Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trust STFC AGM / Relaunch  (Read 13144 times)
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2010, 13:46:48 »

I thought that was quite mild really compared to threads when I first starting viewing this site.
It also reminded me how much Sonic hated my guts then, doubt if there has been any change.

I wondering whether Maverick still harbours feelings of Mike-Love.  I don't miss those days.  One bit.

Dell - you wound me up something proper back then, but you're alright now.
china red

« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2010, 13:57:38 »

Yeah maybe I had forgotten just how bad he was.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2010, 14:03:56 »

does anyone remember STFC_Jeffrey?

What a twat!
china red

« Reply #33 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2010, 14:06:57 »

Was that the guy who pretended to be in the know about the take over/everything else, pissed off most town fans but had his picture and home address listed under the same user name on another website?
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2010, 14:06:58 »

does anyone remember STFC_Jeffrey?

What a twat!

I concur with that.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2010, 14:08:16 »

Was that the guy who pretended to be in the know about the take over/everything else, pissed off most town fans but had his picture and home address listed under the same user name on another website?

That'll be the one
china red

« Reply #36 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2010, 14:10:34 »

What was really shocking was the huge number of people who fell for his bull shit on the Adver site.  Just shows what a bunch of morons they are
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2010, 14:30:19 »

Reg Smeeton as positive as ever

I'd love to think Fitton and co will get in....and start to run the club properly,  just don't think it will happen..
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2010, 14:56:06 »

To be fair to Reg, it did look distinctly shakey at times due to "certain individuals connected to the club" (was that how Wise put it?) who seemed determined to fuck any hope of salvation if it didn't involve them getting the massive pay-off they felt they'd richly deserved. As opposed to the tarring and feathering they actually deserved
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2010, 15:47:41 »

To be fair to Maverick he was never actually pro Diamandis.

But looking back it's great now that we have a club that is run properly etc etc. However, back to the original post we still need a "watching brief" in case someone else ever comes in, hence the need for the Trust to maintain & increase influence / shareholding.

I bet two/ three years ago any one of us would have swapped our owners then for Mandaric who was at Portsmouth.
Would we now though ? I think not

From the Dark Side
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2010, 17:16:52 »

I bet two/ three years ago any one of us would have swapped our owners then for Mandaric who was at Portsmouth.
I bloody wouldn't. I think we were all pretty wary of the dangers of the "Anyone But Diamandis" factor and rightly so - look where that's got Portsmouth, to use the same example
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2010, 17:18:07 »

I bloody wouldn't. I think we were all pretty wary of the dangers of the "Anyone But Diamandis" factor and rightly so - look where that's got Portsmouth, to use the same example

It'd be interesting to know what would have happenned if the BEST lot had taken over, I'm not sure that they were the most upstanding of chaps.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2010, 17:20:11 »

It'd be interesting to know what would have happenned if the BEST lot had taken over, I'm not sure that they were the most upstanding of chaps.
Lovely use of understatement Nemo. I think a quick look at the Notts County thread, except without the intial hope or any payment of debt would be a reasonable guide
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2010, 17:24:24 »

It'd be interesting to know what has happenned TO the BEST lot.

Weren't they looking at Tranmere or somebody like that just after us? I'd love to know the whole story behind them too.

I particularly liked the fact the previous board made a big thing about the proposed Trust backed investor being "american and not a fan of the club" when trying to uncover Bill Power. Only for themselves later to reveal Jim Little as the front man for their preferred takeover!

Still thank gos those dark days are gone now.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2010, 17:40:13 »

It'd be interesting to know what has happenned TO the BEST lot.

Weren't they looking at Tranmere or somebody like that just after us?
Coventry, Tranmere and a couple of others IIRC. But I think Jim Little bailed shortly after they left us. He's back in PE in the US now I think, I'd imagine the rest of the Portugeezers have gone back to being dodgy agents
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: