Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Something i Heard  (Read 2250 times)
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 15:00:54 »

its kinda strange for ling to say that as i see it he regards youth set-ups as important for any club. Bodin currently runs the new college academy and scouts for ling's Orient. Brad gray wasnt the first and probably wont be the last swindon boy to sign for orient after playing under bodin here.

officially blacker than the night.
Spencer_White

« Reply #16 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 16:29:27 »

The whole academy thing is hit and miss. I would agree with Fatbury that teams DONT get what they out into them, especially at our level. City have made massive losses on theirs. Premiership money is a different level all together.

With the youths you just have to have the right people. We produced about 2 players of league standard in 10 years (Sol Davis and Mildenhall). Weve done better of late with Lukas, Caton, Pook (whose league pedigree is debateable) and now Tozer. Allen is also a very tidy player, if still a bit small.

It doesnt guarantee anything though.

I guess it was Ling who wanted too much money. I saw Chris Hughton at the Brighton game, so I think he probably had an interview as well.
lebowski

« Reply #17 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 18:22:55 »

i seriously doubt that we even spoke to ling, given that if orient let us speak to him without committing to take him on then it would undermine his position as manager there.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: