Pages: 1 ... 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 ... 132   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Manager thread part (96837494)  (Read 158915 times)
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #960 on: Sunday, January 14, 2024, 08:49:05 »

Why act now?

Maybe it’s because his record over the past 20 plus games and performances have been fucking shit with no signs of improving?

Just because you want the ownership to change doesn’t excuse the shitshow on the pitch.

As for deflecting /shifting noise, those who want Flynn out won’t suddenly warm to Clem and will still want the fucker out too.

The whole club needs gutting.

I don't disagree with any of that and I won't mourn Flynn's exit too hard but my lack of trust with Morfuni seeps into on the pitch matters.

My theory is that Clem Morfuni sacking a manager would be down to thinking that it would enough to get fans on side. There still isn't nearly enough 'on the ground' evidence to show that the Town fanbase are unhappy as a majority. So I would argue that Morfuni will think a managerial change will appease those in the ground for now. I might be wrong and I'm sure that might change soon.

Morfuni and co have been blundering almost every football decision up for 18 months so I genuinely fear what they'd do next if Morfuni, in his mind, knee-jerked Flynn's exit.

I know we had fun with Gunning/Mildenhall's 3-games last season but we're talking about 18 games here... or Morfuni drags in a Sheridan type and little changes, just more toxicity. No adequate manager in their desperate unemployed mind will take this gig.

Frigby and boeta have articulated my point better than me.

Either way, somebody has decided to apply pressure on Morfuni to bin Flynn by distributing this news/rumour. This happened last season with Sandro Di Michele and Jody Morris.
« Last Edit: Sunday, January 14, 2024, 08:52:11 by Costanza » Logged
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #961 on: Sunday, January 14, 2024, 09:01:06 »

You wonder what it is going to take to make more realise the cancer is in the boardroom. Your pod has been vocal for some time - but the other two (Fools Rush In and Broadbent) need to play their part now. I’ve now idea what comparative listener numbers are. OSC has to ask questions too. Hopefully then, this turns into a similar protest to Reading - enough to get national sports media attention.

Then you need a *credible / honourable* prospective owner(s) to make themselves known, either via the Trust (or perhaps not…) or the local media, and hey presto, we’ve got a plan.

Easy, right?
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #962 on: Sunday, January 14, 2024, 09:26:34 »

Knowing our board of crooks I’m fully expecting Joey Barton to be announced.
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #963 on: Sunday, January 14, 2024, 09:36:29 »

Not that Flynn is devoid of any blame but I have 0 enthusiasm for any change of manager, it’s just putting another face in front of us. A new manager would hopefully get the defence a bit more tightened but it’s not going to address the root issues at the club.

Flynn’s been talking about a strong, experienced spine from the summer through to now yet we’ve signed 2 young goalkeepers, 0 strong or experienced CB’s, one of his Walsall castoffs in midfield (who to his credit has been okay recently) and young punt strikers. It doesn’t strike me that this is the recruitment he wants.

Sacking him just provides a reason to hide behind for a poor January window when we give it to someone like Gunning for the next 2 weeks as they drag their feet finding a new manager, before we appoint one with 2 days of the window left then complain that we couldn’t sign many players because they were waiting to see who the new manager is.

Then we’ll conveniently get some sort of “competitive budget for the summer” press release as ST’s go out.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #964 on: Sunday, January 14, 2024, 10:01:11 »

2 goalkeepers?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #965 on: Sunday, January 14, 2024, 10:08:11 »

As the adver journo said, changing the manager at STFC is like a restaurant changing the salad dressing when they have a rat infestation.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #966 on: Sunday, January 14, 2024, 10:08:52 »

2 goalkeepers?

Murphy Mahoney and then Bycroft
Bob1978

Ignore
« Reply #967 on: Sunday, January 14, 2024, 10:11:43 »

I don't disagree with any of that and I won't mourn Flynn's exit too hard but my lack of trust with Morfuni seeps into on the pitch matters.

My theory is that Clem Morfuni sacking a manager would be down to thinking that it would enough to get fans on side. There still isn't nearly enough 'on the ground' evidence to show that the Town fanbase are unhappy as a majority. So I would argue that Morfuni will think a managerial change will appease those in the ground for now. I might be wrong and I'm sure that might change soon.

Morfuni and co have been blundering almost every football decision up for 18 months so I genuinely fear what they'd do next if Morfuni, in his mind, knee-jerked Flynn's exit.

I know we had fun with Gunning/Mildenhall's 3-games last season but we're talking about 18 games here... or Morfuni drags in a Sheridan type and little changes, just more toxicity. No adequate manager in their desperate unemployed mind will take this gig.

Frigby and boeta have articulated my point better than me.

Either way, somebody has decided to apply pressure on Morfuni to bin Flynn by distributing this news/rumour. This happened last season with Sandro Di Michele and Jody Morris.

Who is that somebody? Someone behind the scenes or a player?
newmarket red
, ; . ' ?

Thrives on negativity.

Ignore
« Reply #968 on: Sunday, January 14, 2024, 10:12:24 »

So has he gone or is it just a rumour.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #969 on: Sunday, January 14, 2024, 10:20:50 »

So has he gone or is it just a rumour.

Nobody seems to answer🤣

So, give no fucks
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #970 on: Sunday, January 14, 2024, 10:20:52 »

As the adver journo said, changing the manager at STFC is like a restaurant changing the salad dressing when they have a rat infestation.

Whilst that’s true.

It would still make the salad dressing better.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #971 on: Sunday, January 14, 2024, 10:24:41 »

Sacking a manager half way through a transfer window would be a neat illustration of how well run we are. I'm not particularly against Flynn going, but if we were going to make this call it should have been three weeks ago.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #972 on: Sunday, January 14, 2024, 10:27:03 »

Whilst that’s true.

It would still make the salad dressing better.

Not necessarily with our lot!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #973 on: Sunday, January 14, 2024, 10:47:11 »

*IF* the rumours of Flynn going are true, let's give Mad Gav a go and at least have some fun...we've got fuck all to lose... and neither has he...
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #974 on: Sunday, January 14, 2024, 10:51:38 »

Tbh, thought we’d have heard something by now - even a denial.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 ... 132   Go Up
Print
Jump to: