Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Court Case  (Read 35352 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 13:13:47 »

He (standing) will have to sell for whatever is offered or be lumbered with 50% of a club he doesn't want. I would not be surprised if such discussions are already underway.

Lets hope the time frame to resolution doesn't scupper them.

You'd assume any interested parties would try to avoid time and expense by settling with all parties out of court though.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 13:15:10 »

Being dumb here.

Is Standing after acknowledgement of his 50% ownership, therefore getting half of whatever the club is eventually sold for or is he stating he hasn’t received his share of any transfer fees due?

When he was handing over money to Power was it to buy part of the club or just an ‘investment’ that got paid out when players were sold for good money?
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 13:19:23 »

I would assume that the parties and their legal representatives have carried out some form of costs benefit analysis on the various options and this has informed their respective positions.

Nothing to see here
Flashheart

« Reply #228 on: Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 13:20:59 »

Lets hope the time frame to resolution doesn't scupper them.

You'd assume any interested parties would try to avoid time and expense by settling with all parties out of court though.

My hunch is that after the trial date given yesterday, decisions will have been made and proceedings moved forward.
JBZ

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 13:22:04 »

I doubt that the trial window will have come as a surprise to the parties.

Nothing to see here
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 13:27:34 »

I doubt that the trial window will have come as a surprise to the parties.

Yeah I guess so. Their briefs must know the current court delay if it's not normal.

With cost benefit, again fair point.

Maybet if an offer was imminent (no not ITK!) that they will leave a take it or leave offer on the table. Carrying on with the process could be a way to tease out more money if said buyer really wants it.

Pah, I'm just writing drivel.

I don't see how all this plays out *if* it goes to court and *if* the club is still an ongoing concern by then.

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 13:29:16 »

When he was handing over money to Power was it to buy part of the club or just an ‘investment’ that got paid out when players were sold for good money?
The latter, or that was what he claimed in the first hearing back in wheneverthefuck
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 13:35:25 »

Maybe i am being a little naive on this but not being a legal 'person'  I am probably well out of my depth.   Reading the club has been valued at 7.5m, should a buyer be interested and all parties agree on the offer that is made would it not be possible for the go-ahead to take place with the payment put into a bond ?.  It would then allow the club to continue without the on going court case/hassles etc.
Once the ownership issues were sorted the monies bonded could then be paid to whoever is legally found to own which percentage.
I.e. If Power is found to own 50% then he receives 50% of the cash with the other 50% going to Standing/Barry.  I presume that both parties would never reach an agreement but who knows, Would certainly end this period of uncertainty and allow the club to concentrate on matters on the pitch again.
Surely this would be too easy ?.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
JBZ

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 13:39:36 »

The claimant's claim form and particulars of claim will set out his case.  I had a recollection that it was said that Standing says he paid in on a 50:50 basis and that operating costs and profits would be shared 50:50.  Further, he says power held 50% of shares in probably the holding company on trust for Standing because he couldn't hold them.  He later asked power to execute a stock transfer form so the shares could be transferred to someone else on his behalf but that didn't happen. Power's case is differs from this.

The court documents can be obtained as they are a matter of public record (although I think restrictions can be imposed in certain instances).

Nothing to see here
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 13:41:47 »

The latter, or that was what he claimed in the first hearing back in wheneverthefuck
OK. Then from what I’ve gleaned he has received a couple of mil or so back over the past few years (maybe THAT is where the Llungo/Byrne/Gladwin etc money went - or a good part of it).

Seems to me he hasn’t a cat in hells chance of getting his money back. If he’s still, say, £2-3m out of pocket and he only gets a return when a player is sold, he’s going to be waiting a long time.
JBZ

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 13:50:16 »

The suggestion that the club was worth 7.5m was, I suspect, based on the  assertion that the American entity offered that and there was some form of letter of intent.

I think that some doubt may have been cast on the American offer at the hearing of Power's fortification application last year.  The papers available in the public domain will confirm if this is correct.

In reality, the club is only worth whatever a buyer will pay for it.  

Nothing to see here
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 14:05:37 »

The suggestion that the club was worth 7.5m was, I suspect, based on the  assertion that the American entity offered that and there was some form of letter of intent.

I think that some doubt may have been cast on the American offer at the hearing of Power's fortification application last year.  The papers available in the public domain will confirm if this is correct.

In reality, the club is only worth whatever a buyer will pay for it. 

That was something the Judge was quite dismissive of last year, yes there was a £7.5m offer but it was on a single page letter with little known about who was offering it and not countersigned by Power, I think on that basis the judge basically applied little weight to it when considering the fortification.

Even yesterday Standings team seemed a lot more organised, I get the impression he/they are are pretty confident of winning and thus are throwing the kitchen sink at it on the basis that they won't have to pay for the costs.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 15:06:51 »

Banter of the town end according to the judge. Ha ha.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 15:17:11 »

Had wondered whether the Townend may have a case for libel against the Lord Chancellor but Jayohaitchen's "Robert Fuckland can cunt off" gives a plausible "fair comment" defence  Wink
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 15:54:24 »

Plenty of dicks on here  Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: