Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Have we been told this ?  (Read 1167 times)
returnofthereds

« on: Tuesday, March 20, 2007, 17:33:44 »

Sheffield Wednesday manager Brian Laws has confirmed Barry Corr will join Swindon on a permanent basis in the summer.

The 21-year-old has initially teamed up with former Owls manager Paul Sturrock until the end of the season, but will sign a long-term contract at the County Ground at the end of the current campaign.

Laws told PA Sport: "The loan is with a view to a permanent move. Swindon are effectively taking his contract over for the remainder of this season.

"Barry's not quite where we hoped he would be, but he will do a good job at that level and it should get his career kick-started.

"It also gives me a bit of room for manoeuvre, but I'm not going to be diving into the market. I'm happy that the squad is good enough to see us through this season."
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, March 20, 2007, 17:41:18 »

Sturrock said it was likely he'd be staying permanently.
returnofthereds

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, March 20, 2007, 17:58:44 »

Thanks, thought I must have missed that bit of news somewhere along the way. Oops
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, March 20, 2007, 18:10:19 »

To be fair though, we weren't specifically told that he definately would be signing, which is the kind of impression I'm getting from Laws. Sturrock has mentioned signing him permanently a few times, but I don't think that will be decided until we see how he plays.
Northern Red

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, March 20, 2007, 18:10:29 »

At least it's 21-year-olds he's signing permanently, not aging has-beens (a la Whalley)
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, March 20, 2007, 18:11:37 »

Quote from: "Northern Red"
At least it's 21-year-olds he's signing permanently, not aging has-beens (a la Whalley)

You can't fault King for not signing young players!
Northern Red

« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, March 20, 2007, 18:12:55 »

But I can have a go at him for putting aging tossers on long contracts
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, March 20, 2007, 19:11:40 »

But I think at the time everyone though Whally would turn out to be a good player...hindsight is a wonderful thing
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: