Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 ... 132   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Manager thread part (96837494)  (Read 158933 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1065 on: Monday, January 15, 2024, 09:36:26 »

It the lack of a nod and a wink to the press from someone "close to the source" that has me a doubting batch.

That the club could take ages to confirm there is no doubt.

Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #1066 on: Monday, January 15, 2024, 09:46:20 »

So nobody can tell for sure if Flynn is still the manager or not.
Surely there is training today  ?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1067 on: Monday, January 15, 2024, 09:47:03 »

Day off today.
Walthams

Ignore
« Reply #1068 on: Monday, January 15, 2024, 10:10:44 »

So nobody can tell for sure if Flynn is still the manager or not.
Surely there is training today  ?
If he had been sacked, surely it would have been announced straight away, there is no point in holding back the announcement.
TailBetweenLegs

Ignore
« Reply #1069 on: Monday, January 15, 2024, 10:11:48 »

Sounds like he has gone though from a few people so i think we should hear by today
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1070 on: Monday, January 15, 2024, 10:13:56 »

Sounds like he has gone though from a few people so i think we should hear by today

Ah, weird timing.
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #1071 on: Monday, January 15, 2024, 10:23:15 »

I did like Flynn and he initially showed us what exciting football could be played. If only he had a CB we would have been OK. He could have mixed and matched other positions and Town would still be in a play off position.
Trouble was he didn't   
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #1072 on: Monday, January 15, 2024, 10:26:27 »

If he had been sacked, surely it would have been announced straight away, there is no point in holding back the announcement.

Probably sorting legalities out before announcment if true
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #1073 on: Monday, January 15, 2024, 10:28:20 »

My frustration with Flynn is that he failed deliver what i think most of us expected prior to his arrival. There was some sense of appointing a practical league 2 manager, who knew what the division was about and understood the importance of physicality and experience. Yet he failed to recruit along this lines at all, and failed to set a team up understanding what needed to be done.

Bob1978

Ignore
« Reply #1074 on: Monday, January 15, 2024, 10:29:18 »

Ah, weird timing.

Stupid timing if true - second January transfer window in a row. Don't you change managers before a transfer window?
TailBetweenLegs

Ignore
« Reply #1075 on: Monday, January 15, 2024, 10:32:06 »

Gives the club the excuse if they don't strenghen properly doesn't it.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #1076 on: Monday, January 15, 2024, 10:34:20 »

Gives the club the excuse if they don't strenghen properly doesn't it.

Not sure it does. Flynns appointment was the perfect timing for recruitment over the summer and that didnt go that well.

Also depends how much you believe Flynn has to do with the recruitment.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1077 on: Monday, January 15, 2024, 10:46:03 »

Sacking your manager exactly halfway through January is peak Swindon isn't it, and really continues to show up the frankly shambolic way the club is being run, by people who haven't got a clue what they are doing. Since Garner and Chorley left, there has been absolutely nothing to suggest any thought has been made towards putting a cohesive plan together.

Scott Lindsey - cheap and pretty unpopular. The tide was turning before he left to go to Crawley. (where he is doing a good job to be fair to him) We got compo for him if nothing else.

Jody Morris - these type of appointments have gleaned gold for Swindon in the past. A very decent career at the top of the English game and seemingly a good upbringing in coaching at Chelsea. The whole Morris/Sandro/Brand experiment never worked either and that was ripped up.

Michael Flynn - Spoke a good game on the CG pitch, in fact made a good start with what looked an exciting, dynamic team and we very much looked like we'd be featuring towards the top end of the table. Alas he was given a new deal by the powers that be, and that was pretty much game over. Injuries and a feebly built squad of players that were shaped around 2 loan players that we developed tremendously for Bradford and Franchise and relied too much from our Academy. Form dipped, Flynn got antsy with the press and seemed to turn into John Sheridan as time passed.

Whoever comes in next, I don't envy them. We need more football people in the club, that have a proper plan in place. Changing the manager only is not going to be enough, whoever it is.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #1078 on: Monday, January 15, 2024, 11:00:26 »

Assuming he's gone, I don't see this job as a very attractive prospect for many managers. We have a paper thin squad and a board unwilling to back the manager in the transfer market.

People talking about Michael Duff are crazy - he's not long left Swansea and this would be a huge drop in standard compared to that.

It will be an out of work manager or an internal appointment.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #1079 on: Monday, January 15, 2024, 11:04:46 »

Austin until the end of the season.
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 ... 132   Go Up
Print
Jump to: