Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cooper to have talks with the wendies  (Read 78892 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Tuesday, June 2, 2015, 06:26:33 »

I think ' bollocks ' is a bit strong, early interest not followed up.

can understand cooper being interested in a big club, all managers would be, would be nice to know he's not looking to leave though
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Tuesday, June 2, 2015, 06:35:08 »

AS-D should have probably sat on it for a little while longer to see how things develop but a scoop is a scoop I suppose.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Tuesday, June 2, 2015, 06:51:11 »

No hurry to leave my job but listen to anybody that wants to talk.

Clems Army!
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Tuesday, June 2, 2015, 07:20:45 »

I'm still a bit confused on how a club can "offer talks" without Power's permission. Coops is under contract after all.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Tuesday, June 2, 2015, 07:24:14 »

Glad to hear this. Think we are better off with a rebuild from the current leadership team rather than having to bring in others. I'm intrigued to see whether the philosophy stands the test of a second major rebuild - I hope so.

EDIT: I mean I am glad to hear that Cooper is not going......yet.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Tuesday, June 2, 2015, 08:22:17 »

I'm still a bit confused on how a club can "offer talks" without Power's permission. Coops is under contract after all.

Would be a call to LP or MC, "would you be interested if"... If answer is no, no offiacl approach.
Flashheart

« Reply #96 on: Tuesday, June 2, 2015, 08:26:18 »

Is ASD becoming the new Chang?
Panda Paws

« Reply #97 on: Tuesday, June 2, 2015, 08:31:08 »

AS-D should have probably sat on it for a little while longer to see how things develop but a scoop is a scoop I suppose.

Apart from when it's not, like this case.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Tuesday, June 2, 2015, 08:39:28 »

Is ASD becoming the new Chang?
Fuck me, forgotten about him!!
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Tuesday, June 2, 2015, 09:35:28 »

Apart from when it's not, like this case.

Wink

Quite.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Tuesday, June 2, 2015, 09:44:45 »

I imagine that this kind of thing may happen a bit more with multiple media outlets- whereas before the Adver may have sat on a story for a few hours to corroborate it with other sources/see if goes anywhere, the new reality of having multiple competing outlets means that they're going to rush a story out to scoop others, even if it's not a particularly strong story yet.
Panda Paws

« Reply #101 on: Tuesday, June 2, 2015, 10:01:29 »

I imagine that this kind of thing may happen a bit more with multiple media outlets- whereas before the Adver may have sat on a story for a few hours to corroborate it with other sources/see if goes anywhere, the new reality of having multiple competing outlets means that they're going to rush a story out to scoop others, even if it's not a particularly strong story yet.

Better to be right than first - even now.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Tuesday, June 2, 2015, 10:16:46 »

You are talking about the Swindon Advertiser are you not?  Their scoops are usually six days old and not factual in any case!!
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Tuesday, June 2, 2015, 11:07:38 »

You are talking about the Swindon Advertiser are you not?  Their scoops are usually six days old and not factual in any case!!

You may note the use of the word "before" - as in when the Adver was good, which, to be fair, they were for large parts of the previous decade.
Bumpkin

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Tuesday, June 2, 2015, 11:56:32 »

Blame Twitter.  Anyone can publish stuff now.

TansMedia generally more reliable.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: