Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 132   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Manager thread part (96837494)  (Read 158938 times)
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Wednesday, May 3, 2023, 07:47:44 »

Not a huge amount to really whet your whistle about him being the new manager, although I do like this bit when he was working with PDC here - Piccareta spoke of sharing footballing philosophies with Di Canio setting out a plan to bring a "strong identity" to Swindon along with an "Italian methodology in training" and that their "kind of football won't be boring for the fans"

All great buzz words that will be music to many Swindon fans' ears.

I’m sold. When can he start?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Wednesday, May 3, 2023, 07:49:27 »

Wouldn’t turn my nose up at Piccareta.

Obviously would be a big gamble. Think we’ve probably had our fingers burnt by Morris, so imagine we’ll go dull this time.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Wednesday, May 3, 2023, 08:56:58 »

I don’t quite understand the objection to a manager that has failed somewhere else, on the basis that most of them have failed at some point.

There are many here that would happily have Wellens back, but even he has failed more than he has succeeded (2 good out of 5 jobs).

There are no guarantees, just probability.   In most cases it just depends on circumstances.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Wednesday, May 3, 2023, 09:01:11 »

Bah - I don't care anymore. Just get someone in who can be versatile, get the squad of players organised and disciplined. This season has shown it doesn't really matter how much quality you have in this league... Just put together a well drilled side. If you then have a couple of players with flashes of class you'll probably be alright.

Chances are whoever it is will be shit and leave / good and be poached within a year anyway!
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Wednesday, May 3, 2023, 09:06:14 »

Bah - I don't care anymore. Just get someone in who can be versatile, get the squad of players organised and disciplined. This season has shown it doesn't really matter how much quality you have in this league... Just put together a well drilled side. If you then have a couple of players with flashes of class you'll probably be alright.

Chances are whoever it is will be shit and leave / good and be poached within a year anyway!
100% agreed on all counts...
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Wednesday, May 3, 2023, 09:09:23 »

Yeah, I'm tired of it all really. This regime have absolutely worn me down with dross. I struggle to even get angry about it all. Just start getting the basics right for fuck sake.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Wednesday, May 3, 2023, 09:13:01 »

I’m sold. When can he start?

he'll be appointed the day the transfer window SLAMS shut.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Wednesday, May 3, 2023, 09:14:42 »

Yeah, I'm tired of it all really. This regime have absolutely worn me down with dross. I struggle to even get angry about it all. Just start getting the basics right for fuck sake.

Yes, the off the pitch stuff does seem to annoy me more than on the pitch at the moment. Absolute clown show. What faith do we have that two people (Clem/Rob) who have zero background in football are capable of organising a manager search? A proper football CEO or genuine Director of Football should be priority #1.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Wednesday, May 3, 2023, 09:19:16 »

Yeah, other than a vague feeling of "fit" I've given up on 'who do you want'.

As I said before, last manager I was massively against us appointing was Wellens!
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Wednesday, May 3, 2023, 09:36:38 »

I don't doubt that Clem's intentions are good, but this season has just been a fucking disaster. If (big if) we have a good season next season then we can probably put this year down to some 'teething' issues and perhaps a bit of naivety but if next season follows on from this then I'm not sure how he comes back from it.

I know Rob works very hard but I do think him shifting positions and getting a more football oriented CEO in would be a smart move.
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Wednesday, May 3, 2023, 09:46:16 »

Karl Robinson will be assissting Big Sam at direty Leeds so hopefully he remains well out of the running.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #236 on: Wednesday, May 3, 2023, 09:48:42 »

A totally defeatest attitude that, and one I am in absolute agreement with.

Its the story of being a Swindon fan (and most lower league clubs too).

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Wednesday, May 3, 2023, 09:56:29 »

and on Piccareta I know a lot of people long for the Di Canio days, but he could have been our manager and decided to walk out on us. On that basis, I'd rather not.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #238 on: Wednesday, May 3, 2023, 10:09:04 »

and on Piccareta I know a lot of people long for the Di Canio days, but he could have been our manager and decided to walk out on us. On that basis, I'd rather not.
Indeed, Piccareta seems like a decent bloke who genuinely does love his time he had at Swindon. We have moved on now though.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Wednesday, May 3, 2023, 11:02:31 »

Funnier tings have happened, it wouldn’t at all suprise me to see a him and Cads team. When interviewed in the 1879 suite, he names Cads as his stand out player.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 132   Go Up
Print
Jump to: