Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Press conference at 1pm  (Read 18967 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Friday, June 19, 2009, 07:36:55 »

Yep, not a love in, just very unfair the way other groups of fans slate him so much, his press needs to be balanced out, that's where the pragmatists of the TEF come in.
Quite. It's the opposite really - more some people just seem to go "Raaaar" at the very mention of DB's name. I'd imagine AF's "mysterious loyalty" to DB stems from the very pragmatic reason that his proven track record in bringing in and developing players has been the single biggest source of revenue to the club after ticket sales. And the role he's been given is key to Fitton's whole philosophy of how clubs at our level progress - it's hardly a sinecure you give to someone annoying to get them out the way. It's a key role you need someone with a proven track record in that you trust. The only mystery here is why Byrne provokes so much venom

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Friday, June 19, 2009, 09:30:06 »

where is the venom? only one person seems a bit anti byrne on here.or i've missed something?

people will speculate,and stuff  will get exaggerated.but it's glaringly obvious wilson doesn't want him in a major coaching role.
i'm pretty sure byrne is a bit like marmite with the others at the club.some like him others cannot stand the bloke.
i did cringe watching his crossbar challenge effort on soccer am ,with his lone ooooooh at his shot.the others were silent.
is he going to be reserve team boss?

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #137 on: Friday, June 19, 2009, 09:48:56 »

Cringeworthy soccer am peformances seriously harm your ability to do your job.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Friday, June 19, 2009, 09:51:05 »

Pook hit the bar and look what hapenned to him.

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Friday, June 19, 2009, 09:53:13 »

of course not si .but it was cringworthy nonetheless.
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Friday, June 19, 2009, 10:11:15 »

where is the venom? only one person seems a bit anti byrne on here.or i've missed something?

people will speculate,and stuff  will get exaggerated.but it's glaringly obvious wilson doesn't want him in a major coaching role.
i'm pretty sure byrne is a bit like marmite with the others at the club.some like him others cannot stand the bloke.
i did cringe watching his crossbar challenge effort on soccer am ,with his lone ooooooh at his shot.the others were silent.
is he going to be reserve team boss?

This post sums up better what I was trying to say rather than the clumsy way I put it.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #141 on: Friday, June 19, 2009, 10:27:49 »

of course not si .but it was cringworthy nonetheless.

That's fair enough, I just don't see how it's relevant. It's like saying a player is crap because of the naff goal celebration he did.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Friday, June 19, 2009, 10:30:51 »

but it's glaringly obvious wilson doesn't want him in a major coaching role.

Is it? Based on what exactly? The fact that he's been given a different role within the club? People in all walks of life get moved around at work. It doesn't always mean their boss doesn't want them doing that job or that they don't like them, it often means that the persons skills are better suited to a different position.

I wouldn't say I'm a Dave Byrne "fanboy", but I do think he gets a lot of unfair criticism on here based on pure speculation and assumptions. Has anybody who makes these accusatiosn actually been to the training ground and watched him work? Or taken 5 minutes just to talk to him? Or asked Danny Wilson for his opinion? I doubt it very much.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Friday, June 19, 2009, 10:37:20 »

Is it? Based on what exactly? The fact that he's been given a different role within the club? People in all walks of life get moved around at work. It doesn't always mean their boss doesn't want them doing that job or that they don't like them, it often means that the persons skills are better suited to a different position.

I wouldn't say I'm a Dave Byrne "fanboy", but I do think he gets a lot of unfair criticism on here based on pure speculation and assumptions. Has anybody who makes these accusatiosn actually been to the training ground and watched him work? Or taken 5 minutes just to talk to him? Or asked Danny Wilson for his opinion? I doubt it very much.

I would say you are a fanboy!

Great post Samdy....sums up my feelings too.

Clems Army!

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Friday, June 19, 2009, 10:44:46 »

Is it? Based on what exactly? The fact that he's been given a different role within the club?

based on him no longer being first team coach.and a different role,which no matter how much it is dressed up, is a demotion.
it seems to me to be a scouting role.he will not decide who plays in which team.bodin will run the youth team and who plays in it,and wilson the rest.
i do think a scouting role will suit byrne.as he's delivered players in the past.but i'd bet my mortgage that deep down this isn't anywhere near the role he would want.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Friday, June 19, 2009, 10:48:45 »

Maybe they will do a mobile phone advert....

Byrne sat in the stands in some shit hole in Eastern Europe.

Camera zooms in on Byrne...

"If i ruled the world!"....etc etc

Clems Army!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Friday, June 19, 2009, 10:51:10 »

based on him no longer being first team coach.and a different role,which no matter how much it is dressed up, is a demotion.
it seems to me to be a scouting role.
If you think of it as a scouting role, then maybe it is a demotion. But that's not what it is, it's a role to ensure Player development from top to bottom, which as I said earlier is central to Fitton's philosophy on how the whole club (not just the 1st team) should run. If anything, it's more akin to a kind of technical director role that top-flight clubs have. From a "whole club" point of view, it's a more vital role to the whole club's progress than 1st team coach
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #147 on: Friday, June 19, 2009, 10:54:35 »

You could read all sorts into it and I'm not going to entertain which conclusion is correct. Perhaps Byrne can be replaced as a coach but the player development side is something which is more valuable? Perhaps he isn't a very good coach. The only thing I will conclude is that the Board wouldn't have put him in a decision making position if he was a numpty, perhaps that view isn't right either though, who knows other than those behind the scenes.

Like I said earlier it doesn't really matter because we should have a stronger back room team overall with this reshuffle. Onwards and upwards.

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Friday, June 19, 2009, 10:57:08 »

If you think of it as a scouting role, then maybe it is a demotion. But that's not what it is, it's a role to ensure Player development from top to bottom, which as I said earlier is central to Fitton's philosophy on how the whole club (not just the 1st team) should run. If anything, it's more akin to a kind of technical director role that top-flight clubs have. From a "whole club" point of view, it's a more vital role to the whole club's progress than 1st team coach

how is he going to develop players? that is the job of the coaches,in their respective teams.
they will progress,or they wont.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #149 on: Friday, June 19, 2009, 11:05:57 »

Depends if he's given budgets to handle and manage the thing from the top down. Who's going to decide youth contracts and the such? Will Byrne be able to implement facilities in order to aide player progression? Will Bynre liase with Bodin to discuss training schedules?

Maybe none of the above.

I hope he's given some budget to put on a giant laser beam light show at half time in the night matches though.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: