Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: FOA Fred Elliott, Tails, Deano & Co  (Read 9144 times)
deltaincline

« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, January 2, 2007, 16:56:35 »

Quote from: "sam_stfc"
Personally, I think there's nowt wrong with the fans. Call me plastic if you like, but if Swindon didn't have a league club and suddenly one came along I'd certainly go and watch them. Just the same as the residents of Milton Keynes did.

Plus this argument's been done thousands of times before, it's now boring and tiresome. Just let it go.

Nah, I'm not letting it go sam. Nothing personal mate and I totally respect your opinion.

Franchise are just that: A franchise. They have no history. The real Wimbledon started again soon after Franchise stole their league position and FL share. They now play as AFC Wimbledon. Franchise are reviled and held in contempt wherever they go. I think you'll find that their fans are cold shouldered too. I honestly could not share a drink with them. I respect the rights of others to act and feel diferently, but I think it's wrong to accept them or their stinking franchise club.

Sorry that you find this boring.  Just hope a franchise never happens here is all.
sonic youth

« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, January 2, 2007, 16:58:36 »

any existing wimbledon fans who support Franchise are even worse than the current plastics because they are actively encouraging and supporting franchise football.

it'll be interesting what effect a new stadium will have on the club though, whether it will generate greater interest, increase their fanbase and see them garner some success or whether they'll struggle in a similar manner to darlington.

depressingly, the precedent is there that clubs with new stadiums tend to go on to be more successful.
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, January 2, 2007, 17:02:14 »

I feel for teh origional fans, that must hurt so much having your team taken away, its very sad to admit but id lead a boring life without swindon

deltaincline

« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, January 2, 2007, 17:44:58 »

Quote from: "Bushey Boy"
I feel for teh origional fans, that must hurt so much having your team taken away, its very sad to admit but id lead a boring life without swindon

Nowt sad about that bushey. STFC are a big bit of many peoples lives Cool
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, January 2, 2007, 19:00:36 »

Quote from: "strooood"
i think it's a thorough embarassment.
please everyone stop being nice to other fans, especially that lot, it takes away the fun of it.

it was always gonna be the orange happy clappy loud and proud bunch that would embrace the franchise.

it will only end in tears.  Wink

I don't remember embracing the franchise, in fact I'm fairly sure many of them were getting a tough time with questioning being centred on their creation and why they'd want to watch.  Even had a good chat with a steward about how he hated them (being a Watford fan).  I depise their existence and was in two minds last season about going to their ground.

That's not to say some of them weren't willing to take the banter.  Yeovil was too busy buying drinks for the pub to get involved in any discussion though.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, January 2, 2007, 19:07:33 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"

depressingly, the precedent is there that clubs with new stadiums tend to go on to be more successful.

O*frod being the exception to the rule.
TalkTalk

« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, January 2, 2007, 20:26:24 »

Quote from: "strooood"
it was always gonna be the orange happy clappy loud and proud bunch that would embrace the franchise.

[out of character]
Fuck off
[/out of character]

FWIW I was talking to an elderly MKD fan in Wetherspoons yesterday - and no, I didn't embrace him - he collared me when I was eating my lunch. He has supported several local (to MK) non-league clubs all of his life, but when the Dons turned up on his doorstep he was overjoyed that he finally had a local League cub.

I'm not suggesting that in anyway condones what went on, just offering this as POV of what MKD fans might feel.
Bartek

« Reply #37 on: Wednesday, January 3, 2007, 00:32:38 »

Even in Franchise fans can we find quite polite fans... Soapy Tit Wank

and some of you were offened of their behaviour yesterday... Soapy Tit Wank
cowshed lady

« Reply #38 on: Wednesday, January 3, 2007, 01:38:03 »

Quote from: deltaincline
Quote from: "sam_stfc"
Personally, I think there's nowt wrong with the fans. Call me plastic if you like, but if Swindon didn't have a league club and suddenly one came along I'd certainly go and watch them. Just the same as the residents of Milton Keynes did.

Plus this argument's been done thousands of times before, it's now boring and tiresome. Just let it go.

Correct.. let it go..We are human really..didn't think the result was fair, but you played well and we didn't, end of story.. you cant keep harpin on about the fans, its not our fault, we still have a big following from the old dons, and new mk fans are joining, the argument is boring to us now.. old old old..
flammableBen

« Reply #39 on: Wednesday, January 3, 2007, 01:40:20 »

Quote from: "TalkTalk"

FWIW I was talking to an elderly MKD fan in Wetherspoons yesterday - and no, I didn't embrace him - he collared me when I was eating my lunch. He has supported several local (to MK) non-league clubs all of his life, but when the Dons turned up on his doorstep he was overjoyed that he finally had a local League cub.

I'm not suggesting that in anyway condones what went on, just offering this as POV of what MKD fans might feel.

That's sort of the point though isn't it, it doesn't only affect the fans of wimbledon but also any non-league clubs in the area of MK (fuck knows which ones they are). Whole thing is a travesty which shouldn't really just be forgotten.
cowshed lady

« Reply #40 on: Wednesday, January 3, 2007, 01:53:21 »

All true Wimbledon fans are still with us.. is only  the wankers who think they know best who aren't.... AFC WANK WANK WANK :arsekisser:
 Your Emoticons are so much better than ours
STFC4LIFE
Fence Fucker

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Wednesday, January 3, 2007, 01:58:05 »

Quote from: "cowshed lady"
All true Wimbledon fans are still with us.. is only  the wankers who think they know best who aren't.... AFC WANK WANK WANK

You just made yourself look an idiot there IMO.
cowshed lady

« Reply #42 on: Wednesday, January 3, 2007, 02:00:44 »

Oh Really twat.. and how??
DMR

« Reply #43 on: Wednesday, January 3, 2007, 02:03:53 »

Because AFC stand up against everything your sorry lot represent, now fuck off.
STFC4LIFE
Fence Fucker

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Wednesday, January 3, 2007, 02:05:00 »

Quote from: "dave_m_russell"
Because AFC stand up for everything your sorry lot represent, now fuck off.

Pretty much that, in a nicer way though Cheesy
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: