Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Board Revealed  (Read 14795 times)
WorcesterRed

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, August 21, 2007, 08:18:43 »

Can't quite out my finger on this.

In essence, what has happened is that someone has taken over the majority ownership of the club. That much I can understand.

So, you plough millions into the club and what's the first thing that you do - of course - you retain 90% of the previous regime and promote the previous General Manager onto the Board.

These new guys must have been SO IMPRESSED with the job that the previous regime did. How can this be? Simple - it's an effing smokescreen and the same old problems will surface in the months to come...rumours of the Chippenham move etc etc.

Why on earth would Diamandis not only be retained but PROMOTED!! Becase it's smoke and mirrors that's why.

Like others, I doubt very much indeed if I will attend another match while these twats are in charge.
The_Plagiarist

« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, August 21, 2007, 08:20:16 »

The clincher that this really is just one big piss take is when Jim Little said something along the lines of "this is already a very well managed company"

FUCK OFF!

Unless he's been sold a right royal pup by diamandis and actually believes what he is saying. is that possible?
STFC Bart

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, August 21, 2007, 08:20:41 »

So much for "dynamic boardroom changes"
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, August 21, 2007, 08:22:38 »

this has really pissed me off. fucking wankers.
lebowski

« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, August 21, 2007, 08:31:04 »

are you really that surprised?

it's been pretty obvious since day one.
WorcesterRed

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, August 21, 2007, 08:31:06 »

Do you remember some sort of announcement along the lines of 'we won't sell to anyone unless it is in the Club's best interests'.

This announcement smacks in the face of that. This says to me that 'we will do what we can to protect our own position because we are want to make our fortune on the back of STFC'.

SSW has a lot to answer to if you ask me. Whilst many made him the saviour of the club, 'saving' us time and time again, reading between the lines, IMO he also wanted a massive return on his investments - don't forget the previous regimes that he appointed - and the fact that Ground Developments were on the agenda even then.

Another sad day for STFC I'm afraid   Rain
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, August 21, 2007, 08:32:34 »

Quote from: "lebowski"
are you really that surprised?

it's been pretty obvious since day one.

That's not the point Lebo!!  The point is although it may have been obvious, today it has been confirmed.  Like a knife in the back.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, August 21, 2007, 08:33:34 »

I wouldn't put it past Diamandis' ability to have sold STFC as a well run forward thinking club with great prospects and a sounf financial future.  He's done it before.  Give the man some credit, he knows how to sell dead ducks.

The problem is, how long will it take for them to figure out the real picture and what will their reaction be?

How can they possibly think the club is well run when the accounts have now had 2 adverse opinions and the FC last ones were qualified.
TalkTalk

« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, August 21, 2007, 08:35:52 »

Oh and I don't want Bob Holt playing his guitar at the party either.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, August 21, 2007, 08:40:13 »

Quote from: "TalkTalk"
Quote from: "mexico red"
if thats the case i will no longer be giving my money to them. i will go to away games but i am not giving diamandis another penny of my cash.

Yep.

How is going to games now giving diamandis cash?  How exactly is he going to take cash out when he's no longer in charge and his chums are not the majority shareholders?

I'm as pissed off as the next town fan that some of these clowns are being retained but a bit of logic wouldnt go amiss
wokinghamred

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, August 21, 2007, 08:40:59 »

Quote from: "WorcesterRed"
Can't quite out my finger on this.

In essence, what has happened is that someone has taken over the majority ownership of the club. That much I can understand.

So, you plough millions into the club and what's the first thing that you do - of course - you retain 90% of the previous regime and promote the previous General Manager onto the Board.

These new guys must have been SO IMPRESSED with the job that the previous regime did. How can this be? Simple - it's an effing smokescreen and the same old problems will surface in the months to come...rumours of the Chippenham move etc etc.

Why on earth would Diamandis not only be retained but PROMOTED!! Becase it's smoke and mirrors that's why.

Like others, I doubt very much indeed if I will attend another match while these twats are in charge.

Best holdings have taken the majority ownership in town, but who owns Best Holdings.

Would you put it past Diamandis to set up a foreign holding company through some contact ,and for him and Wills to own Best Holdings?

OK someone seems to have come up with some money to pay off the CVA, so maybe there is some other investment somewhere, but name to me one other 'takeover' where someone allows the existing board to manage their 'investment.'

It is unbelieveable that the same idiots are in charge. I know nothing about Portuguese company law, but surely the Trust or someone should be doing all possible to try and find their way through this smokescreen and find out who owns Best Holdings.

So much for the 'dynamic changes to the board'. Yet another lie.
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, August 21, 2007, 08:44:47 »

has the trust sat down in a private meeting with the new owners/JL yet and discussed there plans and how the majority of supporters feel about the existing board?

I think this needs to happen as they are the fans voice and if JL wants to be involved with the fans then he needs to be told what a bunch of clowns he'll be working with.

wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, August 21, 2007, 08:45:53 »

But what if ... the old board has to resign then a new board is voted in ... those crafty investors say "oh, things have changed now. You can still be ballboys (and a ballgirl if that exists) but we want to make dynamic changes to the board. Don't call us, we'll call you." That would be ironic  Soapy Tit Wank
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, August 21, 2007, 08:45:55 »

Quote from: "Colin Todd"
Quote from: "TalkTalk"
Quote from: "mexico red"
if thats the case i will no longer be giving my money to them. i will go to away games but i am not giving diamandis another penny of my cash.

Yep.

How is going to games now giving diamandis cash?  How exactly is he going to take cash out when he's no longer in charge and his chums are not the majority shareholders?

I'm as pissed off as the next town fan that some of these clowns are being retained but a bit of logic wouldnt go amiss

Do you not think that its entirely possible that the reason we wont know who is behind Best Holdings, is that its Diamandis and Wills.  Possibly in some arrangement with agents which may be in contravention to FIFA rules, if they were the named parties.
STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, August 21, 2007, 08:47:13 »

In regards to the Chippenham rumours, apparently this is what Jim Little told the trust according to the email sent out.

" Encouragingly, in response to a reference to the Chippenham rumour he did state very clearly that he understood that the club is called Swindon Town for a reason and that any move would have to preserve the club's identity which clearly a move to Chippenham would not."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: