Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 48   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Official #BteamBoycott Match Day Thread  (Read 114329 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Thursday, September 15, 2016, 09:40:45 »

Why are people boycotting? This is the club we support, people go to preseason and reserve games, what makes this different?
Flashheart

« Reply #256 on: Thursday, September 15, 2016, 09:42:35 »

There's 4 things you can be sure of in life. That's life, death, taxes and 4D not getting the point.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Thursday, September 15, 2016, 09:44:10 »

I don't follow football much these days and I can't be arsed to read back, so I don't really know  Smiley
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Thursday, September 15, 2016, 09:57:16 »

Why are people boycotting? This is the club we support, people go to preseason and reserve games, what makes this different?

There are no reserve games any more. Back in the halcyn days of the Football Combination, it was quite common to get a crowd the stated size of Tuesday, for a game v Chelsea or Spurs.

The PL, with FA collusion, want to include Prem B teams in the Football League.....anybody who attends a game in this competition are complicit in aiding the destruction, of lower league football. That includes the Oxford game.
« Last Edit: Thursday, September 15, 2016, 09:59:02 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Thursday, September 15, 2016, 10:03:19 »

Quote from: 4D
seriously?

surely you are trolling
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Thursday, September 15, 2016, 10:06:37 »

I don't follow football much these days and I can't be arsed to read back, so I don't really know  Smiley

Hmmm
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Thursday, September 15, 2016, 10:55:13 »

Thanks Reg.
Not trolling batch.
PF, the last game I went to was against Preston. I don't follow with the same interest I had in the past. Part of me is still there though  Smiley
« Last Edit: Thursday, September 15, 2016, 10:57:33 by 4D » Logged
Honest Lee

We are going up ! (sometime)

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Thursday, September 15, 2016, 11:23:55 »

Which part?  The Bellend?    Cheesy

The only thing that ever matters is to love and to be loved.
AldbourneRed

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Thursday, September 15, 2016, 12:26:44 »

The PL, with FA collusion, want to include Prem B teams in the Football League.....anybody who attends a game in this competition are complicit in aiding the destruction, of lower league football. That includes the Oxford game.

Whilst I'm strongly anti inclusion of Prem B teams in the Football League, stating that anybody who attends a Checkatrade game is complicit in aiding the destruction of lower league football is overly strong.

A sizeable number of football fans, I would suggest, are likely less informed than members of an online football forum on the details regarding this situation. To them this is still just the re-branded JPT where we happen to have played the Chelsea Dev team. To call them complicit is assuming a level of awareness that I just don't think is there in many.

It's not a given that the boycott of cup matches will have any effect on the future decision on the league structure.
Sadly I fear the money offered by the PL would dwarf any financial impact of a boycott, so the main purpose of the boycott is to make fans' opinions known. Absolutely right and proper, but part of a very complex jigsaw as far as the clubs are concerned.

To be clear, as a season ticket holder who normally never misses a match, I did not attend the Chelsea match and will not attend any others in this cup, but lets not go unfairly tarring all fans who did with complicity in the predicted demise of the league. The PL and the FA are a much much easier target for that.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Thursday, September 15, 2016, 13:52:08 »

Whilst I'm strongly anti inclusion of Prem B teams in the Football League, stating that anybody who attends a Checkatrade game is complicit in aiding the destruction of lower league football is overly strong.

A sizeable number of football fans, I would suggest, are likely less informed than members of an online football forum on the details regarding this situation. To them this is still just the re-branded JPT where we happen to have played the Chelsea Dev team. To call them complicit is assuming a level of awareness that I just don't think is there in many.

It's not a given that the boycott of cup matches will have any effect on the future decision on the league structure.
Sadly I fear the money offered by the PL would dwarf any financial impact of a boycott, so the main purpose of the boycott is to make fans' opinions known. Absolutely right and proper, but part of a very complex jigsaw as far as the clubs are concerned.

To be clear, as a season ticket holder who normally never misses a match, I did not attend the Chelsea match and will not attend any others in this cup, but lets not go unfairly tarring all fans who did with complicity in the predicted demise of the league. The PL and the FA are a much much easier target for that.
Good post. Rings true as I think my uncle would have attended until he heard my reasons for not going & then decided not to go himself either.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Thursday, September 15, 2016, 14:05:16 »

I must confess to having clicked on a link to Chelsea TV and watched most of the match online.  Because this was in full knowledge of the destruction of STFC and the lower leagues generally, I must admit I did feel very guilty but I just couldn't help myself.  Sorry Reg.
« Last Edit: Thursday, September 15, 2016, 14:09:23 by RedRag » Logged
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Thursday, September 15, 2016, 14:16:25 »

I agree with the boycott and won't be attending any of the games in the competition. I do however think that we're pissing in the wind. If PL clubs want B teams in the FL, they will get their way. They can afford to 'sweeten' the deal by chucking a few million to each lower league club and you can safely bet that most chairmen would accept it.

It's All Good..............
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Thursday, September 15, 2016, 14:55:52 »

This is the kind of thing that has put me off football these days, tradition is evaporating  Sad
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Thursday, September 15, 2016, 15:06:33 »

Gimmick competitions are hardly new. The only major issue here is the presence of U23's.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: Thursday, September 15, 2016, 15:14:02 »

Wow some sweeping statements going on in here. Let's face it people will  attend regardless, I think that by attending against league teams and boycotting the b team fixtures shows more than boycotting the whole thing. It shows that people are prepared to watch the Football League Trophy which is what is should be.

Il be going to Oxford as will thousands of others, to suggest we are supporting the introduction of B teams and the future demise of the league is frankly laughable.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 48   Go Up
Print
Jump to: