 'im supporting someone else' merchants are cunts.

Simple Yes

/
W56196272
Spud

« Reply #41 on: Friday, June 16, 2006, 05:24:16 »

Quote from: "Yeovil Red"
Couldnt give a fuck,yup we were shit but we won.

All you 'im supporting someone else' merchants are cunts.

Simple Yes

Spot On Sir  :thumbs:
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Friday, June 16, 2006, 07:34:05 »

Good comment, i was just about to say the same! we can win 1/2-0 every game i would be happy! fuck good football, i want to win! thats my pro evo attitude:) and im good
McLovin

« Reply #43 on: Friday, June 16, 2006, 07:39:46 »

Owen will always get you a goal... parp!
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #44 on: Friday, June 16, 2006, 07:49:35 »

it comes down to the famous phrase good teams win. it doesn't have to be pretty, they just win.

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: