Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: FANS FORUM THINGY  (Read 13280 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, April 7, 2008, 15:49:21 »

Quote from: "RobertT"
Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
Quote from: "janaage"
What did you say Reg?

It was early in his tenure, I asked him about youth policy and did he have a particular model on which to base his plans.  "Yes" says he "ManUre"

I respond with perhaps that's a bit unrealistic, given that they have the pick of kids nationwide....whereas we don't and perhaps something like Crewe or Norwich might be better to look at for a club our size.

He was adamant that as they turned out the best young players, they'd have to be the template.

TBF to McMahon he did put quite a bit of effort into youth development....sacking Trollope and replacing him with the Scouse mafia.  One of the oddities though, is that although the structure put in place was OK, we didn't actually get one decent player from his years.  Well not that I can think of.

Wasn't it around that time that we got to the Youth Cup Semi, playing Everton at home with Jeffers in the side?  It was quite a decent looking youth team at the time but after several made first team appearances they generally all drifted away as I remember.

Don't think it was as far as teh semi final, not 100%, but I think McMahon may have just gone by then.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #16 on: Monday, April 7, 2008, 15:56:40 »

Quote from: "Jamiesfuturewife"
oh great make it sound boring now I have to go

thanks Si!  :x

How about going to the Merlin instead? There's a couple of fruit machines you can gamble on.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, April 7, 2008, 16:45:04 »

Quote from: "Si Pie"
There's a couple of fruit machines you can gamble on.

Ah, but they don't take Oevils.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, April 7, 2008, 18:27:47 »

Quote from: "Si Pie"
I don't really have anything I personally want to ask so I will find out what's been said afterward. I expect 1/2 of it will be about the appointment of Malpas anyway. I also realise I'll be able to go to the AGM, so some of the stuff I'm interested in will be talked about then hopefully.

Is it being broadcast?

When's the agm?  

It'll be confusing this time.  Last time I voted against everything the board proposed, regardless of how petty it was and whether I actually agreed with it or not.  Sandy Gray tried to stare me out...it was hilarious.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, April 8, 2008, 07:40:02 »

Quote from: "arriba"
the forum will be a waste of time like it always is.you will only be told what they want you to hear. as is always the case

Disagree, the last one I went to was good, not in so far as what the board had to say, more about how Sturrock conducted himself.  Always thought he was a pretty dour man, but he was quite funny at times.

Hope Maurice has a few whiskeys before the evening and holds nowt back.

I remember that, how Sturrock decided it was too early to go home so just wanted to sit there and take questions for another hour which he did turned into a good night.
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, April 8, 2008, 08:38:41 »

to be fair to Malpas the couple of times Ive interviewed him he has been really chatty before the interview started but then dour once the camera started rolling - Sturrock never really used to be like that - he was dour all the time  - oh maybe except once when he seemed in a very good mood - I think maybe he was drunk??

I always wanted to grab the rolls of fat of his neck and give them a wobble!  Soapy Tit Wank
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, April 8, 2008, 08:39:57 »

"oh maybe except once when he seemed in a very good mood - I think maybe he was drunk??"

Wasn't Sturrock always drunk?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, April 8, 2008, 08:40:11 »

No idea when the AGM, I expect it'll be when the accounts are completed and signed off. Incidentally they're overdue.

Fitton out!  :x
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, April 8, 2008, 08:44:56 »

"oh maybe except once when he seemed in a very good mood - I think maybe he was drunk??"

Wasn't Sturrock always drunk?

yeah your probably right - maybe Mrs Sturrock put out that day then or something??  Soapy Tit Wank

Sturrock scared me a little if Im honest - he shouted at me at the memorial stadium and I nearly cried  Crying
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, April 8, 2008, 10:28:51 »

what did he say?
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, April 8, 2008, 11:00:28 »

I asked him if he was going to wear a kilt if we got promoted and he got in a big stress  :x
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, April 8, 2008, 12:13:00 »

I asked him if he was going to wear a kilt if we got promoted and he got in a big stress  :x
quite right too! You could have jinxed us!

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, April 8, 2008, 12:15:03 »

I meant on the last game of the season though

I thought at the time we might have been promoted by then  :-))(
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, April 8, 2008, 12:18:14 »

I meant on the last game of the season though

I thought at the time we might have been promoted by then  :-))(

How naiive you are!! Don;t you know STFC never do it the easy way?!  Cheesy
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, April 8, 2008, 12:18:41 »

yeah, but just by saying it you could jinx us!

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: