Poll
Question: How Good Are We Now after the new signings?  (Voting closed: Saturday, September 1, 2007, 08:02:44)
Automatic Promotion - 4 (4.1%)
Playoffs - 31 (31.6%)
Still midtable - 57 (58.2%)
bottom of the table - 1 (1%)
Not sure - 3 (3.1%)
Sideways. - 2 (2%)
Total Voters: 61

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: UP THE FOOTBALL LEAGUE WE GO???  (Read 5393 times)
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Monday, September 3, 2007, 18:18:30 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
Out of interest to this debate, here's a Crewe view of Saturday's events taken from Rivals

Yet against a dire Swindon side, playing typical Paul Sturrock, long ball football, Crewe could only muster one point and one goal; and that strike came virtue of an imperious Steven Schumacher volley.

Crewe really didn't look like scoring after that. Some of the crosses into the box looked half-decent, but Pope never looked particularly threatening and I am still thoroughly unconvinced by Shaun Miller.

Swindon were poor in the second half, easily the worst team we have come across so far, and they will probably end up in the relegation mix-up.

I'm obviously biased, but that is total shite imho.

Long ball game? Bollocks!

And if we're the worst they've played and they could only draw with us, surely they too will be in a relegation fight.

I don't think we played as well as we could, but every newspaper report I read on the game said we dominated and deserved the 3 points.

Whoever wrote that is a blind cunt.

It's All Good..............
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Monday, September 3, 2007, 18:25:26 »

I only posted it because it provides a different perspective......I assume ,"he", wasn't too impressed by his own team.   Don't forget Crewe fans have been treated to some decent  football over the years....I can recall us getting mullered by the Dean Ashton Rob Hulse duo 3 or 4 years back and a Danny Murphy, Seth Johnson midfield partnership giving us the run around a bit before that.
Panda Paws

« Reply #47 on: Monday, September 3, 2007, 18:37:46 »

A lot of fans of others clubs seem to think that PS plays hoof ball, but ever since he has come here he has emphasised getting the ball down and wide, then into the box.........The Danny Murphy, Seth Johndon partnership, was the 1995-1996?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Monday, September 3, 2007, 18:44:00 »

Quote from: "Panda Paws"
A lot of fans of others clubs seem to think that PS plays hoof ball, but ever since he has come here he has emphasised getting the ball down and wide, then into the box.........The Danny Murphy, Seth Johndon partnership, was the 1995-1996?

March 99.....
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Monday, September 3, 2007, 19:07:23 »

I only posted it because it provides a different perspective......I assume ,"he", wasn't too impressed by his own team.   Don't forget Crewe fans have been treated to some decent  football over the years....I can recall us getting mullered by the Dean Ashton Rob Hulse duo 3 or 4 years back and a Danny Murphy, Seth Johnson midfield partnership giving us the run around a bit before that.

not forgetting Rodney Jack...
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Monday, September 3, 2007, 21:04:14 »

Quote from: "DV"

Indeedy.....my own personal Rodney Jack, hell, memory though was the Boxing Day fixture 03 I think....at Rushden and Diamonds.....we were terrible....Fallon got sent off early doors, and Jack took the piss out of Gurney.   The lump Lowe got a couple....I fucking hate games like that, Cheltnumb, Wycombe, Barnet spring to mind where we've about 1/3 or more of the crowd....so intimidating its not, yet the players are still crap, so much for the 12th man bollocks.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Thursday, September 6, 2007, 18:47:59 »

Quote from: "DV"

Indeedy.....my own personal Rodney Jack, hell, memory though was the Boxing Day fixture 03 I think....at Rushden and Diamonds.....we were terrible....Fallon got sent off early doors, and Jack took the piss out of Gurney.   The lump Lowe got a couple....I fucking hate games like that, Cheltnumb, Wycombe, Barnet spring to mind where we've about 1/3 or more of the crowd....so intimidating its not, yet the players are still crap, so much for the 12th man bollocks.

Ah yes, Fallons little scrap with Hunter. Then in the reverse fixture when Hunter scored an own goal, Fallon proceeded to laugh in his face.   Funny stuff.

Whatever happened to Onandi Lowe? Or Rubbish and Dustbins for that matter?!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Thursday, September 6, 2007, 19:41:46 »

Lowe got into trub with the law for dealing coke.....he got off on some technicality.

Think he was at Coventry at the time....he drifted back to the WI.....at one point the scum wanted him, them being a suitable repository for the dodgy and criminal footballer, but he couldn't get a work permit or something.

Barry Hunter of course ended up as Assistant manager with us for a whilelast season, on eof the morre bizarre aspects of a bizarre promo campaign.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: