Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Douglas to stay?  (Read 40810 times)
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #90 on: Sunday, June 19, 2011, 11:56:35 »

I think we should only sign players that are too ambitious to sign for us.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Sunday, June 19, 2011, 11:56:45 »

Nolan going to west ham has nothing to do with their believed potential, and everything to do with the fact he bums allardyce

Correct.  Still, a very strange move for me.  Perhaps he just felt like moving south for a while?
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #92 on: Sunday, June 19, 2011, 12:11:19 »

Also no one actually knows who if anyone has came in for him. Say he had clubs in league 1 after him but they are not likely to be making a promotion push next season has come in for him and offered slightly more money? Is it really worth moving on.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Sunday, June 19, 2011, 14:00:22 »

Correct.  Still, a very strange move for me.  Perhaps he just felt like moving south for a while?

Maybe the reported 55 grand a week had something to do with it.Being purely cynical of course.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Sunday, June 19, 2011, 14:05:29 »

Maybe the reported 55 grand a week had something to do with it.Being purely cynical of course.

I get the impression that he'd have stayed up here if he was offered the right terms.

To be honest, I don't know much about it but he was immensely popular with the fans.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #95 on: Sunday, June 19, 2011, 14:57:37 »

Also no one actually knows who if anyone has came in for him. Say he had clubs in league 1 after him but they are not likely to be making a promotion push next season has come in for him and offered slightly more money? Is it really worth moving on.

Exactly. At this stage in his career he's played (or will do if he stays) at all levels bar the Premiership. What's another season in League 1 over a season in League 2? It's not like dropping to League 2 will hamper his international call ups - they've been and gone.

If he could easily get into Championship teams as a regular player he wouldn't be with us. I'm not slagging Douglas off as I think he is a really good player, but people suggesting he is easily Championship quality, especially after last season, are over-egging his ability.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Sunday, June 19, 2011, 15:01:33 »

Exactly. At this stage in his career he's played (or will do if he stays) at all levels bar the Premiership.

He made 14 apps for Blackburn in the Prem. It's not much but I'd take that Smiley
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Sunday, June 19, 2011, 15:04:04 »

Hadn't seen it was that much, shit the bed, in the champ too.  Won't be too long till players in L1 are bringing home 20...
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Sunday, June 19, 2011, 23:38:09 »

If Douglas wants to stay then fair enough, you'd hope it would be a mass feeling of guilt for playing a part in our relegation. If he has had to take a pay cut then it was bloody well deserved anyway.

Take the armband off him and make it clear to him he needs to pull his finger out of his arse. Last season he was shite and it makes me wonder if our midfield linchpin the previous season was infact Simon Ferry all along?

Douglas bottled the fight last season, he cant do the same this season otherwise he'll be a waste.

Plus, all in all - on the back of the last season would Douglas really have many offers coming in? but then as we managed to offload Prutton & Rose then I guess anything is possible.
Bathtime

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Monday, June 20, 2011, 16:12:28 »

I will believe this when it is confirmed. Hope he does stay based solely on him recovering his form from the play off season. If not then he will I fear get found out in this league. But we do need someone in midfield.... Head Hurts

Bathtime
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2011, 09:47:27 »

Douglas on Twitter: "3 more sleeps and its back too sort the future out"

Poor grammar aside, hopefully this is good news
wokinghamred

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2011, 09:56:50 »

Douglas on Twitter: "3 more sleeps and its back too sort the future out"

Poor grammar aside, hopefully this is good news

That doesn't sound like a done deal to me ....
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2011, 11:22:53 »

That doesn't sound like a done deal to me ....

why?

sorting his future out could be him coming in to sign his contract.

TWITTER-Douglas: Signed contract, future sorted

BANGKOK RED

« Reply #103 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2011, 11:27:01 »

I'm wondering if the twitter sycophants might creep him out a bit.
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2011, 11:28:31 »

I'm wondering if the twitter sycophants might creep him out a bit.

had to google sycophants. nice word Wink

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: