Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Barnsley v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 44726 times)
lambourn red

« Reply #135 on: Saturday, September 27, 2014, 19:19:01 »

TBH, all we had to do from last season was to sort the away form out - which we have done.

We appear, though, to be very potent - more so than last year.

How the fuck did we lose to the Creepies?

I still have no idea how we lost that game we absolutely battered them for 90 minutes
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Saturday, September 27, 2014, 19:37:33 »

Another decent away day today.
First half Barnsley pushed us and never let us settle.
As soon as Byrne scored we seemed to relax more and looked comfortable on the ball.
Then "bang" "bang" 3-0 up and we started to take the piss.
Super Cooper is doing well.
Hoping we can keep the side together this season, thus the stay aways can play their part by coming through the turnstiles.
Teams like this one at Swindon as history will tell never last forever.
I for one am enjoying this one.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Saturday, September 27, 2014, 19:52:16 »

Great result.
The squad isn't as small as you may think... With players like Branco, Gladwin and Smith missing today it proves that we do have cover.
Reeves is proving he is more than good enough too, and must be pushing for a start.
We have a good squad now, with some outstanding players, things are good, let's enjoy it.
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Saturday, September 27, 2014, 19:58:02 »

I still have concerns about the depth of the squad.  At some point, we are going to have an injury pile up and we're going to be stretched in terms of personnel.  And we have a young, enthusiastic, motivated and energetic set of players - but how will they perform this winter in difficult conditions when the passing game may not be as effective, and we're a few players down, and there's little in the way of experience to draw on?

I'm not down.  Far from it.  I'm just recognising that there are going to be many hurdles to jump between now and May.  It's going to be a struggle, and we are likely to lose an influential player or two in January as well.

A cracking start - and well done Mark Cooper for that - but just a start.  Every game as it comes now.

And get well soon, JO.
Are you Smeeton in disguise? Wink
Careful, laufav's gonna get you!
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Saturday, September 27, 2014, 20:00:35 »

Well chaps, that was fucking brilliant (1st half aside).

What a side we have put together considering the budget, very happy!
Hammer

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Saturday, September 27, 2014, 20:02:33 »

If this doesn't get a whopping following at Orient, I'm a Dutchman.

I'm in!

Oh please no. From Kerry Red, to Audrey.....and now Vincent Willem van Gogh. Whatever next?
lambourn red

« Reply #141 on: Saturday, September 27, 2014, 20:06:51 »

These norveners really do like eating sour grapes

Posted 27 Sep 2014 20:15
It's very bad !!
I feel sick tonite ! All going wrong again !! Swindon were a poor outfit to be fair , no better than us , probably worst side to visit us ? It's obvious Dudgeon will never really get match fit ? As much as I like him he will never be fit enough to play 90 mins , torn ragged today by there no 3 ( good player ) major work to be done Danny !! And I'm one of your fans !! For how long I don't know ? We are losing patience and games ?
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Saturday, September 27, 2014, 20:07:14 »

Are you Smeeton in disguise? Wink
Careful, laufav's gonna get you!

Reg and I have been stalking each other for something like 15 years now.  Never met him, to my knowledge.  But it was bound to rub off at some point.  Wink
jonah

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Saturday, September 27, 2014, 20:09:00 »

Anyone know how Bath RFC got on?
 Girl Giggle

Wiltshire boy born and bred - long in arm thick in 'ead.......
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Saturday, September 27, 2014, 20:12:37 »

We do now have a bit of cover in the squad....you're always going to get injuries etc...if lucky then they're spread out rather than being all at once.  It seems as if Ben Gladwin is nearly back to full fitness, I hope he can get back to where he was before the injury, as he can be a key player for us.

It's come to a fine pass when Reg is having to gee someone up. But I agree with the caution. Remember how last year's team came to grief on the bumpy winter pitches? Enjoy it while it lasts, and hope we've learned some lessons. Our current away form already suggests we've added some steel to our style.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Hammer

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Saturday, September 27, 2014, 20:19:22 »

These norveners really do like eating sour grapes

Posted 27 Sep 2014 20:15
It's very bad !!
I feel sick tonite ! All going wrong again !! Swindon were a poor outfit to be fair , no better than us , probably worst side to visit us ? It's obvious Dudgeon will never really get match fit ? As much as I like him he will never be fit enough to play 90 mins , torn ragged today by there no 3 ( good player ) major work to be done Danny !! And I'm one of your fans !! For how long I don't know ? We are losing patience and games ?

For someone who seems to necessitate the requirement of adding either an exclamation or question mark to the end of every sentence......I hope he feels really fucking sick.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Saturday, September 27, 2014, 20:33:39 »

What an excellent result.  Caught 10 mins of the second half in the car when it was 1-0 amd we had a few chances.  By the time I got into the house, went to the loo and put the radio on it was 3-0.  Really pleased to see us doing well on the road, seems like we've turned it round from last season.

Did Obika get injured during the game?
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Saturday, September 27, 2014, 20:33:49 »

Lots of cooper chants today, about 500 odd and made a decent noise. What is good is that we seem to more options in every position, new lb looked decent as well

barnsley the worst side I have seen this season, they had nothing all game. Wilson has got his work cut out because I struggle to see that lot winning games. Also, anyone who says atmosphere is bad at the CG should have heard their support today
Talk Talk

« Reply #148 on: Saturday, September 27, 2014, 21:04:45 »

anyone who says atmosphere is bad at the CG should have heard their support today

Oxymoron?
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Saturday, September 27, 2014, 21:20:55 »

What an excellent result.  Caught 10 mins of the second half in the car when it was 1-0 amd we had a few chances.  By the time I got into the house, went to the loo and put the radio on it was 3-0.  Really pleased to see us doing well on the road, seems like we've turned it round from last season.

Did Obika get injured during the game?

Yes mate he got smashed by their big centre half.
To be fair he was their best player. First half we struggled against him.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: