Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 ... 131   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Manager thread part (96837494)  (Read 156513 times)
adje

Ignore
« Reply #420 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 14:19:42 »

After a bit of thought, I could live with Flynn getting the job. His Newport team may not have been great on the eye but they were battling and organised and as we’ve seen, that gets teams promoted in this division over the “total football” teams we’ve attempted to go up with.
Who's he taken up?

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #421 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 14:20:24 »

Who would be your choice though, who realistically can we go get that is much better?
you tell me.

Clark or artell are the realistic on paper ones. but I suspect we have fucked off artell and no idea on Clark
--+--+

as I said, I'll suck it and see. Doesn't excite but neither did Wellens
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #422 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 14:20:28 »

Try telling Charlie Austin that us appointing a manager that gets the ball in the box at the first opportunity is a bad thing, I bet he would disagree.

If we go 4-4-2 next season, and go more direct getting balls into him and one other, I’m more than happy.
DMC

« Reply #423 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 14:21:29 »

you tell me.

Clark or artell are the realistic on paper ones. but I suspect we have fucked off artell and no idea on Clark
I can't tell you who you should want Cheesy
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #424 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 14:21:37 »

In fairness, what do we have the players for?

Gunningball
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #425 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 14:21:57 »

The end of the tippy tippy shit for sure  Clap

So, give no fucks
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #426 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 14:22:24 »

Quote from: DMC
I can't tell you who you should want Cheesy

well I've named 2
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #427 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 14:24:48 »

Who's he taken up?

Think that’s a silly comment without looking at the context. I’m not saying I’m 100% convinced he’ll take us up or that he’s my first choice but he’s a manager who’s experienced League 2, almost got Newport out of it on a shoestring budget and is a different direction to what we’re trying that isn’t working albeit the Walsall job is a question mark on him. I personally don’t mind a less attractive style if it brings wins, total football and wins would obviously be nice but we’ve seen plenty of teams get out of this division by simply being well drilled and organised and that’s what I remember from his Newport sides.

That being said, I’m not sure how some of our lightweight players will get on with his style or if he’ll adapt to fit them in.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #428 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 14:24:59 »

When he was at Newport he was linked with Bristol Rovers and Plymouth so couldn't have been that bad. As for Wallsall we don't know what restraints he may have been under.
His 1 good season at Newport he was overseen by the very experienced Lennie Lawrence, when Lawrence left for Stevenage their results and perfomances went to pot. At Walsall he didnt have a DoF to oversee things.

If he is appointed then I will back him until he proved otherwise, but he is not and never has been my 1st choice as manager.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
DMC

« Reply #429 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 14:25:17 »

well I've named 2
OK Batch
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #430 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 14:25:23 »

Gunningball
More like "Gunn Ho".

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Ides of March

Ignore
« Reply #431 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 14:25:49 »

Quite funny how people have an issue with Flynn due to his team at Newport. If they played the ‘right way’ and got to two PO finals, I’m sure people would be somewhat excited by his appointment, but just because his side dared to have a bit of fight and ‘bully’ teams, his achievements are disregarded. Who’s to say he will come here and play hoofball anyway? He merely played to his team’s strengths at Newport, under a team he inherited which suited their pitch, hence their strong home record under him.

Not saying he is a guaranteed success here but turning up our nose just because his team’s at Newport played some conventional L2 football is laughable
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #432 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 14:26:30 »

Fuck sake. Flynn is probably the worst appointment we could make

Sheridan is available
DMC

« Reply #433 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 14:27:18 »

His 1 good season at Newport he was overseen by the very experienced Lennie Lawrence, when Lawrence left for Stevenage their results and perfomances went to pot. At Walsall he didnt have a DoF to oversee things.

If he is appointed then I will back him until he proved otherwise, but he is not and never has been my 1st choice as manager.
Bit unfair JJ. Kept them up against the odds, 2 play off finals and then kept Walsall up too when he took over there
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #434 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 14:27:26 »

Quite funny how people have an issue with Flynn due to his team at Newport. If they played the ‘right way’ and got to two PO finals, I’m sure people would be somewhat excited by his appointment, but just because his side dared to have a bit of fight and ‘bully’ teams, his achievements are disregarded. Who’s to say he will come here and play hoofball anyway? He merely played to his team’s strengths at Newport, under a team he inherited which suited their pitch, hence their strong home record under him.

Not saying he is a guaranteed success here but turning up our nose just because his team’s at Newport played some conventional L2 football is laughable

On a pitch with no grass😀

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 ... 131   Go Up
Print
Jump to: