Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC V STFC - Official Matchday Thread  (Read 42862 times)
adje

Ignore
« Reply #405 on: Monday, August 29, 2011, 09:59:52 »

Timlin is not good enough, spat or no spat. If he had gone to Southend last year not one person would be now saying, "oh how I wish Timlin was here".

So much shit being thrown about and so much time to go

I would and will do if he goes now.PDC wants players "with heart" and that's exactly what Timlin gives.Last season he looked to me as a player who really wanted to be here amongst a group of players who clearly did not.
« Last Edit: Monday, August 29, 2011, 10:04:22 by adje » Logged

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #406 on: Monday, August 29, 2011, 11:21:06 »

I think Timlin would be a good back-up player in this league.  He always seems to give his best and you know what you're getting from him - solid but not spectacular.
If some of the comments here about his the reasons for his absence are true then that is a big concern for me.
It suggests that PdC will accept no expression of opinion that differs from his and a culture of fear, which can't be healthy, especially when things aren't going well.
dannywilliamsisgod

Ignore
« Reply #407 on: Monday, August 29, 2011, 11:56:21 »

I think Timlin would be a good back-up player in this league.  He always seems to give his best and you know what you're getting from him - solid but not spectacular.
If some of the comments here about his the reasons for his absence are true then that is a big concern for me.
It suggests that PdC will accept no expression of opinion that differs from his and a culture of fear, which can't be healthy, especially when things aren't going well.
Agree with you .Could it be something to do with his fascist beliefs?Dictatorships always end in revolt, and ultimately are overthrown, I don't expect this particular dictatorship to be any different.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #408 on: Monday, August 29, 2011, 12:10:13 »

Agree with you .Could it be something to do with his fascist beliefs?Dictatorships always end in revolt, and ultimately are overthrown, I don't expect this particular dictatorship to be any different.

go and have a lie down for god sake
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #409 on: Monday, August 29, 2011, 12:18:14 »

haha mental

A dictatorship?
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #410 on: Monday, August 29, 2011, 12:19:14 »

We have ways of making you talk.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #411 on: Monday, August 29, 2011, 15:48:06 »

If you are honestly trying to suggest a player can undermine the manager then you live in Cuckoo land,oh and by the way he aint a good back up player either in my view or in fact the last two managers view,why he was sent out on loan as he couldn't even make the bench.

No one knows the reason for the fall out between them,so stop the guessing games,ignore the comments and get behind the manager,not a player who has done fuck all in three years.
Muffin Man

« Reply #412 on: Monday, August 29, 2011, 15:58:05 »

If you are honestly trying to suggest a player can undermine the manager then you live in Cuckoo land,oh and by the way he aint a good back up player either in my view or in fact the last two managers view,why he was sent out on loan as he couldn't even make the bench.

No one knows the reason for the fall out between them,so stop the guessing games,ignore the comments and get behind the manager,not a player who has done fuck all in three years.

I have to agree pretty much word for word there Leefer.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #413 on: Monday, August 29, 2011, 15:59:51 »

Fuck me Leefer a good post at last.  Wink

If a player doesn't like where he plays then tough shit. Most players would be happy to play, even if it was out of position. I am getting the impression Timlin had a moan.

PDC has made it known he is the boss. No player should ever tell the gaffer what to do.

We're only 4 games into the season, so why is everyone moaning. Have a moan at christmas if we are still performing at expected levels. Every team has a blip, and ours is obviously now.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #414 on: Monday, August 29, 2011, 16:06:17 »

Fuck me Leefer a good post at last.  Wink

If a player doesn't like where he plays then tough shit. Most players would be happy to play, even if it was out of position. I am getting the impression Timlin had a moan.

PDC has made it known he is the boss. No player should ever tell the gaffer what to do.

We're only 4 games into the season, so why is everyone moaning. Have a moan at christmas if we are still performing at expected levels. Every team has a blip, and ours is obviously now.

I guess its the fact that our blip appears to have lasted pretty much the whole of 2011 and the fans are now sick of losing and desperately want to turn things around. I know its early days but the goal this season is promotion and we've made just about the worst possible start to the season imaginable. Its just so frustrating that after last season's shambles and the pre-season optimism with a big name manager and a load of fresh faces that we've not got out of the blocks as quickly as I guess people might have thought we would have done.

Moaning is easy to do, patience is not something a football supporter generally has.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #415 on: Monday, August 29, 2011, 16:06:29 »

Have a moan at christmas if we are still not performing at expected levels. .

corrected for you
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #416 on: Monday, August 29, 2011, 16:16:16 »

If you are honestly trying to suggest a player can undermine the manager then you live in Cuckoo land,

No one knows the reason for the fall out between them,so stop the guessing games,

Take your own advice.

Also, you have to take into consideration that the three previous managers who didnt pick Timlin were Paul Hart, Danny Wilson and Maurice Malpas - all utter clueless waste of spaces who failed here.

Our opinions of Timlin aside, Di Canio wanted him here. Di Canio offered him a new contract because he wanted him here. Di Canio played him in pre-season because he wanted him here. Di Canio picked him against Crewe because he wanted him in the team. Now he doesnt want him at all?

Yeah - usual.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #417 on: Monday, August 29, 2011, 16:20:18 »

Take your own advice.

Also, you have to take into consideration that the three previous managers who didnt pick Timlin were Paul Hart, Danny Wilson and Maurice Malpas - all utter clueless waste of spaces who failed here.

Our opinions of Timlin aside, Di Canio wanted him here. Di Canio offered him a new contract because he wanted him here. Di Canio played him in pre-season because he wanted him here. Di Canio picked him against Crewe because he wanted him in the team. Now he doesnt want him at all?

Yeah - usual.

How long after PDC arrived did Timlin get his new contract?

PDC didnt sign J Smith and Devera arrived 2 seconds after PDC so i have my doubts as to if he is a PDC signing, wondering if Timlin's contract was PDC's decision.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #418 on: Monday, August 29, 2011, 16:21:57 »

No we arent, we've played 5 league games and lost 4 of them.

Chesterfield who won L2 last season lost 8 all season. Bury and Wycombe lost 10 and 11 respectively.

Dozno9

« Reply #419 on: Monday, August 29, 2011, 17:01:42 »

How long after PDC arrived did Timlin get his new contract?

PDC didnt sign J Smith and Devera arrived 2 seconds after PDC so i have my doubts as to if he is a PDC signing, wondering if Timlin's contract was PDC's decision.

Timlin signed a contract end of June and PDC joined around 20th May.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30   Go Up
Print
Jump to: