Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Recommend a London Hotel  (Read 3179 times)
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, March 12, 2013, 14:41:42 »

Going up to town in May, doing London Zoo, and require a decent hotel that has parking and reasonable access to public transport.

I know many on here would recommend the Hoxton, but is that suitable for a 4 YO monster as well?

Fill your boots folks.....
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, March 12, 2013, 14:45:58 »

Dont know if it meets your needs, but have a look at travel lodge they sometime have some good offers on such as 10 quid rooms etc.
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, March 12, 2013, 14:56:29 »

I really don't like Travelodge, and although I'd put up with a Premier Inn at a push, it would be nice for something a little more upmarket for a change. Hence the question.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, March 12, 2013, 15:48:07 »

The hoxton hasn't got parking, but there are plenty of NCP's nearby but it's within the congestion zone. They don't have family rooms - only double's and twins. Not sure if they provide some sort of mattress though for the little one.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, March 12, 2013, 15:59:50 »

Depends where you want to be and what you want to spend.

If I'm staying central, then I usually look around Bloomsbury, there's a load of hotels along Great Russell Street that are close enough to Oxford St, and Soho and Leicester sq in the other direction. But its a bit quieter at night if you want to get some sleep.

I've stayed at the Cheshire on Gt Russell St a couple of times but the last time was a while ago now. It's more expensive than the Travelodge type of places but not really expensive in terms of london prices. The Bloomsbury is a bit more upmarket if it's a special occassion, and there's a Raddison just up the road as well that's kinda in the middle of the two.

..never go back.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, March 12, 2013, 16:15:50 »

The wife and I were looking to have a weekend in London in early April, but engineering works at Reading have put me off that idea now. Fuck a 2.5 hour train/coach journey. We'll go somewhere else instead.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, March 12, 2013, 16:23:14 »

London hotels are getting stupidly expensive.  When I stay down there on my own I do the K west in shepherds bush or Hotel Indigo in paddington.  When Ive been with the family Ive stayed in Holiday inn on camden lock.  But for a family room you're looking at £150 - £200 in these places.  I only stay there because the company pays or if its a family thing I use my free holiday inn points so dont have to pay.

Never knowingly overstated.
manc_red

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, March 12, 2013, 18:10:01 »

If you don't mind being at bit out of the way, you can often get some great weekend rates at the Marriot West India Quay at Canary Wharf. 5 star, has parking (at extra cost) and is a couple of minutes walk to the DLR station. Its about 20 -30 minutes into the main touristy bit on DLR/tube from memory. Me and the Mrs usually stay there when in London, can often get weekend rooms for about £99 p/n.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, March 12, 2013, 18:24:57 »

Had a night in the Kings Cross Royal Scot Travelodge the other week, was only £63 and was only there from 9pm till 8am, but was depressingly generic!
Peter Gibbons

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, March 12, 2013, 18:32:49 »

Can't recommend a hotel in London, but if parking is a priority you may want to look at http://en.parkopedia.co.uk/ before you book anywhere

It's not that I'm lazy.  It's that I just don't care.
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, March 12, 2013, 18:35:28 »

The Premier Inn at Tower Bridge is pretty good

Also, I agree with the guy that mentioned Canary Warf - because it's a business area, you can get some good deals at the weekend, especially if you haggle
It's a bit further into town, but worth it if you get  deal
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, March 12, 2013, 18:37:40 »

Can't recommend a hotel in London, but if parking is a priority you may want to look at http://en.parkopedia.co.uk/ before you book anywhere

Or this site is very good

http://www.parkonmydrive.com/
Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, March 12, 2013, 19:00:21 »

The wife and I were looking to have a weekend in London in early April, but engineering works at Reading have put me off that idea now. Fuck a 2.5 hour train/coach journey. We'll go somewhere else instead.

Megabus. All the way, all the time. Takes less than 2 hours and the journey really isn't that bad.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, March 12, 2013, 19:52:50 »

Yeah, but Megabus takes just as long as the (delayed) train and the depart times are not that frequent or flexible.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, March 12, 2013, 20:56:08 »

True. We usually get the 9am in and 8pm back. It's just convenient and cheaper.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: