Pages: 1 ... 227 228 229 [230] 231 232 233 ... 560   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Managerial Merry-go-round 2021-2022; sack, shuffle, repeat  (Read 1990795 times)
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #3435 on: Thursday, May 12, 2016, 15:15:18 »

No wonder Cooper skipped town fast.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36276366

Don't think he was given the choice. He's a little ray of sunshine isn't he. This from a friend who went to their FitC dinner:
Mark Cooper had slagged off the players big style on the air the previous Saturday, saying they were all lazy and only turning up for their wages. I've never heard such a majorly pissed off on-air interview before with such a vitriolic attack on the players! There was a mention of the despair at the club though by the MC of the ball!! Grim. And Ray Trew's apparently put it up for sale for £1.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #3436 on: Thursday, May 12, 2016, 15:50:23 »

A quid?

Taxi for Jed!
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #3437 on: Thursday, May 12, 2016, 16:04:46 »

A quid?

Taxi for Jed!

Looks that way doesn't it, actually if they own the ground it would make more sense for Power (assuming he is the asset stripper he is often accused of being) if he sacked us off and looked at them, whilst their average crowds are below ours their highest this season was better than ours in a lower league suggesting the fan base is there?

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #3438 on: Thursday, May 12, 2016, 16:09:48 »

I always had a bit of a soft spot for Cooper.

Think he's a cunt now
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #3439 on: Thursday, May 12, 2016, 16:15:05 »

I always had a bit of a soft spot for Cooper.

Think he's a cunt now

You don't have to be nice to be a successful manager as long as you have some charisma (look at Ferguson and Jose for example), sadly for Cooper he seems somewhat lacking in either.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #3440 on: Thursday, May 12, 2016, 16:28:05 »

You don't have to be nice to be a successful manager as long as you have some charisma (look at Ferguson and Jose for example), sadly for Cooper he seems somewhat lacking in either.

Even when we were doing well last season I couldn't find a Posh fan with a good word to say about him, maybe this is why
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #3441 on: Thursday, May 12, 2016, 17:25:04 »

Wilder seems to be all but nailed to be Sheffield United's next scapegoat manager

That's his dream job, being ex player and boyhood fan. I think he'll struggle personally.

My one memory of Chris Wilder is seeing him in Thirst bar in Oxford one night when i was pissed and i drunkenly stumbled up to him singing the 'Constable, Constable, he stayed at Oxford and won fuck all' song.

He smiled, shook his head and said 'apart from the 3 derby games' and proceeded to shake my hand. Good comeback i thought.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #3442 on: Thursday, May 12, 2016, 17:31:21 »

That's his dream job, being ex player and boyhood fan. I think he'll struggle personally.

My one memory of Chris Wilder is seeing him in Thirst bar in Oxford one night when i was pissed and i drunkenly stumbled up to him singing the 'Constable, Constable, he stayed at Oxford and won fuck all' song.

He smiled, shook his head and said 'apart from the 3 derby games' and proceeded to shake my hand. Good comeback i thought.
I pissed on Joey Beachamps feet in a pub toilet on Oxford high Street once, cannot remember what the pub was called but it was funny at the time
tans

Ignore
« Reply #3443 on: Thursday, May 12, 2016, 17:34:46 »

I pissed on Joey Beachamps feet in a pub toilet on Oxford high Street once, cannot remember what the pub was called but it was funny at the time

Hahaha, same here, in the Park End club. He got well arsey, started giving it the old 'do you know who i am' shit

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #3444 on: Thursday, May 12, 2016, 17:41:07 »

To be fair to him I had a long chat with him at the greyhound track in Cowley (when it was still open). I had a dog in the same race as him - big dog fan is Joey and a decent bloke.

If I remember correctly it was an early race as his mum had his tea ready and it was getting dark!
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #3445 on: Thursday, May 12, 2016, 18:14:01 »

Hahaha, same here, in the Park End club. He got well arsey, started giving it the old 'do you know who i am' shit
Is park end still there? I was more of a cannot remember what it was called but it was in the westgate centre sort of bloke.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #3446 on: Thursday, May 12, 2016, 18:14:49 »

To be fair to him I had a long chat with him at the greyhound track in Cowley (when it was still open). I had a dog in the same race as him - big dog fan is Joey and a decent bloke.

If I remember correctly it was an early race as his mum had his tea ready and it was getting dark!
Did you piss on him at all during this long chat?

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #3447 on: Thursday, May 12, 2016, 18:16:43 »

Can't say I did. Sorry.
tans

Ignore
« Reply #3448 on: Friday, May 13, 2016, 08:53:01 »

Quique Sanchez Flores to leave Watford.

Odd. I thought he did a good job there
nigel grays a postie

Ignore
« Reply #3449 on: Friday, May 13, 2016, 10:11:20 »

Watford like Leeds seem determined to move coach on every 6 months/year or so.  Cellino has got through 6 in just over 2 years at Leeds. Pozzo family have got through 6 manager/head coaches in 4 years. Not quite as crazy as Cellino but not bad going. Difference is it kind of seems to be working at Watford whereas at Leeds.............

Rogers, Mayes, Shearer, Fjortoft, Cox, Austin, Ritchie. Seen em all flogged off on the cheap
Pages: 1 ... 227 228 229 [230] 231 232 233 ... 560   Go Up
Print
Jump to: