Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trust CG Development Plans  (Read 17194 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, December 13, 2006, 10:25:15 »

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/display.var.1070717.0.county_ground_set_for_sports_supercentre.php

Compare these to the clubs effort!
STFC Village

« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, December 13, 2006, 10:32:52 »

Quote from: "joey deacon"
When do they stop. Facing financial problems again they come up with another plan to sell our land to finance redevelopment. Of course they would argue the benefits for Swindon but will not face the facts. Swindon Town Football club does not have enough support to be financially viable. Over paid players who simply don't put enough effort into their game.
:wanker:

Great work Trust peeps! Viva la revolution!
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, December 13, 2006, 10:35:00 »

Soapy Tit Wank nice one gents. certainly a good read.

Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, December 13, 2006, 10:35:53 »

Sound like good proposals to me. Shame about the narrow-minded idiot who obviously doesn't have clue about anything.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, December 13, 2006, 10:59:49 »

Posted this on the Adver forum...

Have the cricket club beenconsulted? wouldn't they be reluctant to leave?

What response have you had from the Council members that matter - the ones who'll make the decisions to give the go-ahead?
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, December 13, 2006, 11:03:19 »

Excellent proposals. Just a shame that a few idiots cant comprehend the plans properly and whinge about anything and everything.

boohoo more apartments. Swindon is still one of the fastest growing towns in europe and needs places for people to live.

Boo hoo another hotel. Yes, another one. Because up until recently it was nigh on impossible to get somewhere to stay in the town if you were coming in from outside of the town.

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, December 13, 2006, 11:11:15 »

the Cricket Club were consulted and would move in the right circumstances, but the proposals include two options - one for them not moving, and one if they do and it got past planning consent.  That's the joy of them, they are flexible enough for everyone to get involved.

The Central Ward Councillors were all ( I think) broadly in favour of these and were consulted on before, during and after.  We took onboard all the things that they would simply not accept and tested things that seemed to fit within their limits.
redbullzeye

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, December 13, 2006, 11:11:35 »

this sounds great - any drawings or plans drawn up?
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, December 13, 2006, 11:20:57 »

I'm quite excited about this!! We may even attract some decent bands to the town over the summer months.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, December 13, 2006, 11:21:10 »

whats the next stage then Rob?
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, December 13, 2006, 11:47:55 »

Posted by: Garry on 10:34am today
Oh God, not MORE appartments. Can you imagine what this town will look like in twenty years' time after a couple of economic recessions. All I see is a council ****-bent on short-term profit and greedy developers with an eye on their retirement - a profit gleaned from the current fad for town centre living. I can remember the 60's when the dream was of towering concrete council flats; today's dream is of cramming as many designer/yuppy apartments into as small an area as possible, as near to the town centre as possible. It will all end in tears.

Grrrrr.....I really hate people like this! The twon need to progress as a whole not just the football club. Why do people dwell on the past?!

Great report. Well done to the trust.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Danjackson10

« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, December 13, 2006, 11:48:57 »

Some good plans there! Can i just ask what the plans would be for car parking if the car park and the Ground behind the Arkells is being used up for development?
TalkTalk

« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, December 13, 2006, 11:52:11 »

Quote from: "Danjackson10"
Some good plans there! Can i just ask what the plans would be for car parking if the car park and the Ground behind the Arkells is being used up for development?

It has been suggested that a multi-storey car park is built on an adjacent retail site for use by that business as well as the sports facility. It has also been costed and it is not a ridiculous amount of money.
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, December 13, 2006, 11:53:12 »

very good read that. excellent work guys.

i know i don't live in swindon but you can clearly see the bennifits of such a scheme.

having all the facilities based in one prime location with the extra revenue of the hotel and appartments it's a great way to enter Swindon.

First your welcomed by the huge Honda factory, then the daunting prospect of the magic roundabout followed by the shere excellence of the football club, hotel, sport centres etc etc then you venture into the newly  refurbished city centre. this can surly only be a good thing for the city of swindon as a whole and put life back into a part of swindon which is going down hill.

TalkTalk

« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, December 13, 2006, 11:54:51 »

Full proposal now available online:

http://www.truststfc.co.uk/news_item.php?id=1005
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: