Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 ... 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Crewe pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 72203 times)
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #435 on: Sunday, January 12, 2020, 08:36:57 »

Yes it was a good atmosphere, throw back to the old days of Town End and DRS feeding off each other.

There's something about that mixture of excitement, hope and nervousness.

Couple of posters mentioned Broadbent, by the time I got home I'd forgotten what a strong contribution he made.  In the pub beforehand we were all explaining eloquently about how the Bradford high ball tactics played to his strengths but he'd struggle against Crewe's passing to feet style.  Completely wrong as usual.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #436 on: Sunday, January 12, 2020, 09:08:04 »

I was in the Arkells for the first time in ages yesterday. Because we won I’m probably going to have to keep going there until we lose!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #437 on: Sunday, January 12, 2020, 09:11:36 »

yesterday was fantastic- club united and moving forward together (coming from a Lee Power critic ill happily eat my words).
great to enjoy following town again
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #438 on: Sunday, January 12, 2020, 09:22:54 »

yesterday was fantastic- club united and moving forward together (coming from a Lee Power critic ill happily eat my words).
great to enjoy following town again

Only your words? Surely there must be a hat or underpants or something that you could eat as penance?
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #439 on: Sunday, January 12, 2020, 09:24:42 »

Just to echo what others have said.
The keeper, faultless display, a very handy bendy Benda.

Broadbent, did nothing wrong and good distribution, helped as well that Grant took care of their big guy up front.

Rose, a class act when fully fit. Maybe not so much of a problem with rushing Grant back into midfield if he can maintain the form. Knows what needs to be done in a promotion run in.

Doughty, showed a different side to his game with putting in a good defensive shift and still having the energy to make some good runs in the second half.

It’s getting to that stage of the season where grinding out the three points becomes, to a degree, more important than the performance.
And the home form, already better than 2 of the last 4 seasons!

Watching the warm up yesterday and Jacob Bancroft, he’s grown. Even more. Eek

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #440 on: Sunday, January 12, 2020, 09:44:25 »

I think everyone is pleased for Broadbent - must be frustrating for him when it's ‘just’ self confidence that’s holding you back.

Mind you, better that than being just plain shite like a few of our recently departed CBs.

Can’t say how impressed I was with all of them yesterday.

3 or 4 seasons just waiting for the cock ups and realisation that we just weren’t good enough had taken its toll.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #441 on: Sunday, January 12, 2020, 09:49:02 »

That was the first time I'd seen Benda live in a game where he actually had to do something (Crawley being the other). Brilliant... Our best keeper since Foderingham who in turn was our best keeper since Digby...
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #442 on: Sunday, January 12, 2020, 09:56:32 »

Richie Wellens to be a guest on Quest Efl programme today
Just watching the re-run. Is that twat of a presenter an Oxford fan?
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #443 on: Sunday, January 12, 2020, 10:18:52 »

Again,  no sense repeating what's already been said,   we were superb from front to back, 110% effort,  a few more performances like that and we'll be up by the end of February.    Was gutted last week with the late undeserved equaliser,  walked back to the station with it feeling like a defeat, this week head in the clouds,  it's surprising how a result of a match can change your whole attitude over the weekend.   Come on you Reds lets keep the momentum.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
brocklesby red

Ignore
« Reply #444 on: Sunday, January 12, 2020, 10:46:32 »

Colin Murray has Sam Parkin on as a regular guest and has focused on SwindonTown a fair bit this season including showing our goals twice last night. I think Oxford fans might be asking if he’s a Town fan, not sure who he supports but thought It was Liverpool
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #445 on: Sunday, January 12, 2020, 10:56:47 »

Colin Murray has Sam Parkin on as a regular guest and has focused on SwindonTown a fair bit this season including showing our goals twice last night. I think Oxford fans might be asking if he’s a Town fan, not sure who he supports but thought It was Liverpool

I actually like Colin Murray and miss his knowledge and humour MOTD2 on Sunday evenings and for the record he supports Liverpool

So, give no fucks
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #446 on: Sunday, January 12, 2020, 11:08:50 »

Link?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
woolster

« Reply #447 on: Sunday, January 12, 2020, 11:09:22 »

I actually like Colin Murray and miss his knowledge and humour MOTD2 on Sunday evenings and for the record he supports Liverpool
yes he is a Liverpool supporter, I think he quit Talk sport due to them being associated with the Sun newspaper, who the Scousers detest
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #448 on: Sunday, January 12, 2020, 11:16:17 »

Another great result and massive effort. Good noise from all sections of CG. Club, manager, players and fans all pulling together, forgotten what a great feeling that is.  Long may it continue.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #449 on: Sunday, January 12, 2020, 11:28:56 »

That was the first time I'd seen Benda live in a game where he actually had to do something (Crawley being the other). Brilliant... Our best keeper since Foderingham who in turn was our best keeper since Digby...
I think he’s better than Foderingham. I can’t remember the last time we had a ‘keeper that came and collected crosses like he does.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 ... 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to: