Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: FA Cup First Round Draw  (Read 39488 times)
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Monday, October 17, 2016, 20:00:25 »

Our last win/goal in the FA Cup was in 2012 against Wigan, when we were the giant killers.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Monday, October 17, 2016, 20:12:48 »

^ We scored at Rochdale last season.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Monday, October 17, 2016, 20:16:50 »

Christ, I'd forgotten about Histon. Whatever happened to them?

We used to be a good cup team, too.

We used to lose to a non league side, pretty much once a decade, starting in the 30's with a 1-3 home defeat to Southall, although it looks to have got a new name since then...

The poor sportsmanship of the Hun, meant that much of the Cup of the 40's was scrapped.  The 50's saw humiliation at Hastings 4-1, although not as bad as events 950 years ago. The 60's was Kettering, but they later got their comeuppance. The 70's was Tooting and Mitcham, followed by Dagenham in the 80's, not to be confused with Dagenham and Redbridge.

90's was the horror show of Stevenage, and the noughties Histon. This decade it's 2 already and chance to add, Crawley and Macc  Sad
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Monday, October 17, 2016, 21:07:38 »

Almost certainly a defeat.

I'll be there
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Monday, October 17, 2016, 21:19:39 »

We could be unbeaten in the league with a centre forward currently on 15+ goals and Eastleigh away would be an unwanted obstacle which would probably end in failure.

Horrible fixture.
phelpsieboy

« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, October 18, 2016, 02:37:45 »

Eastleigh's owner is also an Oxford fan who is also an Oxford shareholder, ploughing a lot of money into them each season along with the millions he has put into Eastleigh. It's fair to say that they are going to be up for this one.
Panda Paws

« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, October 18, 2016, 08:00:52 »

This has "upset" written all over it. Hopefully being on telly will be the only saving grace.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, October 18, 2016, 08:06:01 »

Talking of our yellow friends. I've just noticed they are playing 5 miles down the road from my house at Merstham. Choices choices. It must be the smallest place to host a first round game, the high street has no more than 10 shops.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, October 18, 2016, 11:35:16 »

I wanted a League side away...hopefully a good piss up venue....The smoke would of been good.
Not this...
Disaster written all over it.
Maybe we might get lucky, otherwise it's a concentration of staying in this shit league.

Clems Army!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday, October 18, 2016, 11:47:27 »

This has "upset" written all over it. Hopefully being on telly will be the only saving grace.

Surely being on the box is the last thing we want..... we've lost 4 out 5 in the Cup that have been televised, the sole exception being at away at Conference Crawley, when we got a face saving draw to lose the replay  Sad

To be honest, whereas as once I cared about the cup, now I take a leaf out of most of football and don't give a shit. There's not much difference between us and Eastleigh, just like what happened with Crawley we could be playing them next season.

In that Div 4 meeting a few months later, we dispatched the Baggage Handlers, 3 zip at whatever stupid name their dungheap was called at the time.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, October 18, 2016, 12:02:48 »

Mehdi Kerrouche is it it true, ooh ooh ooh...
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday, October 18, 2016, 13:00:30 »

Surely being on the box is the last thing we want..... we've lost 4 out 5 in the Cup that have been televised, the sole exception being at away at Conference Crawley, when we got a face saving draw to lose the replay  Sad

To be honest, whereas as once I cared about the cup, now I take a leaf out of most of football and don't give a shit. There's not much difference between us and Eastleigh, just like what happened with Crawley we could be playing them next season.

In that Div 4 meeting a few months later, we dispatched the Baggage Handlers, 3 zip at whatever stupid name their dungheap was called at the time.
What about beating Wigan at the CG. That was on TV.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Tuesday, October 18, 2016, 13:30:24 »

You mean we might win Wink
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Tuesday, October 18, 2016, 14:12:48 »

Only in your Milliganesque, Bed Sitting Room dystopian imagination.

Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Tuesday, October 18, 2016, 14:16:38 »

It wasn't as it was played at 3pm on a Saturday....unless there was some dodgy stream on the internet.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: