Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 ... 52   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Oxford Vs Swindon Town Official Matchday thread.  (Read 98976 times)
fatbasher

« Reply #675 on: Sunday, March 4, 2012, 10:15:37 »

I can't see that on Twitter from Alan Mac, so it must have been removed.

Will as likely as not land him in trouble. One of the Scum supporters has taken a screen shot before it was removed and sent it to the FA.

On the topic of their fans the Scum forum is awash with a multitude of posts about yesterdays game, which I suppose is fair enough when you consider that they clearly have a small dick/non league mentality when it comes to STFC. I could understand it more if it was like say Port Vale beating Stoke twice in a season in say the League and FA Cup, but no, we're talking about two fourth division clubs here. Probably down to all those seasons in the pub league giving them a victim mentality.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #676 on: Sunday, March 4, 2012, 10:16:09 »

Well where to start with this one. Bit of a cagey start for both sides as to be expected in these derby games. We needed something early on to settle us and a goal would have been perfect but we missed 2 really good chances. The first was Rooney on the volley. Not an easy one but one that if he connects well it goes in. Second one was a guilt edged chance and there were really no excuses for missing it. Murray got lucky when the keeper kicked it at his back but it turned into a 3 against 1 situation and we still managed to muck it up. Poor stuff really.

Then came the sending off of Constable and this for me changed the game completely and bizzarly not in our favour. The 5 minutes that followed the red card we simply lost the plot. Their threat and game plan with 10 men was always going to be through set pieces. So giving away silly corners and free kicks cheaply was always going to end badly. You simply can't let the ball bounce in the box from a corner. No one attacked the ball for us and it ends up in the net. 1-0.

The second goal is truly shambolic defending. Ball over the top catches us out but by the time their number 23 gathers the ball under control Caddis has caught up with him and we have 3 players back in the box covering. How on earth we allowed him to get a ball across the box is one thing but to allow their player to nip in between 2 defenders is even more criminal. What a truly dreadful goal to concede. 2-0.

We huffed and puffed after that but there was always only going to be one result when we began to run out of ideas. Maybe we'd have got back into the game had Ritchie's shot not hit the post and gone in or if their keeper hadn't have pulled off a few decent saves before half time. The 2nd half was just a drab affair and a repeat of the game back in August where we dominated possession but did nothing with it. Sideways passing followed by no end product and no movement.

Dissapointing display from Town. I guess we were due another defeat following 10 straight wins but to lose to Oxford is the same manner again was very dissapointing. We're still top of the league and still in a very good position. 13 games left now and another run like the one we've just had will see us win the league. All to play for.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #677 on: Sunday, March 4, 2012, 10:21:25 »

Time to move on now then lads, game on Tuesday and then another big one - and in my opinion a season defining one - against Cheltenham on Saturday.  Win both of them and we will be looking very good, Nam won't be easy - our record against them is somewhat suspect to say the least.  Forget the Scum, let's win the next two games!
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #678 on: Sunday, March 4, 2012, 10:36:42 »

We had the chances to put the game to bed early in the first half but squandered each one. A few shambolic minutes put us into an awful position. We needed a goal just before HT or an early one in the 2nd half and neither materialised. Pox sat on their 18 yard line and soaked up everything we threw at them - would commend any team for doing it, so gotta give them credit unfortunately.

Paolo at the end managed to stave off the sickening feeling of this result sinking in for a little while, although by the time our coach finally left, the feeling had long since sunk in.

Fuck it, I wanna get some revenge over Dagenham for the last 3 results against them, then it's on to THE big one against Cheltenham.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
fatbasher

« Reply #679 on: Sunday, March 4, 2012, 10:40:31 »

Someone is away to Shrewsbury on Tuesday night, they'll wipe the smug grins off their faces and bring them down to earth.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #680 on: Sunday, March 4, 2012, 10:41:53 »

We had the chances to put the game to bed early in the first half but squandered each one. A few shambolic minutes put us into an awful position. We needed a goal just before HT or an early one in the 2nd half and neither materialised. Pox sat on their 18 yard line and soaked up everything we threw at them - would commend any team for doing it, so gotta give them credit unfortunately.

Paolo at the end managed to stave off the sickening feeling of this result sinking in for a little while, although by the time our coach finally left, the feeling had long since sunk in.

Fuck it, I wanna get some revenge over Dagenham for the last 3 results against them, then it's on to THE big one against Cheltenham.

Spot on Benz. In 3 weeks time if we've beaten Cheltenham and Torquay and are still top and we lift the JPT yesterday will be long forgotten. I still think we'll win the league to be honest.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #681 on: Sunday, March 4, 2012, 10:51:03 »

Fucking hell. Pathetic today Town don't care about the last 10 games, today mattered most.

yeah, I would much rather have lost the last 10 games & got 3 points against the scummers & watched them get promoted & play in a division above us next season.   Doh

Get a fucking grip

Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #682 on: Sunday, March 4, 2012, 11:34:45 »

Some people need to get a grip. We lost a game, yes against Oxford but just look at the league table. I still think we'll have the last laugh at the end of the season.
sn5_red

« Reply #683 on: Sunday, March 4, 2012, 11:43:32 »

Att: 11, 825 (1266 away)

but we were only allocated 1252 Hmmm
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #684 on: Sunday, March 4, 2012, 11:43:58 »

Some people need to get a grip. We lost a game, yes against Oxford but just look at the league table. I still think we'll have the last laugh at the end of the season.
Quite agree Ralphy, when something happens over there we see that the "yellows forum has gone into meltdown" - I think getting on for 50 pages of the TEF proves we are just as obsessive about them as they are about us.  It's happened, hard to take but move on - please!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #685 on: Sunday, March 4, 2012, 11:47:43 »

Fucking cunting shitcunts.

If we win the league by 20 points this season will still be tinged with failure now. Skulled twice by Oxford.

Anyone who says it doesn't matter of we win the league is a liar. It's cunting Oxford.

Fucking hell. Pathetic today Town don't care about the last 10 games, today mattered most.

Behave. Get a fucking grip.

etc, etc.
Flashheart

« Reply #686 on: Sunday, March 4, 2012, 11:47:54 »

Quite agree Ralphy, when something happens over there we see that the "yellows forum has gone into meltdown" - I think getting on for 50 pages of the TEF proves we are just as obsessive about them as they are about us.  It's happened, hard to take but move on - please!

Errrrrm

You do know this is a matchday thread?
Spud

« Reply #687 on: Sunday, March 4, 2012, 11:50:11 »

Got to say, that short journey from the ground entrance to the away end was quite an experience.

The word 'sitting ducks' springs to mind.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #688 on: Sunday, March 4, 2012, 11:56:02 »

Got to say, that short journey from the ground entrance to the away end was quite an experience.

The word 'sitting ducks' springs to mind.

Had no problem getting in at all, getting out again was more fun.

What happened to the bus that got stopped in the end?
Spud

« Reply #689 on: Sunday, March 4, 2012, 12:00:20 »

Had no problem getting in at all, getting out again was more fun.

What happened to the bus that got stopped in the end?

Our bus was the one that was stationed for what seemed like an eternity as some twat opened the back door which shut down the engine of the bus. The Police were screaming at the driver to move whilst he shouted back that he couldn't.

The Police took them to a field for an hour and a half.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 ... 52   Go Up
Print
Jump to: