Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 48   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Official #BteamBoycott Match Day Thread  (Read 114329 times)
inept and tiresome

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #240 on: Wednesday, September 14, 2016, 16:27:02 »

For me the boycott is for the whole competition, hard to miss the Oxford game but I think it needs to be a complete boycott.
I see what you're saying but with the greatest respect, this is the piss stains we're talking about. So fuck this childish boycott and let's do what we've failed to do in the last 6 (or what ever it is) attempts.
2 0 to the Town and vindication for Luke Williams and algorithm football
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Wednesday, September 14, 2016, 16:33:09 »

The sponsors etc can be selective about what attendances to use but the media have been on the fans side with this. Low attendances for b team fixtures and good/normal for the cup attendances for league side v league side shows enough and that they are unwanted. I struggle with Saturday's so will be going to all of the Midweeks that I can. With the exception of last night and any future draws against b sides
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #242 on: Wednesday, September 14, 2016, 16:39:16 »

I see what you're saying but with the greatest respect, this is the piss stains we're talking about. So fuck this childish boycott and let's do what we've failed to do in the last 6 (or what ever it is) attempts.
2 0 to the Town and vindication for Luke Williams and algorithm football

Why's it childish?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
leftside

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #243 on: Wednesday, September 14, 2016, 17:09:36 »

Why's it childish?
It isn't.

Making some kind of stand now might, just might, help prevent the demise of fixtures like STFC v Pox in the years to come.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Wednesday, September 14, 2016, 18:22:38 »

Agreed.
Same here - crap competition in the first place - Even worse with B teams and 'league table' format - Sorry - Not for me.               Cheesey chips with baked beans........... Eat Eat

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Wednesday, September 14, 2016, 19:11:44 »

Even the media are boycotting it.no scores on bbc or sky and no results in the paper today (I)

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Wednesday, September 14, 2016, 19:12:50 »

It isn't.

Making some kind of stand now might, just might, help prevent the demise of fixtures like STFC v Pox in the years to come.

Quite, Now is the time to object, not when a proper league team lose the league place to a Premiership 'B' team
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Wednesday, September 14, 2016, 19:19:13 »

For the Oxford game season ticket holders seats (in the Arkells and Townend) are reserved until Friday 23rd so I assume that's why it looks like we have already sold a lot for it.

Reluctantly agree.

They will only see bums on seats and not valid argument.

Clems Army!
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Wednesday, September 14, 2016, 19:24:16 »

Same here - crap competition in the first place - Even worse with B teams and 'league table' format - Sorry - Not for me.               Cheesey chips with baked beans........... Eat Eat

Oh!

I thought I saw you pissed up in that Social Club in Newport...

Changed yer fucking tune!

Clems Army!
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Wednesday, September 14, 2016, 19:48:53 »

Oh!

I thought I saw you pissed up in that Social Club in Newport...

Changed yer fucking tune!
Oh, Oh, Oh, Not a bad comment from someone who boycotted the first 3 home games, Only went as someone had to show you the way.
Did'nt hear you complain when the womens darts team came in.
Chilli still insists there IS a KFC nearby.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Wednesday, September 14, 2016, 21:03:00 »

Hang on this isn't Leroy and Riddel really is it?
Christy

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Wednesday, September 14, 2016, 22:02:06 »

In theory I boycotted the game, although in practice, life took over, and I didn't.  It happens.

It was Reg (I think) who'd referred in advance to the section of our fans who are oddly fascinated by these lowkey insights into the club, and yes, I was curious as to how the players would respond after Saturday and with the excitement of Bury but days away.  And since Darlington 84 I've carried that mark of faux fanboy authenticity - so what if, what if it was our lowest ever crowd and this time I WASN'T THERE?  So yes, slightly unhinged doesn't get close.

Lack of Checkatrade principles apart, most of my remaining moral fibre is concentrated on really detesting corporate rubbish like Chelsea Football Club, and I'm proud to say that is undimmed even without that utterly detestable chap in charge.  Even so, my heart sank ever so slightly when I heard they'd pretty much gathered up some local 16 year olds who had Chelsea shirts and stuck them on the bus.  How dare they possibly show such a lack of respect to this awful competition, when I'd made such a huge effort to get to a game I absolutely didn't want to?

So all that aside, it pains me I suppose to say that the game of football was absolutely a worthwhile exercise.  Chelsea (it pains me etc) were fantastic: each of their players completely comfortable, exciting to watch and a blueprint for not only keeping the ball, but moving it quickly with purpose.  They posed a challenge our players will simply not face in L1 - and I appreciated Williams observing afterwards how knackered our players were - playing without the ball is not our modus operandi, and we all know it's not our strength.  So as a vindication of how we try to play it was bang on: this is how we can impose ourselves on other teams, and no, chasing for large chunks of 90 minutes ain't much fun.  Theirs reminded me quite a lot of that superb Walsall performance at the CG last season, some effort with precisely no tangible experience between them - and funnily enough, they left with the same result.

For us, Henry's enthusiasm is easy to admire, although his distribution - long with his left foot, and making the right decisions playing short to Branco - leaves me nervous before Saturday.  Branco was his usual galloping self, Tom Smith another enthusiastic type, and Sean Murray clearly offers quality (and set pieces!) - if not match sharpness just yet.  BOO, Hylton and Norris don't do it for me, and this was Fonzy's most convincing contribution - it looked as if he recognised their quality and wanted to prove that yeah, he was that good too.  Definitely him and Beeks up top on Saturday for me.

As for the crowd - I'd happily support those questioning it if necessary - but 2000 odd looked bang on to me.  If it makes us all feel a tiny bit better I think there were quite a few Chelsea leaning types in with us (and if it means kids sample live football and come back...it's a £1 on Saturday...) - so it's possible, after all, that this genuinely was our lowest ever 'home' support.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Wednesday, September 14, 2016, 23:30:28 »

As good a report as it gets really. Do take a little bit of umbrage on Henry he had 1 dodgy one with each foot, but boy can the kid stop a shot that isn't a complete worldeeee, decent with crosses also for being someone who looks shorter than me. It is what we should aspire to with the passing. We have the correct idea, just we're a little too slow moving it. Maybe LW should forego game videos. and show them Ossie's team and how they did it at pace, as they could emulate for sure.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Thursday, September 15, 2016, 08:42:36 »

The 1990 PLay Off final video would be the ideal advertisement, a thing of beauty.  There is one move where Malone reals off the names of the players names taking possession one after each other with no pause and no chance for other words.
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Thursday, September 15, 2016, 08:47:16 »

Anything that gives Malone less of a chance for other words is a good thing.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 48   Go Up
Print
Jump to: