Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Possibly Thirteen Points Needed  (Read 23340 times)
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Tuesday, April 6, 2010, 20:00:21 »

I can't help but feel a fuck up coming in the last 6 games!

Why? Last seasons team yes but not this seasons. If anything we're looking better and stronger with every game that we play. Plus we're in our best spell of form of the season, five wins and a draw from the last six scoring ten and conceding one and that includes some of the hardest fixtures on paper. The next six are a piece of piss compared to the last six.

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Tuesday, April 6, 2010, 20:02:52 »

i think we will deffo lose at least 1 game.if we react to defeat like we have all season then it wont be a problem
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Tuesday, April 6, 2010, 20:04:15 »

Saturday is pivotal...we win at Colchester i think we will get second place.
Be nice to go to Millwall only needing a draw.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Tuesday, April 6, 2010, 20:05:57 »

Why? Last seasons team yes but not this seasons. If anything we're looking better and stronger with every game that we play. Plus we're in our best spell of form of the season, five wins and a draw from the last six scoring ten and conceding one and that includes some of the hardest fixtures on paper. The next six are a piece of piss compared to the last six.

But the pressure is now on.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Tuesday, April 6, 2010, 20:06:58 »

Be nice to go to Millwall only needing a draw.

Be even nicer going there for a party with promotion in the bag, which is what I reckon will happen.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Tuesday, April 6, 2010, 20:16:13 »

Be even nicer going there for a party with promotion in the bag, which is what I reckon will happen.

Be nice...but saturday is massive....win there and we will be hot favourites.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Tuesday, April 6, 2010, 20:26:08 »

Would anyone be so kind to text me updates on saturday due to me being at St James Park watching Newcastle?

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #157 on: Tuesday, April 6, 2010, 21:12:19 »

Would anyone be so kind to text me updates on saturday due to me being at St James Park watching Newcastle?

Will you not be watching the match there?
Barry Scott

« Reply #158 on: Tuesday, April 6, 2010, 21:22:56 »

I want this and don't want this. Millwall will be absolutely fucking unbelievable if we need to win and do. Promotion without a bit of a challenge will be a bit of an anti-climax i reckon. It's why the masochist in me wants playoffs, but know that is such a very, very bad thought and one i should never ever think.

I'm also attending every game we have left. Go me.  Eat
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #159 on: Tuesday, April 6, 2010, 21:37:12 »

Haha you all sound like Leeds fans a few months ago you twats
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Tuesday, April 6, 2010, 21:38:41 »

Will you not be watching the match there?

Yes but I'm more interested whats going on in Essex ! soapy tit wank

I'm going to watch Toon cos my mate asked me to go and I fancied a night out up there Smiley
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Tuesday, April 6, 2010, 22:04:41 »

I think the next two games could be crucial in determining how well we cope with the pressure of being second and grinding out results. A win on Sat maintains the status quo and if we beat Exeter on Monday then we really set a marker down for the teams playing on Tuesday and then Millwall play at Hudders on the Saturday.

Having said that draw or lose on Saturday then we slip (at least for a game) down a place or two. How we cope with that scenario against Exeter will show what we are made of. I think both games are tough, Colchester must surely bounce soon (said that before Leeds and we followed up Millwall's previous result quite well) and will their pitch suit us. Exeter are on a bit of roll but this is mainly at home, if they beat Leyton Orient on Sat then they are a step closer staying up.

I would love to think that we are not going to have a hiccup but somehow I think we will drop points somewhere along the way (but so will the others). Draws can kill you as much as defeats in some ways and our slight weakness is how we react to going a goal down as the majority of the time we get our noses in front and win from there. I do think that Danny Wilson's mentality/approach has been spot on at keeping the players focussed on one game at a time
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Tuesday, April 6, 2010, 22:11:07 »

A draw and a win would be a reasonable return for the next two in my book ( not that its that easy! ), that would probably remove us from second place. However I can't see any of the teams chasing automatic winning all 6 of their remaining games ( If they do they are up.)  So it'll all balance out eventually.

But after the Franchise game I thought the Colchester match would define if we made the playoffs, not whether it would keep us second!
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Tuesday, April 6, 2010, 22:16:37 »

I'll be watching Chelsea v Villa (FA Cup Semi) at Wembley, but I'll spend a lot of my time checking my phone.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #164 on: Tuesday, April 6, 2010, 22:21:05 »

I'll be watching Chelsea v Villa (FA Cup Semi) at Wembley, but I'll spend a lot of my time checking my phone.
Why the fuck are you going there?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: