Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs. Huddersfield Matchday Thread  (Read 25558 times)
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Wednesday, March 5, 2008, 00:05:27 »

Quote from: "axs"
Quote from: "deltaincline"
What's the collective for that many cunts being seen on a football pitch as the same time?

I believe it is 'a gash of cunts'.

If not it should be.

I second that motion.
deltaincline

« Reply #271 on: Wednesday, March 5, 2008, 00:13:37 »

Quote from: "DV"

Oh, and Moses was injured I think. Why the fuck else would he clap the crowd as he walked off, having been subbed as a sub??

to waste as much time as possible.....

OK, if Malpas has already got the squad so well organised that he can sub-a-sub, then get him to walk off very slowly, clapping the crowd whilst feigning injury, all in an effort to waste as much time as possible during a knife-edge match........ I'm seriously fucking impressed!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Wednesday, March 5, 2008, 00:15:30 »

Oh, and Moses was injured I think. Why the fuck else would he clap the crowd as he walked off, having been subbed as a sub??

OK, if Malpas has already got the squad so well organised that he can sub-a-sub, then get him to walk off very slowly, clapping the crowd whilst feigning injury, all in an effort to waste as much time as possible during a knife-edge match........ I'm seriously fucking impressed!

to be fair, when you are one goal to the good with 9 men and with a few minutes to go....most of the above is common sense....

McNamee (although was already playing on the left) did practically the same the thing....

Personally, I think it was purely a time waster!
deltaincline

« Reply #273 on: Wednesday, March 5, 2008, 00:29:54 »

to be fair, when you are one goal to the good with 9 men and with a few minutes to go....most of the above is common sense....

McNamee (although was already playing on the left) did practically the same the thing....

Fantastic if that is / was the case DV. Nothing but praise from me to be honest as it did the trick and we got the 3 points Wink  

I notce that the ballboys on the Bank did their bit towards the time wasting effort as well tonight. One of them seemed to deliberately take fucking ages to walk down from the empty seats when the ball went out and then walked the long way around the advertising boards, only to nonchalently hand the ball back to Smiffy to take our goal kick - tactics which are sooo fucking annoying when played against us, but are comendable and enjoyable when used for our own advantage.

(Note the lack of fucking 'cuss' words, by the way)
neville w

« Reply #274 on: Wednesday, March 5, 2008, 07:42:28 »

Quote from: "Fred Elliot"
Quote from: "neville w"
Some pillock in the Arkells wanted our physio to "stamp on Smith's head"

you are fucking joking Nev ?

Sadly, no. He was on Smith's back from the start, and Malpas' and was beside himself with glee when Smith was getting treatment.

He'd didn't look Slovakian, and for Pauld's info, I don't think you can blame the parents - he was in his sixties ( I guess you could blame senility).

Mind you there was a lot of general criticism. I wouldn't be surprised if both penalties were Malpas's fault, along with Vincent's injury and the credit crunch
glos_robin

« Reply #275 on: Wednesday, March 5, 2008, 08:24:21 »

Quote from: "pauld"
Phil Smith - 4 - thought he was poor punched way to much and dropped some right in the area luckily at Jerel or Aljofree's feer most of time. Kicking was well off, althrough from back passes you could see it bobbling. Completely at fault for the 2nd goal, came miles and didnt punch it. Brez back please!

And as I said earlier he pulled off at least two point-blank saves to keep us in it when down to 9 men. He's having a shaky time since being brought back in, obviously low on confidence so maybe some praise for what he did right to balance out the slating for what he got wrong might help. He was a damn good keeper last season, he hasn't lost that but if people keep getting on his back all the time, we'll wreck him.

Problem is though Paul not only did he cost us a goal last night he ended up costing us a player for 2 (maybe more) games as Paynter got sent off trying to bail him out after he completely messed up on their second goal. At the moment he is just not good enough unfortunately and as such shouldn't be in the starting line up. That moment in the second half where he ran to pick up the ball and ended up dropping it behind him could have been a disaster...........I just don't see how he can get the nod over Brez at the moment as he's had his chance and just not looked up to it.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Wednesday, March 5, 2008, 08:54:53 »

When Hammond had spells in the side over Fraser in the early 90's, was Fraser injured? If not, just goes to show that Malaps isn't the first Town manager to rotate his keepers, when one is probably better than the other.

In a way I feel for Phil Smith - he's a million times better than the Jimmy Glass' and Griemink's of this world and on a par with Mildenhall, Talia (only at his best - people forget his player of the year season) etc who held onto the short for prolonged spells.

But form is temporary and all that...Brez is a cut above and should be part of the permanant spine.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Wednesday, March 5, 2008, 09:01:11 »

Quote from: "glos_robin"
Quote from: "pauld"
Phil Smith - 4 - thought he was poor punched way to much and dropped some right in the area luckily at Jerel or Aljofree's feer most of time. Kicking was well off, althrough from back passes you could see it bobbling. Completely at fault for the 2nd goal, came miles and didnt punch it. Brez back please!

And as I said earlier he pulled off at least two point-blank saves to keep us in it when down to 9 men. He's having a shaky time since being brought back in, obviously low on confidence so maybe some praise for what he did right to balance out the slating for what he got wrong might help. He was a damn good keeper last season, he hasn't lost that but if people keep getting on his back all the time, we'll wreck him.

Problem is though Paul not only did he cost us a goal last night he ended up costing us a player for 2 (maybe more) games as Paynter got sent off trying to bail him out after he completely messed up on their second goal. At the moment he is just not good enough unfortunately and as such shouldn't be in the starting line up. That moment in the second half where he ran to pick up the ball and ended up dropping it behind him could have been a disaster...........I just don't see how he can get the nod over Brez at the moment as he's had his chance and just not looked up to it.

Right this is exactly what I was talking about - no-one seems to be giving him credit for a brave one-on-one to the feet in the first half and two or three fine saves in the second that kept us in the game when we were down to 9 men, ie what he DID, but instead they're focusing on what he MIGHT have done. I'm inclined to agree that Brez IS the better keeper at the moment but Smith is still a good keeper, just low on confidence, and I can't believe people have such short memories of how good he was last season. Of course, it could turn out to be self-fulfilling because if people keep booing him it will of course further undermine his confidence, he won't regain his previous form and it'll probably wreck his career, at least at Swindon. Doubtless then the thisis vultures will be delighted.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: Wednesday, March 5, 2008, 09:03:16 »

I know everyone was shitting themselves thinking that we'd collapse after the second sending off and the penalty conversion, but we didn't just give in, which is a huge fucking credit to the lads as they kept at it 100% all night.

Amen to that.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: Wednesday, March 5, 2008, 09:31:29 »

Fantastic if that is / was the case DV. Nothing but praise from me to be honest as it did the trick and we got the 3 points Wink  

I notce that the ballboys on the Bank did their bit towards the time wasting effort as well tonight. One of them seemed to deliberately take fucking ages to walk down from the empty seats when the ball went out and then walked the long way around the advertising boards, only to nonchalently hand the ball back to Smiffy to take our goal kick - tactics which are sooo fucking annoying when played against us, but are comendable and enjoyable when used for our own advantage.

(Note the lack of fucking 'cuss' words, by the way)

Used to be a ballboy and we were always instructed to waste time if we were winning!

Sam Hamann once offered me £20 to kick Danny Invincible as well.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: Wednesday, March 5, 2008, 10:15:49 »

"We deserved something out of it" - Yes Ritchie you did, at least one red card and several yellows however a point?  I don't think so.

Ritchie is furious with defending  

Ritchie is not giving up on promotion despite Town sitting 16th (Getty)
Huddersfield Town manager Andy Ritchie blamed 'schoolboy defending' for Tuesday's 3-2 defeat at Swindon.
Town went 3-0 down inside half an hour and, although Phil Jevons scored two penalties, Town could not level against the nine men of Swindon.

Ritchie told BBC Radio Leeds: "We defended like schoolboys - we never got to grips with them at all.

"Every time they came down our end it looked like they'd score. We've got to start games brighter and in the zone."

He added: "With three goals it's just been too much to climb.

"When we get the ball down and play and go at people we can play round anyone and create chances."

It'll be very difficult to climb that mountain into the play-offs now, but we've still got the games there

Huddersfield manager Andy Ritchie

The Terriers pulled it back to 3-2 when Phil Jevons scored his second penalty after Billy Paynter was sent off for Swindon, but they could not find the elusive equaliser.

"We definitely deserved something out of it, but it wasn't to be," said Ritchie.

"They didn't give me any cause for concern on the passion front, because we had a lot of good football in the first half - it was just that we defended like schoolboys."

Town remain nine points outside the play-off places and have just 12 games left to make the top six.

Ritchie said: "It'll be very difficult to climb that mountain into the play-offs now, but we've still got the games there.

"It needs us to go on that run again. We'll go down to Leyton Orient on Saturday and try and start the game better than we have done tonight."

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: Wednesday, March 5, 2008, 10:28:26 »

Quote from: "STFCLady"
"We deserved something out of it" - Yes Ritchie you did, at least one red card and several yellows however a point?  I don't think so.

Cheesy He's right about the defending, though, albeit perhaps a bit harsh on schoolboys. Love the way they're also still doing the "play-off hopes" bit  
dell boy

« Reply #282 on: Wednesday, March 5, 2008, 10:29:06 »

Huddersfield still think they have a chance for the play-offs?

Watch out for a late run from Cheltenham!!! :-))(
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: Wednesday, March 5, 2008, 10:30:42 »

I laughed when he also said "We had a lot of good football in the first half"  If thats the case I certainly missed it.  I thought Hudderfield were one of the worst teams this season with the inability to do pretty much anything!
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: Wednesday, March 5, 2008, 10:32:33 »

They were good at hacking it towards "elbows" Booth.

That was it.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: